Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 355 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 355 of 985 FirstFirst ... 345 354 355 356 365 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there gonna be the baller option of mobile Covid testing where they come to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Florida 10,000 new cases a day. I wonder how much higher it has to be to be considered a significant unstoppable outbreak?
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Florida 10,000 new cases a day. I wonder how much higher it has to be to be considered a significant unstoppable outbreak?
    Cases don't matter at this point, this thing is spreading like wildfire in the US.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Well they're starting to shut things down again after repeatedly saying things would stay open ... So that's pretty telling. The next two weeks are going to be interesting. July 4th spread might be scary

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Maybe they will have a virtual July 4th like we did?

Also how many cases do you think they will have when the election happens? 20 million?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

The Florida cases are high but the deaths per day don’t seem that bad, fairly constant since the end of March. No where near the proportions of Italy.

With that being said, if the deaths aren’t rising despite the daily cases rising from 1000/day to 10,000/day, should we be concerned?

From what I can find Florida ICU has been as high as 75-80% full but not over capacity. When coronavirus first started to spread, the biggest concern and reason for lockdown was to ensure we don’t overwhelm the health care system, from what I recall. There was a massive panic for ventilators and i’ve heard no concerns with this since.

It seems like the amount of reopening should be based on health care capacity as opposed to number of new cases. Perhaps, this is a premature thought but until Florida’s healthcare system is overwhelmed, i don’t think the number of new cases is that relevant anymore.
    Last edited by 90_Shelby; 07-04-2020 at 10:34 AM.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    The Florida cases are high but the deaths per day don’t seem that bad, fairly constant since the end of March. No where near the proportions of Italy.

With that being said, if the deaths aren’t rising despite the daily cases rising from 1000/day to 10,000/day, should we be concerned?

From what I can find Florida ICU has been as high as 75-80% full but not over capacity. When coronavirus first started to spread, the biggest concern and reason for lockdown was to ensure we don’t overwhelm the health care system, from what I recall. There was a massive panic for ventilators and i’ve heard no concerns with this since.

It seems like the amount of reopening should be based on health care capacity as opposed to number of new cases. Perhaps, this is a premature thought but until Florida’s healthcare system is overwhelmed, i don’t think the number of new cases is that relevant anymore.
    ICU at 75% is pretty overwhelmed IMO. It's important to understand that if they do need to shut down, cases don't stop rising. It was two weeks after New York shut down that they hit their peak in cases (and let's be real, Florida will not fully shut down again).

Another factor of the majority of cases are in young people not caring about restrictions and going out to gatherings and spreading it within friend groups. We even see that in Alberta too, the majority of new cases are all younger people

As for the deaths, doctors have had a few months to study covid and see what works and what doesn't. One article claimed you are 3-4x less likely to die today than in March because of best practices they've learnt since then. What drugs help and what doesn't, how intubating early actually makes things worse when originally they thought it helped, how to handle patients to limit exposure to health care workers, etc.

Not saying covid will magically disappear but the shutdown gave our health system the time it needed to prepare, both with supplies but also with knowledge.

Overall though I think it's good info for Alberta. We have plenty of capacity so even if our cases begin to spike up, we have a lot of breathing room. But hopefully people will understand that still washing their hands, be social distancing, and using masks indoors will help keep the numbers low and not end up having things spike up. We still have phase 3 to come, which we want to happen so we can have more shows, events, stampede next year's, etc. So hopefully people don't fuck it up
    Last edited by pheoxs; 07-04-2020 at 11:05 AM.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/near...has-to-go.html

By Monday, half of the working age citizens of the USA will not be working. Yeah, exactly how long is this going to go on again?
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Instead of basing your entire opinion of something on a WAPO article, why not just read the drops for yourself? If this Q thing is just some conspiracy, then it is a conspiracy from within the whitehouse at the highest level next to the President, that has access to classified material. I'll give you that much, that just because Q is correct about everything to date, doesn't mean it is some sort of savior. We don't actually know what the true intention of Q is.
    Wapo article? What are you talking about? It’s from 4chan. If you know what 4chan is and how it works, and have spent any time at all there during the past 10 years, you’re in on the q anon joke and can’t believe that it’s actually being taken seriously.

