Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 985 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I have to wonder how the Canadian healthcare system will handle a widespread outbreak. Isn't it overloaded on the best of days?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to wonder how the Canadian healthcare system will handle a widespread outbreak. Isn't it overloaded on the best of days?
    Nope, fully efficient and best healthcare in the world.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Nope, fully efficient and best healthcare in the world.
    The only thing that could make it more efficient is to increase wages for union members.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

One things for certain now that Trump is downplaying the virus, many in the media and gov will most certainty be bringing a ton of attention to it (and it's already starting). If Trump says it, they must do and believe the opposite, and it is a great opportunity they're using to show the US's lack of preparedness, funding etc.

I'm not certain how much that will trickle over into Canadian MSM though, there have been few (if any) pieces criticizing the government's response or policy thus far.

My Ride
    4x4

https://trib.al/pAgHvzI

"12th" Canadian case, likely from travel to iran.

11th case throwing fits because doesn't want to use up sick days and vacation time to self isolate. there's a handout for that of course...

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Attachment 89576

Kind of spooky when the Centers of Disease Control makes a statement like this.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1232382384365948928
    It's an election year and Trump cut CDC funding. So they may have an axe to grind on top of PSA.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-26-2020 at 01:09 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Attachment 89576

Kind of spooky when the Centers of Disease Control makes a statement like this.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1232382384365948928
    Massive disruption to mankind with flu like symptoms. *sniff* *cough*
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Massive disruption to mankind with flu like symptoms. *sniff* *cough*
    18 doctors in Wuhan have died to date.

How many Canadian doctors have died from the flu to date this Canadian flu season?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    18 doctors in Wuhan have died to date.

How many Canadian doctors have died from the flu to date this Canadian flu season?
    It's tough to make a comparison like that without a great deal of additional information, such as age, preexisting health conditions (known or unknown), exposure to pollution, are they a smoker, etc. These death numbers people keep quoting are missing so much key information that they don't really mean much in the way the seem to be most often presented.

From everything I have read so far, the people dying from this are by and large the high risk demographics, and the deaths are concentrated around the Wuhan area which is relatively poor, high pollution, and most people are smokers. That's a very different demographic compared to the average person in Canada.

Wuhan's pollution is so bad it is many times the maximum limits allowed in North America for airborne particles - and this particular virus targets the lungs. Things like that are likely affecting people's ability to fight it.

If you or I got it as (presumably) healthy adults, we might not even know. Most people who get it seem to have some mild symptoms and that's it, according to the reports I have read anyway. Who knows how much information out there is accurate though, especially in terms of numbers reporting.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-26-2020 at 03:00 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    It's tough to make a comparison like that without a great deal of additional information, such as age, preexisting health conditions (known or unknown), exposure to pollution, are they a smoker, etc. These death numbers people keep quoting are missing so much key information that they don't really mean much in the way the seem to be most often presented.

From everything I have read so far, the people dying from this are by and large the high risk demographics, and the deaths are concentrated around the Wuhan area which is relatively poor, high pollution, and most people are smokers. That's a very different demographic compared to the average person in Canada.

Wuhan's pollution is so bad it is many times the maximum limits allowed in North America for airborne particles - and this particular virus targets the lungs. Things like that are likely affecting people's ability to fight it.

If you or I got it as (presumably) healthy adults, we might not even know. Most people who get it seem to have some mild symptoms and that's it, according to the reports I have read anyway. Who knows how much information out there is accurate though, especially in terms of numbers reporting.
    Valid points, but what you're also missing is, how many of these people would have died if it was the common flu, definitely a lot less than the 2% current mortality rate the WHO is telling everyone
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

you are forgetting that most people in Canada, including people of Chinese decent, consider china to be a third world country in terms of hygiene and health services.

I personally thing we have misplaced trust in our public health institutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Valid points, but what you're also missing is, how many of these people would have died if it was the common flu, definitely a lot less than the 2% current mortality rate the WHO is telling everyone
    I agree with you, but that is an issue with a lot of things because without a parallel universe we'll never really know. The same point comes up a lot whenever medicine/treatment is discussed as well - for example if I spent $1000 on Physio rehabilitating my knee over several months, did it get better because of the treatment, or would have I just healed up naturally after a few months. It's the same reason why ColdFX became so successful - it gives people something to credit when their immune system naturally gets rid of their cold in a week or two, and it's success is solely based on the fact that the person taking it will never know what happened if they didn't. There isn't really a way to know for sure when dealing with something that may affect each individual differently, so we don't really have the benefit of knowing how things would have played out another way.

If the mortality rate is disproportionately high, but if the people dying have disproportionately unhealthy environments and lifestyles, then is it really higher than the normal flu? Who knows. Also, most people who get the normal flu don't self-report, they sit at home and watch Netflix until they're better. When everyone is scared of the coronavirus, more people self-report and seek treatment within the medical system which also skews numbers when comparing to the regular flu.

