Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 343 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 343 of 985 FirstFirst ... 333 342 343 344 353 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless they try entering Canada again
    At which point they will have a fun time arguing with CBSA about why they lied to them last time they crossed the border.

CBSA eats those guys for breakfast.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    At which point they will have a fun time arguing with CBSA about why they lied to them last time they crossed the border.

CBSA eats those guys for breakfast.
    Based on the agents I've seen, CBSA eats everything they can get their hands on.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Of course I was referring to you, I quoted your post

You just seem to be getting extra triggered over this. Like, I get where you're coming from, but u mad bro.
    I asked because you made a statement "that's how he is perceiving it" which is not at all accurate. So who knows who you were referring to. You entirely missed my point, which is "can you guys stop being a bunch of assholes so we can deal with this shit and move on?".

And no shit I find this annoying. Everywhere you go are a bunch of "adults" acting like idiots over trivial things.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    More than a glimpse. Maybe a glimpse into a mental facility with no sinks or toilet paper.
    Yesterday in Arizona was the equivalent (per capita) of Alberta getting 4,000+ new cases in one single day. Everyone wrap your mind around what Alberta would do if we got 4,025 new cases in one day. That's 10x-12x more daily cases than Alberta had on our worst day near the end of April... When everything was locked down. Arizona FerrdomErLerrbertee people are walking around assumedly licking each others assholes debating mask use when they are experiencing 11x more new daily cases than Alberta ever did.
    Shit is fucked, yo.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...rus-in-the-u-s

Oh I know. We are holding on to 0.9/100k but US is averaging 10/100k. Arizona is infecting at 38/100k. 40x the speed of AB infections.

And the irony is? Arizona has the least tests per capita. They are only testing at 50% of national average.

So Arizona is exactly the result of what Trump is calling for, end of testings.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...rus-in-the-u-s

Oh I know. We are holding on to 0.9/100k but US is averaging 10/100k. Arizona is infecting at 38/100k. 40x the speed of AB infections.

And the irony is? Arizona has the least tests per capita. They are only testing at 50% of national average.

So Arizona is exactly the result of what Trump is calling for, end of testings.
    The even scarier part is many of those states are also sitting at a 10% positive testing rate (or some even higher) versus Alberta sitting around 0.6%. So not only are they posting 10x more cases than us, they are also missing a ton of cases due to people not getting tested.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    The even scarier part is many of those states are also sitting at a 10% positive testing rate (or some even higher) versus Alberta sitting around 0.6%. So not only are they posting 10x more cases than us, they are also missing a ton of cases due to people not getting tested.
    Based on my understanding, we in AB is testing at 2x national average of US.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    I asked because you made a statement "that's how he is perceiving it" which is not at all accurate. So who knows who you were referring to. You entirely missed my point, which is "can you guys stop being a bunch of assholes so we can deal with this shit and move on?".

And no shit I find this annoying. Everywhere you go are a bunch of "adults" acting like idiots over trivial things.
    Oh, got it. Yes that comment of mine was kind of ambiguous - you're right though, I was referring to you there haha.

I don't think no mask = asshole. Worded differently, I don't think wearing a mask = 'dealing with this so we can move on'...not by a long shot. We, as a society, won't be able to move on until there's an effective vaccine widely deployed.

Until we reach that point, isolate the vulnerable (or self isolate if you're shook). Natural selection will run it's course. Ain't that hard to keep your hands clean, not touch your face, and keep outside spitting distance (literally) of strangers.

My Ride
    NC1

How accurate are the current tests? It's obvs if you test more you are gonna find more but are ppl still dying or fighting it off? It be nice to know the breakdown of the age groups etc. Maybe it's out there Idk but feel free to post them up.

Survival of the fittest or not, when you go is when you go but we have a collective duty to save ppl .... but again, at what cost? I know China has no problem with letting a million or 60 die for the greater good.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Depends on the test manufacturer.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Depends on the test manufacturer.
    Oh man it's like dyno arguments again and how the numbers are fucked because Dynojet vs. Mustang

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    How accurate are the current tests? It's obvs if you test more you are gonna find more but are ppl still dying or fighting it off? It be nice to know the breakdown of the age groups etc. Maybe it's out there Idk but feel free to post them up.

Survival of the fittest or not, when you go is when you go but we have a collective duty to save ppl .... but again, at what cost? I know China has no problem with letting a million or 60 die for the greater good.
    Or be Swedish.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/sweden-s...owns-1.1455315

They seem to be ok with mortality rate higher than US currently. But confidence in government started at high 90 to go to a low 60s before rebounding to 70s.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-25-2020 at 01:03 PM.

My Ride

Oh, got it. Yes that comment of mine was kind of ambiguous - you're right though, I was referring to you there haha.

I don't think no mask = asshole. Worded differently, I don't think wearing a mask = 'dealing with this so we can move on'...not by a long shot. We, as a society, won't be able to move on until there's an effective vaccine widely deployed.

Until we reach that point, isolate the vulnerable (or self isolate if you're shook). Natural selection will run it's course. Ain't that hard to keep your hands clean, not touch your face, and keep outside spitting distance (literally) of strangers.
    Few things (I agree with most of what you're saying btw).

