Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 409 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 409 of 985 FirstFirst ... 399 408 409 410 419 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,180 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, BMI over 30 isn't limited to obesity (coming in hot at a balmy 33.2 today). Why do they even use that useless index?

But America fat tho.
    My bmi is 31.8 and I have 12% body fat. So fuck this stat. There's exclusions based on fitness levels I think.

Here is another example of why I struggle to trust the numbers coming from the US.

"Oops, we "forgot" to clear any of our active cases, which overstated them by 5600%" Active cases dropped over night from 4600 to 81 once an audit was done. How many other counties is this happening in?

https://nworeport.me/2020/08/27/texa...0-after-audit/

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Here is another example of why I struggle to trust the numbers coming from the US.

"Oops, we "forgot" to clear any of our active cases, which overstated them by 5600%" Active cases dropped over night from 4600 to 81 once an audit was done. How many other counties is this happening in?

Collin County had 215 new cases today and 96 new cases yesterday ... there's no way they have active cases around there.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...d-19-1.5704526

How is this possible when masks have been mandatory for a month? Why are cases increasing and not decreasing? Should we wear two masks instead of just one? Social distancing extended to 8 feet instead of 6? Only 2 people in elevators instead of 3? Thicker plexiglass at cash registers? Shower stations instead of hand sanitizer?

But seriously, what is the theory on daily cases being almost unchanged since August when everyone is being more careful?
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    NC1

Just wait till everyone is in doors, it’s really gonna explode. Find out soon enough
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post

How is this possible when masks have been mandatory for a month? Why are cases increasing and not decreasing? Should we wear two masks instead of just one? Social distancing extended to 8 feet instead of 6? Only 2 people in elevators instead of 3? Thicker plexiglass at cash registers? Shower stations instead of hand sanitizer?

But seriously, what is the theory on daily cases being almost unchanged since August when everyone is being more careful?
    There's multiple new outbreaks at meat plants again. One in Balzac and one in the city

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

That has not been my experience. Lots of parties happening on my street these past couple of weeks.

Hell, I was invited to a work function next week with 40 people there.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    That has not been my experience. Lots of parties happening on my street these past couple of weeks.

Hell, I was invited to a work function next week with 40 people there.
    I have to agree, I think the numbers are staying the same or going up because people are just getting complacent and comfortable with Covid haha, judging from instagram stories alone life is normal from what I can see for a lot of people.

German protests against Covid restrictions rising.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Bicycle

US numbers are as reliable/true as Chinese numbers IMHO.

My Ride
    Silverado

True, it only happens in countries run by criminals.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  34.0 KB

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/canada/

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Because mask usage is not mandatory where spread is occurring the most. Private parties and restaurants were where cases were being linked back to, but you cant legislate mask use at someone's home and they're not going to close restaurants. Aside from the occasional employee, no large numbers were being traced back to grocery stores, but apparently they are risky places.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    True, it only happens in countries run by criminals.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  34.0 KB

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/canada/
    That's Quebec applying auto recovery from reporting.

Was always active:
    Essentially, Quebec had been unique in not assuming people had recovered from COVID-19 if they weren't in hospital or deceased. Once people tested positive, if there was no further proof of their recovery, their case would still be listed as active.
    Now recovery is assumed after set days:
    For most people, once 14 days have passed since a positive test, they'll be considered recovered if not hospitalized or deceased. For people considered immunosuppressed, the algorithm will count them as recovered after 21 days. And for people over age 80 or living in long-term care homes, it's 28 days.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-c...nted-1.5028344

Gathering without proper precaution still happens and gladly that's what most of these outbreaks are. Not random condo hallways and such. So I think that's fine and expected as fatigue sets in. And I'm sure many are coming back from summer family vacation as well before school starts so I think it's inevitable.

At peak, AB has 3000 active cases and we are teetering on around 1000 right now with everything opened. Although it is not a fair comparison (May vs Aug), but it does seems there is some impact.

https://www.michigandaily.com/sectio...saturday-night

A photo of an outdoor party Sunday night with the banner “You can’t eat ASS with a mask on” sparked much conversation on social media. Many said in replies to the original tweet that they were disappointed but not surprised.

Information graduate student Daniella Raz captured the viral photograph while she was walking home. She said she saw the party at about 9:30 p.m. Sunday night.

She said the banner proves some students don’t plan on following public health guidelines.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-31-2020 at 10:05 AM.

My Ride
    ute

having the numbers creep up or down is fine. What we're worried about is evidence of exponential growth.

Take a look around and you'll see a huge number of people not following the rules. The most popular ways to wear a mask it seems are around the chin, below the nose, or dangling from one ear. Downtown there are more people not following them than following them from my observations. In my office there are zero people wearing masks or social distancing, meetings are carrying on as normal, people are visiting without a mask in other people's offices, etc. Our elevators do not have social distancing rules because it isn't even 6 feet wide and 4 people are allowed in. Building staff are not enforcing the rules. Gyms do not require masks, nor do schools / daycares with little kids and restaurants do not require them. On top of all this, the punishment is minimal and enforcement is nonexistent. The last flight I was on the guy beside me was not wearing a mask at all and the WestJet staff couldn't have cared less. There was another guy on the same flight wearing a wire-mesh hunting mask (looked like it was for bow hunting protection) with 1/4" gaps in the mesh covering his mouth lol. It's probably better than nothing, but nobody should be surprised we aren't doing as good of a job as we could be.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-31-2020 at 09:56 AM.

My Ride
    ute

My Ride
    Axis powers

Our fearless leaders and CMOH quietly signed a document over the weekend removing the requirement of distancing and wearing masks in schools while seated in classrooms

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/alberta-q...ooms-1.5085872

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/5f9c...oh-33-2020.pdf
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Our fearless leaders and CMOH quietly signed a document over the weekend removing the requirement of distancing and wearing masks in schools while seated in classrooms

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/alberta-q...ooms-1.5085872

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/5f9c...oh-33-2020.pdf
    Doesn't CBE now require mask at desk now? If so, this is more of a problem for schools that doesn't mandate masks at desk.

End of the day, a mandatory mask order from the province for school opening probably a more consistent message and saying social distancing isn't required in classrooms.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Doesn't CBE now require mask at desk now? If so, this is more of a problem for schools that doesn't mandate masks at desk.

End of the day, a mandatory mask order from the province for school opening probably a more consistent message and saying social distancing isn't required in classrooms.
    I don't even know anymore, the rules change daily
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Easy there. Someone might accuse you of having TDS.

Page 409 of 985 FirstFirst ... 399 408 409 410 419 ... LastLast