Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 271 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 271 of 985 FirstFirst ... 261 270 271 272 281 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brown Cuddy on Alberta conference
    I was reading that as "Cuuuhhh dee" and wondering wtf kind of racist term that was lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Livestock can get it?
    ftfy
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    To be fair, social distancing was and still is brutal in NYC. What you're seeing is that the virus have run out of vulnerable to kill.
    Same will happen in Canada, people who haven’t gotten the virus and are vulnerable will eventually die. They are on borrowed time now. Hell could be me for all know, I ain’t afraid of death. Whatever will be will be, the future’s not ours to see.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wow guy, hold on my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    4x4

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ng-coronavirus

Sorry who was saying the smokers would be the first to fall?

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

I am going to rant here because I am not allowed to do it on social media with with my real name.

If you are in a pharmacy(or other retail store) and a staff member asks you to please back up or stand in front of the plexi-glass, do it. I understand everyone has different views on the virus and social distancing. However just because you think it is all an over-reaction and unnecessary doesn't mean others feel that way. Maybe the staff member is immune comprised or lives with someone who is at risk for complications if they get it.

And for fuck's sake if you tell the staff they are are rude for asking for space, and when she explains she has a cancer patient at home do not reply with"well it's not you with cancer, bitch". That will get you kicked out of the store. I promise you the majority of us working in retail right now are not going to put with your bullshit right now.

Seriously, I know everyone is a little on edge right now. A little kindness and understanding goes a long way.

(And for all those people who think we have all the sanitizer and rubbing alcohol hidden in the back for ourselves: We do not. If I have it in the back it is to stop people from hoarding it all and i will give it to the customers who are nice to me.)
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

spikerS, just back up next time.

Or baygirl will feed you to the tigers.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ng-coronavirus

Sorry who was saying the smokers would be the first to fall?
    This would certainly explain Chinas low numbers Haha

My Ride
    Silverado

The only thing that explains Chinas low numbers is that they're lying

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Ok, I read that article and am thinking wtf... so we should all start smoking? Or at least start wearing nicotine patches, what time does Costco open?

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    Ok, I read that article and am thinking wtf... so we should all start smoking? Or at least start wearing nicotine patches, what time does Costco open?
    Wait for results of study... Just like that hydrowhatever everyone was clamoring for - that was shown not to be effective...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    The only thing that explains Chinas low numbers is that they're lying
    There is a solid factual historical precedent that native North Americans were totally unable to cope with disease when Columbus came, by at least 100x. For every one European that would get sick of smallpox, 100 natives would as well. This would assume mutation that caused them from 10,000 years prior (being Russian land migrants over Alaska) changed.

The idea was that Europeans had a much higher density and therefore were more exposed to more bacteria year on year, and after 10,000 years - they naturally got resistant to the toughest of them.

The secondary idea is that there was something in the Americas diet that contributed. Corn might have ended up being the downfall of the natives. Corn may yet prove again to be the downfall of the current populace of America. Corn is often blamed at being the downfall of the Incan/Aztec empire (when you have a food that is that high in caloric intake, you tend to not eat other foods that provide other essential minerals and vitamins)

Noone ever did a multigenerational study (greater than one century) to determine the long term health effects of a heavy corn diet. Its a plausible idea that corn is not a superfood like a banana is. Its not unreasonable to think that corn does to the immune system, what tobacco does to the lungs - eventually.

Corn more deadly than tobacco? Theres a conspiracy.

You can make a really great Agar (for petri dish) from corn meal. Literally breeds all sorts of things.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-23-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    There is a solid factual historical precedent that native North Americans were totally unable to cope with disease when Columbus came, by at least 100x. For every one European that would get sick of smallpox, 100 natives would as well. This would assume mutation that caused them from 10,000 years prior (being Russian land migrants over Alaska) changed.

The idea was that Europeans had a much higher density and therefore were more exposed to more bacteria year on year, and after 10,000 years - they naturally got resistant to the toughest of them.

The secondary idea is that there was something in the Americas diet that contributed. Corn might have ended up being the downfall of the natives. Corn may yet prove again to be the downfall of the current populace of America. Corn is often blamed at being the downfall of the Incan/Aztec empire (when you have a food that is that high in caloric intake, you tend to not eat other foods that provide other essential minerals and vitamins)

Noone ever did a multigenerational study (greater than one century) to determine the long term health effects of a heavy corn diet. Its a plausible idea that corn is not a superfood like a banana is. Its not unreasonable to think that corn does to the immune system, what tobacco does to the lungs - eventually.

Corn more deadly than tobacco? Theres a conspiracy.
    I disagree.
    The Guns, Germs & Steel argument presented by Dr. Jared Diamond explains this virtually flawlessly. The European descendants had primarily stopped "hunter/gatherer" in favour of specialized labour including farming and raising livestock animals for hundreds of years before coming to North America. If you live in very close proximity to lots of animals - you increase your exposure to disease. So, Evil Evil Whitey had already experienced exposure to so many of these diseases; then suffered, and forged ahead.
    North American Indians' first exposure to these diseases wiped many of them out at once.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Natural selection is a cruel beast.

My Ride
    Exploded.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

We go to bed at 10, wake at 5. Everyday :-)

My Ride
    Nissan x2

So many planes, brings a tear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIbXai0l174

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Shitty Sask starting to reopen. Maybe closing the border with Covberta is a good idea to limit anymore spread.

https://leaderpost.com/news/saskatch...-have-to-wait/

For the time being, May 4 is the first date on the list. On that day, medical services like dentistry, optometry, physical therapy, optician services, podiatry, occupational therapy and chiropractic treatment would be allowed to reopen. Fishing and boat launches would also be allowed to reopen on May 4. Golf courses would follow on May 15, then parks and campgrounds on June 1.

The province is slated to move into phase two on May 19, when a wide range of retail stores and personal services could open their doors. That includes hairdressers, barbers, registered massage therapists and acupuncturists. etc etc...

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Shitty Sask starting to reopen. Maybe closing the border with Covberta is a good idea to limit anymore spread.

https://leaderpost.com/news/saskatch...-have-to-wait/
    Alberta is going to announce their plan next week... and I'm sure it will be similar.

Page 271 of 985 FirstFirst ... 261 270 271 272 281 ... LastLast