Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 718 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 718 of 752 FirstFirst ... 708 717 718 719 728 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,360 of 15027

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

  1. #14341
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,524
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    All the merit and effectiveness of a Gun Control thread.

  2. #14342
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I thought you could be fined under law for failing to do what any “practicable” (yes that word) person would do to help a dying person.

    You FOR SURE are fined, jailed or what not if failing to take action of a practicable person to protect livelihood of others in a place of business (OH&S).

    My leadership training taught me that stuff.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #14343
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    My leadership training taught me that stuff.
    No it didn't and no you do not. If you are in a safety position, you have an obligation. Jesus Christ, you claim to have taken the course but don't even know. I just reupped my safety training this week, and they specifically went over the obligations.

    But not what I came here to post, just a fun article for Buster (I think Buster anyways):

    https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ou-might-think

    TL;DR Long covid is essentially make believe bullshit fueled by Karens on social media. Because duh, of course.

  4. #14344
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No it didn't and no you do not. If you are in a safety position, you have an obligation. Jesus Christ, you claim to have taken the course but don't even know. I just reupped my safety training this week, and they specifically went over the obligations.

    But not what I came here to post, just a fun article for Buster (I think Buster anyways):

    https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ou-might-think

    TL;DR Long covid is essentially make believe bullshit fueled by Karens on social media. Because duh, of course.
    Lol.

    Here:

    “Reasonably practicable” is a recognized term that is assessed using the reasonable person test, that is, what would a dozen of your peers consider reasonable in similar circumstances? Your peers would likely review what you did and compare it to what they do in their own operations. Some might do more, others less.
    The result would be a balanced judgement that could be defended to others. In short – if the legislation tells you what to do, you do it. If a process, procedure, document or protection is generally good-to-have or an industry accepted best practice, you should apply what is reasonably practicable for your work site

    https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/d8e1...in-li015-1.pdf

    If we compared actions to a dozen of your peers, do they jive?

    So of course we’re talking workplace. I’m pretty sure something like that would fall in line if you walked over a bleed person on the sidewalk haha.

    Anyway I digress. Carry on
    Last edited by Darkane; 04-12-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #14345
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    India seems to be getting badly hit by the variants right now. We have a department at our work that does engineering documentation for us and we requested a document last week and the supervisor said half his team had covid so expect delays.

  6. #14346
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol. like that would fall in line if you walked over a bleed person on the sidewalk haha.

    Anyway I digress. Carry on
    You talked about a workplace. The standard is higher in the requirement to help, but still you do not need to supply care. There may be gross negligence if you say, didn't call the ambulance as a leader you do have an obligation to the well being of your subordinates. But unless you are in a safety position (which management may be included in), you're obligation doesn't extend further.

    This is like the engineer stamp argument. Oh noes, my PENG is on the line because I could be held liable! Except it essentially has never occured, ever, anywhere in Canada. I don't even think that collapsed shopping mall in Quebec that was clear and demonstrated gross negligence came back on the engineer.

    I do find it humorous though that people are equating what I am saying with what I'd do. I've called for help and assisted people many times in my life. The fact is, in Canada (except Quebec) you have no legal obligation to do so.

    Turning back to covid, I think people are also a bit confused on my responsibility statement. There is no proof I have covid. Our legal system and democracy is based on innocent until proven guilty. This pandemic has seemingly had people turn that to guilty until innocent. Otherwise, the same standards for covid should apply to any communicable disease. Have aids? Sorry, can't come in this establishment. That would go over REAL well.

    Asymptomatic spread is likely GROSSLY overexaggerated. The simple answer is that mildly sick people go about their lives with covid and spread it, just like the flu. And covid is more deadly overall than the flu, especially in the elderly, so the yoing spread it with mild conditions and the older die from it. I'm not suggesting IF I had covid and IF I did not take precautions and got people sick, I shouldn't be liable. Quite the opposite in fact.

    I'm making the argument that if I am healthy, I should not have to do these things unless proven otherwise, because that is the basis of our society's foundations.

    It was just really fun to wind up so many people in this thread, because as I said elsewhere, Beyond is a bunch of Karens. I still do not have a moral or legal obligation to you though beyond gross negligence, and even then, Canadian law has shown that gross negligence rarely if ever amounts to any meaningful punishment so we as a society clearly do not care... Except weirdly in this one specific case. Just makes a person wonder.

