Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 905 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 905 of 985 FirstFirst ... 895 904 905 906 915 ... LastLast
Results 18,081 to 18,100 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34089610/

Naturally Acquired SARS-CoV-2 Immunity Persists for Up to 11 Months Following Infection

Lasts longer than a booster!

I'm double vax'd but continuing to scapegoat the unvax is not helpful.

New case counts are 82% fully vax and 16.5% unvax. Hospitalizations are 49% vax and 47% unvax. So to blame the entire pandemic outcomes on unvax is not logical.
    What is your source of case counts ?

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Just pulled it off the AB.ca site

https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...ccine-outcomes

Bottom line, if we could vaccinate our way out of Covid the pandemic would be officially over by now. Yes I understand that if those last 15% of the population are responsible for a little under half of the hospitalizations but there are still hospitalizations occurring in the fully vax. So you can't eliminate it entirely through vaccination. So why not try and treat the disease in the early stages and prevent a portion of those hospitalizations from ever reaching the hospital.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    ute

Bottom line, if we could vaccinate our way out of Covid the pandemic would be officially over by now. Yes I understand that if those last 15% of the population are responsible for a little under half of the hospitalizations but there are still hospitalizations occurring in the fully vax. So you can't eliminate it entirely through vaccination. So why not try and treat the disease in the early stages and prevent a portion of those hospitalizations from ever reaching the hospital.
    damn 03's

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

You have scroll down the page and look at hospitalization by age and that will tell the story you are looking for …

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Stick to working on cars.

Wait, which moron are you again?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It’s so weird siding with @kertejud2
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If you NegRep him/her, it eases the pain. Sort of restores a balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Who thinks AB will announce another lockdown in the next 2 weeks or less? Will drink a pour of whiskey every night in preparation.
    Time stock up on toilet paper again,
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Boy View Post
    Time stock up on toilet paper again,
    I thought it was pressure transmitters in 2022.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

You sure are a special kind of dumb. Let's look at those hospitalization numbers.

Age 80+: 492 fully vaccinated vs 392 unvaccinated. (With 93-94% of the age range double vaccinated)
    Rate per 100k: 384 fully vaccinated vs 4,193 unvaccinated.

So per person there's over 10x as many unvaccinated 80+ people in the hospital. If all of those idiots were vaccinated that 392 would be ~36 people in hospital (using the vaccinated per 100k rate).

Age 70-89: 339 full vaccinated vs 646 unvaccinated
    Rate per 100k: 138 vs 6,350

So per person there's over 50(!) times as many unvaccinated 70-79 year olds in the hospital. If all of these idiots were vaccinated those 646 people would amount to just 15 people taking up a hospital bed.

Those two age ranges alone there are a thousand unvaccinated idiots in the hospital when it should only be about 50 based on their portion of the population. That's why people are blaming it on the unvaccinated. Freeing up a thousand hospital beds is a massive difference. And it continues throughout the age range.

60-69: Per capita there is 60 times more unvaccinated people in the hospital.
    50-59: Per capita its 50x as many
    40-49: Per capita its 50x as many again
    30-39: it's 30x
    12-29: it's 25x

Across the border a small portion of the population is taking up far more resources than the rest.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 01-04-2022 at 11:50 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    You sure are a special kind of dumb. Let's look at those hospitalization numbers.

Age 80+: 492 fully vaccinated vs 392 unvaccinated. (With 93-94% of the age range double vaccinated)
    Rate per 100k: 384 fully vaccinated vs 4,193 unvaccinated.

So per person there's over 10x as many unvaccinated 80+ people in the hospital. If all of those idiots were vaccinated that 392 would be ~36 people in hospital (using the vaccinated per 100k rate).

Age 70-89: 339 full vaccinated vs 646 unvaccinated
    Rate per 100k: 138 vs 6,350

So per person there's over 50(!) times as many unvaccinated 70-79 year olds in the hospital. If all of these idiots were vaccinated those 646 people would amount to just 15 people taking up a hospital bed.

Those two age ranges alone there are a thousand unvaccinated idiots in the hospital when it should only be about 50 based on their portion of the population. That's why people are blaming it on the unvaccinated. Freeing up a thousand hospital beds is a massive difference. And it continues throughout the age range.

60-69: Per capita there is 60 times more unvaccinated people in the hospital.
    50-59: Per capita its 50x as many
    40-49: Per capita its 50x as many again
    30-39: it's 30x
    12-29: it's 25x

Across the border a small portion of the population is taking up far more resources than the rest.
    This needs to be a stacked chart.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

We need to stop scapegoating the unvaccinated to move past this pandemic. Double and triple vax are still catching omicron so I fail to see the correlation with unvax being to blame for our current situation. Yes, being vaccinated reduces severe outcomes. But so does having antibodies from natural exposure.