Personally, I think this is being way overblown and every post I have seen so far with people sharing death statistics have conveniently left out lots of very key information - the numbers by themselves don't do much other than fear monger IMO. If you accompany those numbers with the relevant data on the victims, they become much more meaningful. Just for an example, the WHO says about 435,000 people die every year from Malaria (2017) - that's a scary number on it's own, but after knowing that 93% of those were in Africa and primarily in very poor areas without the same access to protection and hygiene that we're used to, it all of a sudden doesn't become something that most people need to be concerned about in terms of personal safety.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-26-2020 at 03:21 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

Thumbs down Health Minister Patty Hajdu is encouraging Canadians to stockpile food and medication

Time to stock pile some foods and medication. Anyone know where to find masks?

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...a-wuhan-deaths

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by KLCC View Post
    Time to stock pile some foods and medication. Anyone know where to find masks?

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...a-wuhan-deaths
    I've got some N99's They're goin for about 200 bucks a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    I've got some N99's They're goin for about 200 bucks a piece.
    Interestingly enough, i got the wife to stockpile all of our meds that we routinely use in addition to some basic things like hand sanitizer and tissues. Today she was back at walmart and the prices are already up 20%.

Got me some tins of seafood. Tinned seafood tends to last longer than SPAM. Time to be a believer that every 100 years the germs retake the world.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

But nothing tastes better than spam.
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    4x4

https://www.cn-healthcare.com/articl...nt-531404.html

On February 23, the official website of Hubei Xiaogan Central Hospital issued an obituary stating that Comrade Huang Wenjun, deputy chief physician of the department of respiratory medicine of Xiaogan Central Hospital, was rescued and cured by various parties. At 19:30 on February 23, 2020, he died unfortunately! He was 42 years old.

Du Xiansheng, a 55-year-old doctor from Yangjiang Hospital in Qiongzhongli Autonomous County, Hainan Province, unfortunately contracted new crown pneumonia, but was not effective after rescue. He died at 13:50 on February 23.

On February 23, Wuhan Xiehe Jiangbei Hospital issued a notice saying that at 6:30 am on the 23rd, the treatment was invalid, and Xia Sisi, a digestive physician at the hospital, died at Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University.

Xia Sisi, 29, a resident of Gastroenterology at Xiehe Jiangbei Hospital, was unfortunately infected during the treatment of patients.

Due to infection with new crown pneumonia, at 21:50 on February 20, Dr. Peng Yinhua died at Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital at the age of 29.

At 10:54 on February 18, the former director of Wuchang Hospital, Liu Zhiming, died of infection with new crown pneumonia and died at the age of 51. He was the first serving dean in Wuhan to die of an infection since the outbreak.

On February 17, the media learned from the Propaganda Department of Ezhou Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital of Hubei Province that Xu Defu, former president of Mingtang Branch of Ezhou Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital, died on February 13 due to new crown pneumonia. * My edit below it says 69yrs

Wuchang Hospital ’s official Weibo posted on February 15 that Liu Fan was a nurse at the injection room of Liyuan Street Community Health Service Center in Wuchang Hospital. He died of illness at 6:30 pm on the 14th and died at the age of 59.

The official Weibo of Wuhan Central Hospital announced that Li Wenliang, an ophthalmologist at Wuhan Central Hospital, was unfortunately infected during the pneumonia epidemic to fight the new coronavirus infection, and failed to rescue him.

At 18:13 on February 8, 2020, Xiao Jun, a general surgeon at the Wuhan Red Cross Hospital, was unfortunately infected with new coronary pneumonia in the front line of the epidemic, and died after rescue.

Dr. Xiao Jun, 50, is the deputy chief physician of the department of general surgery.

On January 16, 2020, Liang Wudong, an otolaryngologist at Hubei Provincial Hospital of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine (Xinhua Hospital), was suspected to be infected with the new coronavirus pneumonia. On the 18th, he was transferred to Jinyintan Hospital and died at 7 am on January 25. , At the age of 62.

On February 23, Nantong Qidong City Health and Health Committee released the news. At about 3 pm on February 22, the head of the ward of Nanyang Town Community Health Service Center in Qidong City, Zhu Xi, died of systemic multiple organ failure and died at the age of 48. year old.

On February 10, Wang Tucheng, a village doctor in Xinwangzhuang Village, fixed his life forever on the front line of the epidemic. After several days of fighting, Wang Tucheng was only 37 years old due to overwork and sudden acute myocardial infarction .

On February 7, Xu Hui, the deputy director of the New Coronary Virus Infection Pneumonia Prevention and Treatment Working Group of Nanjing Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, died unfortunately at the age of 51 in the early morning of the day due to a sudden illness.

At 13: 9 on February 4, Yao Liuji, a member of the Party branch and village doctor of Beijie Village, Tsutou Town, Li County, suddenly fainted on the front line of the epidemic prevention and control, and died after the rescue. He was 68 years old.

On January 28, Jiang Jinbo, a physician from Dayu County Center for Disease Control and Prevention in Ganzhou City, Jiangxi Province, died of 58 years of age after suffering from an overwork due to overwork.