I don't disagree. However, I think we can agree that "being an aggressive dickhead about it = asshole", and there's a lot of that happening right now.

And wearing a mask doesn't equal "dealing with it", but it is at least a productive thing someone can do to reduce transmission. At this stage, this is documented.

"People telling me to wear a mask can get fucked". Wow, very helpful.

That attitude, and the issue I take with it, has little to do with masks and everything to do with the fact that people are actively choosing to be combative about it (it = COVID) vs. be collaborative. It's "us vs them", only a virus doesn't give a fuck and all we're doing is prolonging the pain.

I have made a killing in during this pandemic. No, not by selling toilet paper or masks at unfair prices. I put up a booth here in calgary that provides fake covid tests via the anus. Tough times like this clearly show that people are unable to think rationally because you would think they would clue in when they paid me money and were directed to put the swab in MY ass.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Sometimes I think A790 sounds a bit sanctimonious in his replies (no offence intended Cam!) but the vast majority of the time I realize that's more about how I receive his message than about his intent with it. I was a bit guilty of that, even though I largely agreed, on this topic too I think which is why my reply took some of the tone it did. I have to let go of a few of my instinctive filters more often with him than with some since we think differently but again, that's on me, I feel most of the time it's a pretty level/objective view coming out of him but when simple reason doesn't make the intended point then bluntness must prevail haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Sometimes I think A790 sounds a bit sanctimonious in his replies (no offence intended Cam!) but the vast majority of the time I realize that's more about how I receive his message than about his intent with it. I was a bit guilty of that, even though I largely agreed, on this topic too I think which is why my reply took some of the tone it did. I have to let go of a few of my instinctive filters more often with him than with some since we think differently but again, that's on me, I feel most of the time it's a pretty level/objective view coming out of him but when simple reason doesn't make the intended point then bluntness must prevail haha
    lol two things:

1) The onus is on me to make sure my message is received as intended. Obviously I suck at this.

2) You're a gem for seeing the point anyway. I appreciate that you actively chose to reframe how you view my posts.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The internet is the worst possible method of conveying a nuanced perspective. Good job everyone for having some patience and understanding.
    Bro hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

We really need to look at death rates at this point, more than anything. Unfortunately it's a lagging indicator. But we know way, way more about the disease than we did even a few weeks ago. Put people on their stomachs in the hospitals, give them remdesivir early in a case progressing to severe. Watch diabetics and heart disease patients closely. Get everyone taking Vitamin D in high doses. Protect vulnerable populations. Use corticosteroids to improve outcomes in hospitalized patients. More will be forthcoming.

If this isn't killing people at the rate we thought, and at the rate it once was, then the case numbers aren't the most important factor. I'm mostly concerned about long term organ damage that we haven't been able to understand well so far (kidney, heart, etc).

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I got my result late this morning. I'm negative for the 'rona!!! Yahoooo, time to party!!! (Timeline: Tested at 1pm on the 23rd. Got result 11am on 25th.) Pretty streamlined process they have set up.

Back to work tomorrow for me.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    lol two things:

1) The onus is on me to make sure my message is received as intended. Obviously I suck at this.

2) You're a gem for seeing the point anyway. I appreciate that you actively chose to reframe how you view my posts.
    I don't think there's any real failing there, even the best communicators can't control how their message is received. You can lead a horse to water as they say.

It's very hard to get the same context/emotional intent across in forumspeak/text/email as opposed to in person and I can be combative by nature which can exclude me from seeing bigger pictures till I step back. I meant what I said to be complimentary as I find your positions/the way you deliver them over the years have often helped me challenge the way I see things and the way I approach understanding people. That's from getting to "know" you over the years in this manner of course.

At the end of the day we're typically on the same page much more often than not. There are times I haven't realized that until I've remembered what I am choosing to attribute to your comments isn't reflective of who I know you to be so I have to revisit them with a more open mindset. That in itself has been helpful for me, to remember people can feel the same way about something but express it entirely differently.

Keep up the good work sport.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 06-25-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I don't think there's any real failing there, even the best communicators can't control how their message is received. You can lead a horse to water as they say.

It's very hard to get the same context/emotional intent across in forumspeak/text/email as opposed to in person and I can be combative by nature which can exclude me from seeing bigger pictures till I step back. I meant what I said to be complimentary as I find your positions/the way you deliver them over the years have often helped me challenge the way I see things and the way I approach understanding people. That's from getting to "know" you over the years in this manner of course.

At the end of the day we're typically on the same page much more often than not. There are times I haven't realized that until I've remembered what I am choosing to attribute to your comments isn't reflective of who I know you to be so I have to revisit them with a more open mindset. That in itself has been helpful for me, to remember people can feel the same way about something but express it entirely differently.

Keep up the good work sport.
    This is called "steelmanning" someone's argument. It is essentially assuming or clarifying the best or most generous form of someone's argument. It's a very difficult but very useful thing to be able to do in a discussion. If you take someone like Kert (sorry @kertejud2 !) - they don't do this and you can see the result: their arguments regularly look disingenuous or fallacious.

Page 343 of 985 FirstFirst ... 333 342 343 344 353 ... LastLast