We are not going to vaccinate our way out of this problem. It is time to look at early treatment of infections and let omicron rip. Treat people early so they dont develop into hospital/icu cases. The current "treatment" of stay home until your oxygen levels are low enough to need an ambulance ride is 50% of the problem. We are just dumb lucky that omicron has mutated into an upper respiratory infection.
    There are significant statistic is that unvaccinated is putting 5-10x more strain on hospitals on every wave and they increase the infectious period which prolong/speed up the spread. I think scapegoating them is warranted.

The only problem they are accommodated is we are not letting immigrants in or having babies fast enough to replace them in the workforce.

Look vaccination is a choice but every choice should have consequences. You do the crime, you do the time. You are unvaxxed, you should be lower priority in the health care system as you have done nothing to help secure it other than bitching why there are no resources.

EDIT: Pheoxs got the real detailed numbers.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-05-2022 at 12:29 AM.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Alright alright stop picking on me with data and logic. Once omnicron rips through the genpop then basically all albertans will be "vaccinated" either with vaccine or with natural immunity from contracting the virus. So in theory this is all a moot point and by March 1 pandemic is over*.

*bodycount TBD based on # of unvaccinated individuals & comorbidities at start of omnicron wave
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Alright alright stop picking on me with data and logic. Once omnicron rips through the genpop then basically all albertans will be "vaccinated" either with vaccine or with natural immunity from contracting the virus. So in theory this is all a moot point and by March 1 pandemic is over*.

*bodycount TBD based on # of unvaccinated individuals & comorbidities at start of omnicron wave
    To accomplish that the hospitals will take a big hit. As such we will continue to scapegoat the unvaccinated.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Is there that much dry tinder left in the province?

4.4 million total pop.
    7.7 million doses administered
    looks like 3.5 million w/ at least 1 dose
    So that leaves ~900k unvaccinated people in the province
    Total cases confirmed to date is 380k with Hinshaw estimating 4-6x actual cases for each confirmed case so probably around 1.5 to 2.3 million cases to date
    So my rough estimate of people left without either a vaccine dose or a natural exposure would be somewhere between 500k and 600k people depending on the amount of overlap between vaccinated and infected.
    The case rates /100k people are for 120 days so that would include mostly delta infections and probably not be accurate for omicron. If omicron is impacting the lungs 1/10 the amount that delta or OG strain then we might be OK even with 0 restriction and just let omicron rip.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    ute

Is there that much dry tinder left in the province?

4.4 million total pop.
    7.7 million doses administered
    looks like 3.5 million w/ at least 1 dose
    So that leaves ~900k unvaccinated people in the province
    Total cases confirmed to date is 380k with Hinshaw estimating 4-6x actual cases for each confirmed case so probably around 1.5 to 2.3 million cases to date
    So my rough estimate of people left without either a vaccine dose or a natural exposure would be somewhere between 500k and 600k people depending on the amount of overlap between vaccinated and infected.
    The case rates /100k people are for 120 days so that would include mostly delta infections and probably not be accurate for omicron. If omicron is impacting the lungs 1/10 the amount that delta or OG strain then we might be OK even with 0 restriction and just let omicron rip.
    Only time will give us the answer to that question.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Happens to me too, feels weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Omicron will infect nearly everyone one way or the other. This may end up being a blessing if it confers any lasting protection against the next couple of variants. It also may do some good if it convinces any significant portion of the unvaccinated to get a jab or two.

We need to get to an "endemic" status for this thing, on a political level more than any epidemiological level. That would mean removing most of the temporary public health measures, and keeping only those that are tolerable to our economy and society for a long-term.

We may find that there are some long-term modifications to our health care system that are required. Honestly, that's a conversation I think all of Canada needs to have in any event.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Omicron will infect nearly everyone one way or the other. This may end up being a blessing if it confers any lasting protection against the next couple of variants. It also may do some good if it convinces any significant portion of the unvaccinated to get a jab or two.
    Omi gives some protection from Delta, that's why it's stamping Delta out and become dominate strain.

Omi give no protection from Beta which isn't spreading wide beyond SA.

Too early to know about French IHU, but WHO say don't worry about it.

My Ride
    06 S2000

My sister, who had caught the alpha variant, and then was double vaxxed, caught Omicron. So I guess natural immunity didn't help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 905 of 985 FirstFirst ... 895 904 905 906 915 ... LastLast