Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 529 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 529 of 985 FirstFirst ... 519 528 529 530 539 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,580 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crossiron has very good mask compliance even before the mandate comes in on Nov 1st. Probably 95+% if you don't count people who are drinking or eating at random part of the mall.

End of the day, it's the weddings and poker games that got us here. I think public facilities beyond restaurants are pretty safe.
    You can institute a lockdown again but it won’t have the same affect. People are generally tired of this shit and will continue on like nothing is happening. Calgary has had a public mask mandate since August and cases haven’t stopped rising. It’s what people do in private that’s increasing the counts and all the restrictions in the world won’t change a damn thing. If anything people will just get more pissed off and not care.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    My bad, multitasking, provincial mask mandate, how would that improve things, will edit

I’ve only seen 3 people not follow mask regulations since august, not sure where everyone is seeing these masses of flagrant mask-less bandits

1 or 2 in a store of 100+ sounds like pretty good compliance unless I’m missing something

What it comes down to, is you can spread Covid without showing symptoms, people who attend events that have a positive covid case are passing it to unsuspecting people who are then passing it to others

The mask mandate isn't about compliance, it's to stop/reduce the spread from people who don't know they have covid by making sure anyone who could potentially have it is taking precautions not to spread it

Everytime I go out, there's always at least 1 person not wearing a mask, could that person have covid and not know it? there's a possibility of yes
    Last edited by adam c; 11-23-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

1 or 2 in a store of 100+ sounds like pretty good compliance unless I’m missing something
    I don't go to those stores at peak hours, lol. Superstore yeah, it's pretty good, but Home Depot, it's always a dozen or more.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Kenneys conference tomorrow is about the state of Alberta's finances. Although its interesting today's conference is at 2pm and not 3.30 as per usual.
    Apparently there is a cabinet meeting at 3 that is supposed to go for a few hours. I'd presume that Hindshaw will take part in it to give guidance/updates so is unavailable at 330.

As for masks I've seen a decent number of people not wearing masks, probably close to ten over the past couple months but I see a ton of people not wearing them over their noses. At least a few every superstore trip.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    What it comes down to, is you can spread Covid without showing symptoms, people who attend events that have a positive covid case are passing it to unsuspecting people who are then passing it to others

The mask mandate isn't about compliance, it's to stop/reduce the spread from people who don't know they have covid by making sure anyone who could potentially have it is taking precautions not to spread it

Everytime I go out, there's always at least 1 person not wearing a mask, could that person have covid and not know it? there's a possibility of yes
    I understand where you are coming from from asymptotic people shedding virus (or people who are symptomatic going out in public), but what I’m not understanding is what you think expanding the mask mandate from hot spot, municipal regions to more rural environments that don’t seem to be having near the scale of issues will do. Has anyone seen exponential growth risk in more rural, non-mask mandated locations in Alberta?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Apparently there is a cabinet meeting at 3 that is supposed to go for a few hours. I'd presume that Hindshaw will take part in it to give guidance/updates so is unavailable at 330.

As for masks I've seen a decent number of people not wearing masks, probably close to ten over the past couple months but I see a ton of people not wearing them over their noses. At least a few every superstore trip.
    How many people would you say you have come in contact with who were wearing masks? Bet you that denominator still points to pretty excellent compliance.

Mask compliance debates are probably the biggest red herring of 2020. Amazing people still bring this shit up.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I understand where you are coming from from asymptotic people shedding virus (or people who are symptomatic going out in public), but what I’m not understanding is what you think expanding the mask mandate from hot spot, municipal regions to more rural environments that don’t seem to be having near the scale of issues will do. Has anyone seen exponential growth risk in more rural, non-mask mandated locations in Alberta?

It makes it one rule that everyone can follow no matter where they are, it also stops those specific people who will go out of their way to travel to a non mask location

I think it was cold lake who decided not to mandate masks because they were worried their population would go to the next town over and do all their shopping since that other town didn’t have a mandate

That means they’re more worried about their financial base line than actually trying to keep people safe
    Sig nuked by mod.

The people that are spreading this virus (check your ig/fb around Halloween) are the same ones that don’t give a shit if there’s lockdowns or not. Those people still had parties in my building during the last lockdown, they still did last weekend, and will still do so even if we have another lockdown.

Ok, so you set a 0 limit for social gatherings. How do you enforce that? Police knocking on doors (I thought we were defunding)? Drones taking surveillance videos? Neighbors ratting each other out? I’m actually curious.

I work and live downtown, and the mask compliance rate in the establishments/buildings I frequent is 99.9%. I’ve literally seen two people in the +15s not wearing a mask and security gave them one. The restaurants I frequent (I usually take out) and my gym are all abiding by all rules and disinfecting/cleaning/HVAC/spacing to an extreme extent. I don’t think any of these is a factor whatsoever, at least locally for myself.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

2pm? That's them trying to be on time for 3:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    It makes it one rule that everyone can follow no matter where they are, it also stops those specific people who will go out of their way to travel to a non mask location

I think it was cold lake who decided not to mandate masks because they were worried their population would go to the next town over and do all their shopping since that other town didn’t have a mandate

That means they’re more worried about their financial base line than actually trying to keep people safe
    Again, unless there is an explosive growth rate in these locations, not seeing why they need the same restrictions as a city. If we are talking evidence based policy, I think there has to be evidence presented to show a need for the same restrictions applied to all locations.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    ute

Again, unless there is an explosive growth rate in these locations, not seeing why they need the same restrictions as a city. If we are talking evidence based policy, I think there has to be evidence presented to show a need for the same restrictions applied to all locations.
    This is a tough one, because we might not have the evidence/data to satisfy everyone as to the need. We have been working off of imperfect information since March.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Calgary has had a public mask mandate since August and cases haven’t stopped rising.
    Well we are staring a lock down in Dec, instead of Oct. This is based on 3:1 finding in Richmond vs Van in Mar-May. So it probably bought us 2 months.

My Ride
    Axis powers

If you're not going to consider a different perspective, then ok - however think of it this way, how hard is it to wear a mask in a world wide pandemic that has killed millions? putting on shoes and socks is a lot harder for people than putting on a mask, if wearing a mask prevents a death 6 degrees away from you, isn't that worth it? sure you may not know that person however think of the butter fly effect
    Last edited by adam c; 11-23-2020 at 03:17 PM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride

Looks like we are maxed out at 19k tests. We're doomed. Brb after I hoard some keychains.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Deena is seeming very, very sick of providing recommendations and being ignored..

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So Hinshaw is addressing the cabinet task force this afternoon to recommend strong measures that we will find out about tomorrow. 1549 new cases today and 5 new deaths. Also the province cant keep up with contact tracing so they are abandoning the older than 10 day cases and focussing on new cases.

Positivity rate about 8%

My Ride

She looks defeated. Someone send her a keychain.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    88 for luck?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I would when your job is to save people.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    So Hinshaw is addressing the cabinet task force this afternoon to recommend strong measures that we will find out about tomorrow. 1549 new cases today and 5 new deaths. Also the province cant keep up with contact tracing so they are abandoning the older than 10 day cases and focussing on new cases.

Positivity rate about 8%
    Is that the first step in a collapsing health care system?
    Sig nuked by mod.

Page 529 of 985 FirstFirst ... 519 528 529 530 539 ... LastLast