  7. #14347
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,560
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    India seems to be getting badly hit by the variants right now. We have a department at our work that does engineering documentation for us and we requested a document last week and the supervisor said half his team had covid so expect delays.
    India? Ontario is potentially getting wrecked with B.1.617. San Francisco already have it. I'm sure if we put that on a check list, Ontario is probably getting wrecked with it too.

  8. #14348
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    India? Ontario is potentially getting wrecked with B.1.617. San Francisco already have it. I'm sure if we put that on a check list, Ontario is probably getting wrecked with it too.
    But we arent seeing B.1.617 in Alberta? is that just because they arent testing for it?

  9. #14349
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,560
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But we arent seeing B.1.617 in Alberta? is that just because they arent testing for it?
    It's pretty new, not even a month old. Much like the Japanese EEK.

    Also, on a con call right now, sounds like various school boards fucked up and didn't sent anyone close contact alert until they went back to work today. So we may have infected families not knowing for that week long spring break delay.

  10. #14350
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Our kids school sends us contact alerts and variant cases every day that's CBE though. They don't seem to send anything on weekends. But why should unionized govt employees work weekends for public health right?

  11. #14351
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,560
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our kids school sends us contact alerts and variant cases every day that's CBE though. They don't seem to send anything on weekends. But why should unionized govt employees work weekends for public health right?
    So it may not be school board but specific schools then. Just seems odd both co-workers got alerted today but last possible contact was like a week or so ago. And now they have to get their kids to COVID tests.

  12. #14352
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So it may not be school board but specific schools then. Just seems odd both co-workers got alerted today but last possible contact was like a week or so ago. And now they have to get their kids to COVID tests.
    For our school for CBE we didnt get any notification over spring break. We got about 3 or 4 first day back though. I heard another school had a whole class quarantine over spring break and then one of the kids did a test found variant and had to quarantine the whole class again for another 14 days.

  13. #14353
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,062
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    It's a different process for specific schools for sure. we get notifications from one kids school on weekends regularly. CBE leaves nearly everything up to the principals discretion. It's wild.
    Let's all work on positivity this week.

  14. #14354
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,169
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    India seems to be getting badly hit by the variants right now. We have a department at our work that does engineering documentation for us and we requested a document last week and the supervisor said half his team had covid so expect delays.
    We’re seeing the same thing. The spread is ridiculously fast this time around. I have one family on my team that caught it, across all 3 generations in the family within a few days. Parents, in-laws, kids, everyone.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  15. #14355
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’re seeing the same thing. The spread is ridiculously fast this time around. I have one family on my team that caught it, across all 3 generations in the family within a few days. Parents, in-laws, kids, everyone.
    this is in india?

  16. #14356
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this is in india?
    yes

  17. #14357
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    I remember @rage2 saying that months ago, everyone in India went into DGAF mode. So this is not surprising.

  18. #14358
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,062
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    India lives its life a quarter mile at a time.
    Let's all work on positivity this week.

  19. #14359
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,169
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Yea in India. The DGAF mode seemed to be ok, was really surprising to me, until this new variant.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  20. #14360
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2010 S4
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The irony here is that you're quite ok with forcing thousands of people to lose their ability to earn an income. Hypocrite only begins to describe your asinine ideas on this. You've now claimed to be both responsible and empathetic, but proven you are the opposite of those two things.

    You might be able to paint an argument that Zechs is selfish or irrepsonsible, but you are no better for being exactly the same, just on the other side of the coin.
    Hardly I’ve actually been a large proponent of keeping what we can open while advocating for supports for those who have not been able to work. One of the big things driving us back towards lockdowns is selfish people who don’t think covid is real or the rules don’t apply to them. I feel very deeply for people who haven’t worked and the fact that they are stuck in this yo-yo. Until we get vaccinated and can move on unfortunately we are stuck. So wash your hands, wear a mask and stop acting like this all a joke.
    Last edited by dubhead; 04-12-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Page 718 of 752 FirstFirst ... 708 717 718 719 728 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Novel

    By krazykhoja in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
  2. Good novel suggestions

    By codo in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Latest Threads: 11-15-2005, 09:36 PM
  4. hotwiring--research for a novel

    By writer in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •