Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 92 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 92 of 985 FirstFirst ... 82 91 92 93 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your constant fight against believing that Covid19 should be taken seriously is getting pretty annoying. If you choose to believe the seasonal flu is worse so therefore you don't think Covid19 is anything to worry about, then stop reading these threads and participating in them. We aren't here to convince you as you've demonstrated your massive hard on for not believing in it.

Covid19 has been described as a combination of SARS and AIDS. If people die from a cold after having their immune system compromised do you think their death should be classified as dying by a cold or by aids?
    Actually if you have been reading my posts, my sole interest is data accuracy, which frankly I think everyone should be interested in. Just because some of that might go against the mass panic and the news headlines, it should not be interpreted as downplaying anything. Also, I asked a question based on something I read in an attempt to verify it's accuracy - can you explain to me how trying to verify if something is true or not is part of some "constant fight" to not believe? I feel like I have pretty clearly laid that out my interest in all of this multiple times now.

Here's some more news that is likely to upset you:

https://calgaryherald.com/news/these...-606d6d69cfd2/

According to that article, about 50% of the people on that cruise ship who tested positive did not develop symptoms, and many of them were in the higher risk age category. Do you think that's a made-up article just because it isn't all doom and gloom?

I'm also curious why my interest in data accuracy and facts bothers you, but people posting highly ambiguous data without any context or supporting information doesn't? I have gone as far as providing the contact information for one of the sources I used, and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that not a single person here is willing to put their money where their mouth is.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-13-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    So... While being treated for pneumonia from covid-19 you go into multisystemic organ failure... Just because the organ failure was the actual cause - it wouldn't have gotten there without covid-19.

Doesn't matter if it causes you to stroke out, heart failure etc, at the end of the day no matter the actual method of death - there's the covid-19 impact.

But yes go on telling us that it's another flu. Not serious.
    This. Nobody dies from any virus (whether it’s flu, cold, sars, etc) on its own...it’s the complications / impact to your vital functions due to the virus that kills you. Otherwise that would mean nobody dies from the flu every year

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Actually if you have been reading my posts, my sole interest is data accuracy, which frankly I think everyone should be interested in. Just because some of that might go against the mass panic and the news headlines, it should not be interpreted as downplaying anything. Also, I asked a question based on something I read in an attempt to verify it's accuracy - can you explain to me how trying to verify if something is true or not is part of some "constant fight" to not believe? I feel like I have pretty clearly laid that out my interest in all of this multiple times now.

I'm also curious why my interest in data accuracy and facts bothers you, but people posting highly ambiguous data without any context or supporting information doesn't? I have gone as far as providing the contact information for one of the sources I used, and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that not a single person here is willing to put their money where their mouth is.
    Really? If your sole interest is data accuracy, do you really think a local car forum is where you should be looking? Why not post the article for everyone to read and dissect if you wanted our thoughts on it? Why not email the person who wrote the article and ask for sources? Why not Google to see if there are any other reports? Your first reaction to reading an article like that is to come running to Beyond to verify its data? Come on now.

Your intent was to spread your opinion, which is that people are overreacting to Covid-19 and all they need to do is wash their hands. You've said it repeatedly on different threads and everyone knows your position on the matter.

Here's some more news that is likely to upset you:

https://calgaryherald.com/news/these...-606d6d69cfd2/

According to that article, about 50% of the people on that cruise ship who tested positive did not develop symptoms, and many of them were in the higher risk age category. Do you think that's a made-up article just because it isn't all doom and gloom?

Oh cool two people didn't even know they had it. Case closed folks. Nothing to worry about cause these 2 old Canadians barely knew they were infected.

Confirmation bias is a real thing. Pretty sure every article you've posted or mentioned is supporting your stance on the matter. I'm sure you've come across a lot more articles outlining why it should be taken more seriously than your seasonal flu, but you choose not to engage in those and will constantly look for articles that you've brought up to reaffirm your belief that "it's all good, just wash your hands."

Really? If your sole interest is data accuracy, do you really think a local car forum is where you should be looking? Why not post the article for everyone to read and dissect if you wanted our thoughts on it? Why not email the person who wrote the article and ask for sources? Why not Google to see if there are any other reports? Your first reaction to reading an article like that is to come running to Beyond to verify its data? Come on now.