It’s not a conspiracy. It’s pure fiction. Q has not been correct about ANYTHING that isn’t public info. Some things were hilariously vague and retconned. And the vast majority has been straight up wrong or failed to materialize. You must not be following the story. They’re still holding out for this “calm before the storm” that means nothing and isnt happening. There is no Q.

Long term effects should be starting to show up now for the early cases. Not looking good, lungs especially - but other organs as well.

Stupendously long recovery times for some (3+ months) are not exaggerated stories from what I can tell.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So my wife tested negative however the automated message was vague and confusing as it said even though you have tested negative if you have symptoms you should continue to follow ahs guidelines. Is that because other people could catch whatever she has and lower their immune system making them more likely to catch covid - or present symptoms that are covid like or place a burden on testing where the outcome wont be covid. I wish they were clearer. Also the guidelines around family living in the same space as suspected covid are also really vague.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    So my wife tested negative however the automated message was vague and confusing as it said even though you have tested negative if you have symptoms you should continue to follow ahs guidelines. Is that because other people could catch whatever she has and lower their immune system making them more likely to catch covid - or present symptoms that are covid like or place a burden on testing where the outcome wont be covid. I wish they were clearer. Also the guidelines around family living in the same space as suspected covid are also really vague.
    The false positive/negative issue. They're asking anyone with symptoms to quarantine - covid or not. Safer that way, in case she was a false negative.

Lock her in the basement throw food down

Sequester to a space, try to restrict access, open windows / air purifier. Anyone who goes in there - scrub/clean/change clothes.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    The false positive/negative issue. They're asking anyone with symptoms to quarantine - covid or not. Safer that way, in case she was a false negative.

Sequester to a space, try to restrict access, open windows / air purifier. Anyone who goes in there - scrub/clean/change clothes.
    If thats the case why dont they say it like that then, has there been any false negative statistical rate from AHS?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You have to abide by the rules if you have any symptoms regardless of being tested.

If a person is thinking selfishly, they'll realize there is no personal benefit to getting tested.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post

Just got a Silence of the Lambs stuck in a well vibe there.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    4x4

If thats the case why dont they say it like that then, has there been any false negative statistical rate from AHS?
    I'm not aware of data, worldwide it's currently running around 20% the first chinese kits were over 30%

https://globalnews.ca/news/7045805/c...egative-study/

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

The theory is if she has a cold or the flu, they still want to prevent her from spreading it to others. Then more people have symptoms and have to get tested and so on.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

yeah thats what i was thinking. less burden on the testing facilities for people that are negative most likely.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    The theory is if she has a cold or the flu, they still want to prevent her from spreading it to others. Then more people have symptoms and have to get tested and so on.
    They’re advertising everyone should get tested regardless of symptoms or not. I doubt that’s why.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    Wapo article? What are you talking about? It’s from 4chan. If you know what 4chan is and how it works, and have spent any time at all there during the past 10 years, you’re in on the q anon joke and can’t believe that it’s actually being taken seriously.

It’s not a conspiracy. It’s pure fiction. Q has not been correct about ANYTHING that isn’t public info. Some things were hilariously vague and retconned. And the vast majority has been straight up wrong or failed to materialize. You must not be following the story. They’re still holding out for this “calm before the storm” that means nothing and isnt happening. There is no Q.
    Solid logic. It's from 8Chan, must be fake. Like I said, if you can't be bothered to read the drops, and don't even know where they came from, then your opinion is worthless on the matter. Yup, everything failed to materialize....................... except those NXIUM arrests, Obamagate trials, etc, etc, etc. But sure think whatever you want. The coincidences that would have to take place for Q to be a completely fake conspiracy theory would be almost mathematically impossible. But it would be hard to know without reading the drops and basing your info on random left wing news sources, since nothing they have written about Q is accurate at all.

Page 355 of 985 FirstFirst ... 345 354 355 356 365 ... LastLast