Huang Wenjun

On February 23, the official website of Hubei Xiaogan Central Hospital issued an obituary stating that Comrade Huang Wenjun, deputy chief physician of the department of respiratory medicine of Xiaogan Central Hospital, was rescued and cured by various parties. At 19:30 on February 23, 2020, he died unfortunately! He was 42 years old.

Du Xiansheng

Du Xiansheng, a 55-year-old doctor from Yangjiang Hospital in Qiongzhongli Autonomous County, Hainan Province, unfortunately contracted new crown pneumonia, but was not effective after rescue. He died at 13:50 on February 23.

Xia Sisi

On February 23, Wuhan Xiehe Jiangbei Hospital issued a notice saying that at 6:30 am on the 23rd, the treatment was invalid, and Xia Sisi, a digestive physician at the hospital, died at Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University.

Xia Sisi, 29, a resident of Gastroenterology at Xiehe Jiangbei Hospital, was unfortunately infected during the treatment of patients.

Xu Defu

On February 17, the media learned from the Propaganda Department of Ezhou Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital of Hubei Province that Xu Defu, former president of Mingtang Branch of Ezhou Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital, died on February 13 due to new crown pneumonia.

Liu Fan

Wuchang Hospital ’s official Weibo posted on February 15 that Liu Fan was a nurse at the injection room of Liyuan Street Community Health Service Center in Wuchang Hospital. He died of illness at 6:30 pm on the 14th and died at the age of 59.

"Whistleman" Li Wenliang

The official Weibo of Wuhan Central Hospital announced that Li Wenliang, an ophthalmologist at Wuhan Central Hospital, was unfortunately infected during the pneumonia epidemic to fight the new coronavirus infection, and failed to rescue him.

Because the earliest protection warning was issued to the outside world, it was called "whistler." On the afternoon of December 30, 2019, Li Wenliang released information about the epidemic situation in the South China Seafood Market among his classmates. Soon after, he was warned and admonished by the police station in his jurisdiction for "posting false statements on the Internet."

Xiao Jun

At 18:13 on February 8, 2020, Xiao Jun, a general surgeon at the Wuhan Red Cross Hospital, was unfortunately infected with new coronary pneumonia in the front line of the epidemic, and died after rescue.

Dr. Xiao Jun, 50, is the deputy chief physician of the department of general surgery

Liang Wudong

On January 16, 2020, Liang Wudong, an otolaryngologist at Hubei Provincial Hospital of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine (Xinhua Hospital), was suspected to be infected with the new coronavirus pneumonia. On the 18th, he was transferred to Jinyintan Hospital and died at 7 am on January 25. , At the age of 62.

Zhu Xi

On February 23, Nantong Qidong City Health and Health Committee released the news. At about 3 pm on February 22, the head of the ward of Nanyang Town Community Health Service Center in Qidong City, Zhu Xi, died of systemic multiple organ failure and died at the age of 48. year old.

Wang Tucheng

On February 10, Wang Tucheng, a village doctor in Xinwangzhuang Village, fixed his life forever on the front line of the epidemic. After several days of fighting, Wang Tucheng was only 37 years old due to overwork and sudden acute myocardial infarction .

Xu Hui

On February 7, Xu Hui, the deputy director of the New Coronary Virus Infection Pneumonia Prevention and Treatment Working Group of Nanjing Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, died unfortunately at the age of 51 in the early morning of the day due to a sudden illness.

Jiang Jinbo

On January 28, Jiang Jinbo, a physician from Dayu County Center for Disease Control and Prevention in Ganzhou City, Jiangxi Province, died of 58 years of age after suffering from an overwork due to overwork.

On the first day of the new year on January 25, Mao Yanghong, the deputy director of the Central Health Center of Xianyang Town, Pucheng County, Fujian, according to the epidemic prevention arrangements, checked the temperature of the occupants of passing vehicles at the high-speed checkpoint.

At 9 o'clock that night, after seeing the signal, a car passed the brakes by mistake, causing the vehicle to get out of control and knocked down. The hairy red suicide died. According to family members, Mao Yanghong applied for overtime on the initiative because of insufficient staff, but unexpectedly fell on the front line of epidemic prevention.

[Well at least one is a car accident!]

According to the news from Jiangsu Taizhou People's Hospital, on January 23, Dr. Jiang Jijun from the Department of Infectious Diseases of the Hospital went to a fever clinic after a rounds round, and due to respiratory arrest, he fell to a job he loved. Rescued but Dr. Jiang still died unfortunately at 15:00 on the same day at the age of 51.

Song Yingjie, under the age of 28 at the time of sacrifice, was overworked and caused sudden cardiac death.

Hmm lots of worked to death - is that chinese code for taken out back and shot?
    Last edited by AndyL; 02-26-2020 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Wierd copy/paste issues from china

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    snip
    I managed to get a degree by reading less than that wall of text.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    I managed to get a degree by reading less than that wall of text.
    Lmao, wierdness happying with copy/paste from translated chinese sites. Trying to fix

Page 40 of 985 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast