Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 188 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 178 187 188
Results 3,741 to 3,746 of 3746

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because I can’t read

WHO CARES ABOUT COVID, THE FLU KILLS MORE PEOPLE.
    lol.

The thing is, the only reason we haven't seen more deaths is because of both the measures being taken, as well as the fact this is nowhere near finished. The fatality rate of this is far higher than the flu - 10x at minimum.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I really don’t like where you’re going with that though. You don’t get to decide to sacrifice my friends and family just because you’re out of work. That’s fucked up.
    I guess if you are reading him through a lens of fear, you could likely manage to pull that out of what he said but that doesn't mean you're correct. Bob doesn't want to sell tires over your dead grandma's still warm corpse.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/5080571002/

So, eight strains? Does not bode well for mutations in the future. But I can imagine that if you live through the first one, any mutation will have a much tougher time being lethal to any survivor.
    The article linked keeps mentioning base pairs, but that’s not quite accurate. SARS-CoV 2 is a single strand positive RNA virus, so shouldn’t they call it nucleotide?

Anyway you can dig into the data mentioned in that article more on https://nextstrain.org/ncov

They have weekly updates on their data and phylogenetic tree.

My Ride
    2015 Fiesta ST, 2018 GTI PP

“During the 2018-19 flu season, about 35 million people in the US contracted the flu and about 34,000 died, according to the CDC.”

We are like 2 months in and already at about 38,000 deaths worldwide, even with the lockdowns and distancing, which we didn’t do with the flu obviously..

So the “flu kills more people” nutters can finally shut up with that line.
    Just show them this graph:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut...ekly_seasonal/

The difference with war is the people who go off to die are volunteers. With a deadly virus, the people you plan to sacrifice to maintain your way of life get no say in the matter.

I really don’t like where you’re going with that though. You don’t get to decide to sacrifice my friends and family just because you’re out of work. That’s fucked up.
    I could not agree with you more. I am frankly disappointed in some people. We open up the economy right now, more people die. When enough people die, we shut down the economy again. Anyone who believes that this is overblown should go volunteer at the hospital because they are obviously immune to this disease.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I guess if you are reading him through a lens of fear, you could likely manage to pull that out of what he said but that doesn't mean you're correct. Bob doesn't want to sell tires over your dead grandma's still warm corpse.
    No, just a cold corpse because it's clear that his business is more important than an anonymous grandma's life, whom he has never met.

Step back and think about this for a moment. How is it probable that so many intelligent doctors, scientists, nurses, and leaders around the world, with access to much more information, can decide that it is appropriate to partially shut down economies to save lives? Do people believe that they are *that much* smarter? That's delusional. If you are that much more intelligent, please feel free to save the world. We are all waiting.

When was the last time we have seen doctors around the world plead, with such passion, to have people stay home? To consider this an overblown topic is wildly ignorant with toxic egocentricity.

But feel free to carry on with whatever the fuck you want to do. What do I know? I'm just a janitor.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; Today at 08:27 PM.
    Beyond Pandemic Live Inventory Count
    A790: 3 Beer + 2.5 Pot Bellied Pigs + 420 raisins; AndyL: 7 TP + 1 Grocery Store Manager's Kid
    Errcchry: 6 Red Wine + -0.5 Frozen II Bubble Bath; ExtraSlow: 12.5 TP
    Muse017: 1 New Bidet + 2 Clean Poopchutes; Nzwasp: 22.3 TP
    Sabad66: 32.1 TP + 5 Jars of Brined Poop; Sikid111: 81.5 TP + 2 Soon-To-Be Stolen Shovels
    ZenOps: 1,185 Anal Q-Tips; Last Updated: 3/29/2020 1:33pm

My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post

Step back and think about this for a moment. How is it probable that so many intelligent doctors, scientists, nurses, and leaders around the world, with access to much more information, can decide that it is appropriate to partially shut down economies to save lives? Do people believe that they are *that much* smarter? That's delusional.
    Switch this quote to be about the environment, and watch half this forum lose their shit in disagreement.

Also, it's not about his one business. It's about the world's economy. Wait until we're in year 5 of a great depression, and grandma has passed on from non-covid reasons, and ask yourself if it was worth it.

While he doesn't speak for everyone, my own grandpa says he would rather die now, then in 3 years, knowing his descendants will be living through another depression. It was hard enough for him to watch all my cousin's be out of work for years in Ontario.

But feel free to carry on with whatever the fuck you want to do. What do I know? I'm just a janitor.
    That's custodian, dick.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; Today at 08:33 PM.

Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 178 187 188