Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 957 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 957 of 985 FirstFirst ... 947 956 957 958 967 ... LastLast
Results 19,121 to 19,140 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I thought it was "air wench"
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone apparently forgot to look at the Other Charts in the NEJM Study.

Chart C shows that the Unvaxx'd has positive protection against the variants from re-infection, up to 8 months at over 50%, while for the earlier variants, it remains positive after 16 months.

Contrast that with those who had the Vaxx, the Effectiveness becomes Negative after only 5 months showing a steep decline.

Not that hard to understand.
    I think you're missing the point of Charts A and C. It's the trend of the slope of the variables on the 2 graphs is the result, not the endpoints. Chart C shows a downward trend getting more dramatic with each variant. While Chart A shows a levelling off trend between the 4 version of the vaccine.

I wasn't going to explain but I will.

Chart C compares the effectiveness of previous a covid infection against later covid infections. As you can see in C that the effectiveness of previous infections against subsequent variants gets progressively worse from variant to varinat. It would appear (in general) that if you were in infected with an earlier variant you would have the best chance of having protection against future variants. This possibly indicates just how different the variants are and also suggests that previous infection DOES NOT guarantee the same protection against future variants and that previous infection DOES NOT EQUAL immunity. Extrapolating Chart A would see all 3 variant lines cross ~30% at ~July 2022 assuming the same downward trend continues.

Conversely chart A shows vaccine effectiveness alone levelling off suggesting that has effectiveness against future variants and further suggesting booster shots.

For example:
    If you received a vax in Dec 2021 and a booster shot in April of 2022 you would have ~30% protection against future variants by July 2022. This suggests boosters every ~1.5 months (extrapolated data, no infection).
    However if you contacted Covid in Feb 2022 you would have the same ~30% protection against future variants by July 2022. This suggests getting infected with Covid every ~5 months (extrapolated data, no vaccination).

Also consider the risk factor in children of getting sick and dying is practically negligible, non-existent. But add the fact of the Risks associated with getting the vaxx is something that can't be ignored.
    ...15 of the 273,157 vaccinated children were hospitalized and none died. Compared to 887,193 unvaccinated children of which 309 hospitalized and 7 died.

I agree, your study indicates a 0.005% hospitalization rate with vax vs 0.035% hospitalization rate without vax. Vax is 7 times safer than contracting covid without even including the 7 deaths due to covid.
    I'm glad were getting somewhere.

The real question is why is a geologist spending time explaining a medical paper?
    I have a week off and today is my last day.

Well, you're taking really, really, really small rates and trying to extrapolate efficacy from them, and I'll tell you that that's not good statistical analysis at all.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The quote from WestJet CEO is worth noting. Masking requirements on airplane are "unenforceable". That matches my experience flying this summer. Masks were essentially optional except when speaking directly to the cabin crew.
    The article isn’t wrong when they say that people will slowly sip a drink or eat a bag of candy once piece at a time. Many people realizing that a $2 bag of peanuts can last you an hour long flight if you grind each one to a paste before swallowing
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

A Woman Died right after getting a Booster at a Shoppers in Saskatoon last week. She Had no Medical issues at all. These "sudden" "unexplainable" deaths sure seem odd.
    This never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Well, you're taking really, really, really small rates and trying to extrapolate efficacy from them, and I'll tell you that that's not good statistical analysis at all.
    Oh I know. It's just to keep it light. Humor is my way of dealing with many things.

The quote from WestJet CEO is worth noting. Masking requirements on airplane are "unenforceable". That matches my experience flying this summer. Masks were essentially optional except when speaking directly to the cabin crew.
    I wonder when they laxed up? Last time I flew was in February(specifically on Westjet), and they were anal about the masks. Multiple announcements about needing to wear it even between sips of your drink.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I wonder when they laxed up? Last time I flew was in February(specifically on Westjet), and they were anal about the masks. Multiple announcements about needing to wear it even between sips of your drink.
    Air Canada was really anal about the masks too, even in business class where they’re usually pretty lax about things. Can’t wait till it’s done. Should be gone by my next flights.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Rumours out there that masks will go bye bye after thanks givings, which I would love as I have a flight to Hawaii I would love to be mask free on
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

US flights are already mask free as soon as you’re in the air are they not?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

US flights are already mask free as soon as you’re in the air are they not?
    Not if you fly with a Canuck airline

Canadian rules gate to gate
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There's a lot of confusion and interpretation and yolo happening. It's an unenforceable mess.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Sounds like vax requirements are going away on sept 30 , along with testing etc …. Honk honk got it done

ArriveCAN optional too.
    https://youtu.be/sKE3tnip4OE

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I swear we had a covid travel thread in the subforum somewhere.

Denmark Bans Covid Vaxx to those under 50

- in July 2022, Denmark banned children and adolescents under 18 from getting the 1st shot (Duh)

- then Sept 2022, under 18s were banned from getting the 2nd shot

- And now they're not offering anyone under 50 the shot, unless they are at a high risk of becoming severely ill from Covid19

--> https://www.sst.dk/en/English/Corona...ainst-COVID-19

Wow, if only they did this from the start, and focused only on those at high risk even before the vaccine roll-out, but they of course censored all mention of safe effective early treatments (HCQ, Ivermectin), censoed doctors and scientists who went "against the narrative", and never talked about boosting the immune system with Vitamin C, Zinc or Getting Outside, and Exercising.

We wouldn't have been in this mess of people losing jobs, their businesses, their livelihood, experienced a mess of mental health disorders, suicides, and missed screenings of cancer and all other diseases. Of course, now we face supply chain woes, inflation, a generation of children with social anxiety disorders, but it's all ok, Government says it's all about our Health..

Name:  open your eyes.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  66.4 KB

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    ArriveCAN optional too.
    https://youtu.be/sKE3tnip4OE
    Just as I downloaded the app and uploaded all my personal information for travel in November. Now the government has my passport and immunization info for nothing...

My Ride
    V8s

Air Canada was really anal about the masks too, even in business class where they’re usually pretty lax about things. Can’t wait till it’s done. Should be gone by my next flights.
    My last AC flight (end of Aug) I didn’t wear my mask at all. Flight crew didn’t bother me once about it, was lovely.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Just as I downloaded the app and uploaded all my personal information for travel in November. Now the government has my passport and immunization info for nothing...
    Am i missing the sarcasm or did you think they didn't already have it haha..

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    My last AC flight (end of Aug) I didn’t wear my mask at all. Flight crew didn’t bother me once about it, was lovely.
    Seems to be totally dependent on the crew. My last flight was on Sep 6 to Vancouver and they were militant about them. An older guy a couple rows ahead of me started arguing with them about wearing his mask and they kicked him off the plane. I kinda felt bad for him; he was an idiot for arguing with them but he did put one one. Kicking him off was harsh.

Page 957 of 985 FirstFirst ... 947 956 957 958 967 ... LastLast