Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 801 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 801 of 985 FirstFirst ... 791 800 801 802 811 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,020 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is even more troubling then. Thanks for the confirmation

Your personal experience in rural Alberta has absolutely zero to do with with vaccine availability per county in the US.
    Republicans are just such a hard working folk, they don't want to take time off to save some lives, even though they are also the folk who value life more than anyone. Democrats are lazy jobless scum who have all the time in the world to get vaccinated, even though they hate life and liberty.

Also, stop feeding the trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I should have got an eBike.
    Ctrain going to be the spreader of illnesses as it always was.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    I got my second does yesterday morning. Did anyone else get hard side effects...?
    My god... this has wiped me out. Severe muscles aches, tiredness, my whole body felt like it was on fire, plus the heat and cold chills. At one point in the night I got hallucinations. This morning felt like a freight train hit my head. I got the same heat/cold chills. Im wrapped up on the sofa with a blanket...
    At one point I could not even get up to make a cup of tea..

My nephew got the same symptoms a few days ago.. it did not help he went out drinking the night before..
    My wife was pretty bad after the second dose of Maderna, that was back in January. She is JDM and many of her friend in Japan had side-effects as well, so might be more prevalent in some ethnicities. Don't know what you are but just mentioning it. No-one in my family, my parents or my sister, had any side effects at all from any dose, aside from my wife, but I am a big white Ruski, we don't get sick :P

After seeing the announcement in more detail, I gotta say the whole thing about not required to isolate after positive test is a bit perplexing. The close contacts not needing to isolate I can get behind but a confirmed positive allowed to walk around in the public seems odd.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think it's basically saying "git yer jabz ya deegenz."
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    After seeing the announcement in more detail, I gotta say the whole thing about not required to isolate after positive test is a bit perplexing. The close contacts not needing to isolate I can get behind but a confirmed positive allowed to walk around in the public seems odd.
    My guess on this is that a significant number of positive cases aren't isolating anyways, especially in the 20-40 age range. Giving them a license to run free will drive that up further and get some level of herd immunity for the unvaccinated, especially when data shows that hospitalizations and ICU aren't really moving at all with these cases. If a few unvaccinated gets fucked because of it, that's their own fault. So they're basically managing it like any other virus now.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    My guess on this is that a significant number of positive cases aren't isolating anyways, especially in the 20-40 age range. Giving them a license to run free will drive that up further and get some level of herd immunity for the unvaccinated, especially when data shows that hospitalizations and ICU aren't really moving at all with these cases. If a few unvaccinated gets fucked because of it, that's their own fault. So they're basically managing it like any other virus now.
    Yes this. Approved.

Would have been nice to have vaccine for under 12s, but we needed to get to this point. The rest of canada will probably call us rednecks, but if hospitalizations don't explode. Then fuck it.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    I should have got an eBike.
    Ctrain going to be the spreader of illnesses as it always was.
    You don't even have one, yet?! They're only like $15k for a decent one.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I think it's basically saying "git yer jabz ya deegenz."
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

Generally speaking I agree and support this line of thinking. However there is a pretty significant population that can’t get the jabs and not because they are anti vaxxers. And since I have two rugrats that are part of that population that’s why it got me thinking.

If my 1 and 3 year old could be jabbed I’d be 100% on board with this.

I’m just still not convinced that covid doesn’t affect kids. I know they won’t die or anything, but my son is showing some early signs of asthma and I’d really rather he doesn’t get covid cuz it might have long term effects on his lungs. Just speculating of course.

At the same I don’t expect the world to fully cater to 0-12 year olds but there’s gotta be a middle ground somewhere which is continue mandating that people who are confirmed sick aren’t out there roaming public places.
    Last edited by sabad66; 07-29-2021 at 09:37 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    ... The rest of canada will probably call us rednecks, but if hospitalizations don't explode. Then fuck it.
    They already are. BC and Ontario is being fed "numbers exploding in AB!¡! Street corpses errywhere!!!"

*Source - friends and fam from those two locations.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Canada is already a completely divided nation. May as well lean into that I guess.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    If my 1 and 3 year old could be jabbed I’d be 100% on board with this.

I’m just still not convinced that covid doesn’t affect kids. I know they won’t die or anything, but my son is showing some early signs of asthma and I’d really rather he doesn’t get covid cuz it might have long term effects on his lungs. Just speculating of course.

At the same I don’t expect the world to fully cater to 0-12 year olds but there’s gotta be a middle ground somewhere which is continue mandating that people who are confirmed sick aren’t out there roaming public places.
    Yea, I have 2 kids under 12 so I'm definitely conflicted too. That said, mostly nothing happens to kids under 12 who catch covid. If they're going to have problems with covid, they're going to have problems with a lot of other viruses. It's definitely a roll of the dice.

Vaccines are coming soon anyways, so it's a small window of risk. Latest has Pfizer saying they want to get emergency authorization in September.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    They already are. BC and Ontario is being fed "numbers exploding in AB!¡! Street corpses errywhere!!!"

Everywhere is getting new cases. Same shit, 20-40 unvaccinated. The problem isn't the location, or political affliction. It's the demographic.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Your personal experience in rural Alberta has absolutely zero to do with with vaccine availability per county in the US.
    It has everything to do with how it can be harder for rural areas, in general, to have access to the vaccine.

But also was not even close to the main point of the comment. Just an example.

So your shit data is still shit lol

My Ride
    *The First*

TIL: only rural people voted for Trump.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    My wife was pretty bad after the second dose of Maderna, that was back in January. She is JDM and many of her friend in Japan had side-effects as well, so might be more prevalent in some ethnicities. Don't know what you are but just mentioning it. No-one in my family, my parents or my sister, had any side effects at all from any dose, aside from my wife, but I am a big white Ruski, we don't get sick :P
    JDM..Lol. The current girl I am dating is oriental (is this term still used..?). I told her that, she thought it was hilarious. She was ok with her jab, her Asian friend had a bad reaction. Her mum was tired. Thats about it.
    Im not entirely convinced ethnicity is a factor. It might be one sub variable of many though. My niece and other family members were fine. My sister in the UK has the same side effects as me. More genetic to some than others would be my guess.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I'm not necessarily against us moving past testing everyone and lots of isolation/contact tracing but once again I'm disappointed with the timing of this all. Seems UCP just keeps rushing things rather than giving a tad more time between steps. July 1st should've been lift all restrictions but keep indoor masks for a few extra weeks to let the last of the people get their 2nd vaccines. Dropping all testing/isolation in August is rather dumb with school starting soon after. Why not give it at least a few weeks into school to see what happens before making that call.

Just feels like it's all being rushed to declare covid over instead of pausing to see how all the changes pan out.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I'm not necessarily against us moving past testing everyone and lots of isolation/contact tracing but once again I'm disappointed with the timing of this all. Seems UCP just keeps rushing things rather than giving a tad more time between steps. July 1st should've been lift all restrictions but keep indoor masks for a few extra weeks to let the last of the people get their 2nd vaccines. Dropping all testing/isolation in August is rather dumb with school starting soon after. Why not give it at least a few weeks into school to see what happens before making that call.

Just feels like it's all being rushed to declare covid over instead of pausing to see how all the changes pan out.
    But so far all the changes have panned out great.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

There is no next step.

This is the new normal.

Pussy footing is just delaying the inevitable at this point.

Get your vaccines. And move on. Preferable as quickly as possible.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    K-car

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post

Yep...Kelowna (central Okanagan) is back to indoor mask madates as of midnight last night, "cases" are on the rise. Social media exploding with blame for Albertans visiting. Cue the lugnut loosening on the red plates lol.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    JDM..Lol. The current girl I am dating is oriental (is this term still used..?). I told her that, she thought it was hilarious. She was ok with her jab, her Asian friend had a bad reaction. Her mum was tired. Thats about it.
    Im not entirely convinced ethnicity is a factor. It might be one sub variable of many though. My niece and other family members were fine. My sister in the UK has the same side effects as me. More genetic to some than others would be my guess.
    No, using the word Oriental is considered racist. Its right up there with saying someone that is black is a Negro.

https://redtri.com/racism-words-and-phrases/slide/1
    Last edited by nzwasp; 07-29-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Page 801 of 985 FirstFirst ... 791 800 801 802 811 ... LastLast