Your intent was to spread your opinion, which is that people are overreacting to Covid-19 and all they need to do is wash their hands. You've said it repeatedly on different threads and everyone knows your position on the matter.
    I don't see anything wrong with having a discussion on a forum that probably sees 90% of it's content on non-car related topics haha. And I am obviously not looking for people on beyond to individually verify data, I asked if anyone had a source. You are reading very selectively, or not reading at all. Every conclusion you have come to regarding what you think I believe so far has been incorrect.

Oh cool two people didn't even know they had it. Case closed folks. Nothing to worry about cause these 2 old Canadians barely knew they were infected.

Confirmation bias is a real thing. Pretty sure every article you've posted or mentioned is supporting your stance on the matter. I'm sure you've come across a lot more articles outlining why it should be taken more seriously than your seasonal flu, but you choose not to engage in those and will constantly look for articles that you've brought up to reaffirm your belief that "it's all good, just wash your hands."
    You didn't read the article nor did you read my last post - I don't think we can continue to have a reasonable debate if you aren't willing to read and insist on hyperbole and putting words into my mouth. Care to explain how 50% of infected people being asymptomatic on that particular ship translates into "Oh cool two people didn't even know they had it". Sounds like you're trying to downplay the results because they don't fit your narrative, go figure. Given what you are trying to call me out for, that is awfully hypocritical - especially if you are going to talk about confirmation bias, come on now.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Sounds like you're trying to downplay the results because they don't fit your narrative, go figure. Given what you are trying to call me out for, that is awfully hypocritical - especially if you are going to talk about confirmation bias, come on now.
    You beat me to it.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

So Craig, Rose, and Greg were lucky enough to be in the pile that faced few symptoms. Let's interview the dead people to get the other side of the story. Give me two shakes.
    While we wait for that, let me counter Craig, Rose, and Greg with Marty from a kind-of-a-big-deal university. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/marty...183558545.html

Name:  covid.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  91.3 KB

This is Marty. He even has a lab coat with his name on it. That's how you tell that someone is important.

Name:  covid2.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  53.2 KB
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 03-13-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

I don't see anything wrong with having a discussion on a forum that probably sees 90% of it's content on non-car related topics haha. And I am obviously not looking for people on beyond to individually verify data, I asked if anyone had a source. You are reading very selectively, or not reading at all. Every conclusion you have come to regarding what you think I believe so far has been incorrect.
    Then post the article you read so we can all view it and discuss it? I'm not reading what your posted selectively. The verbiage you used already shows that your mind is made up. You asked for other sources out there that could corroborate the findings in your Italian autopsy article because you're under the impression that the deaths counted as "death by Covid-19" could be "polluted" and somehow that means that Covid-19 isn't to be taken as serious as it is.

What's your goal exactly? Find "unpolluted" data so you can show everyone in this thread "Look guys! This study shows that 0% people infected with Covid-10 actually die from it! I was right! We don't need to worry!"

It's already been stated in this thread and virtually anywhere that is covering Covid-19 that you'll likely die from the 2nd or 3rd stage that arise from being infected (pneumonia and multi-organ failure). I don't understand how anyone would want to disassociate deaths by the 2nd or 3rd stage of attacks as "not dying by Covid-19" that makes absolutely zero sense. If you're confused, you can simply watch countless videos that tell you how Covid-19 can kill you.

If you're not talking about deaths by pneumonia or multi-organ failure, then it would help if you could post that Italian article or tell us what the cause of deaths were.

You didn't read the article nor did you read my last post - I don't think we can continue to have a reasonable debate if you aren't willing to read and insist on hyperbole and putting words into my mouth. Care to explain how 50% of infected people being asymptomatic on that particular ship translates into "Oh cool two people didn't even know they had it". Sounds like you're trying to downplay the results because they don't fit your narrative, go figure. Given what you are trying to call me out for, that is awfully hypocritical - especially if you are going to talk about confirmation bias, come on now.
    I read both lol. Maybe I missed the point of you posting that as if it was supposed to disprove something about the virus? It's clear that there is high variability among those infected and we've known that since January. I don't think there's been a precise number around those who get infected and show mild to no symptoms at all and why. I can't think of any other reason why you post that and think I would get upset at it other than you wanting to prove to me and everyone else wrong somehow, hence my reaction.

I've been following this thread since the start, can you please show me how many posts there are spreading "doom and gloom" because we might be reading different threads. I think most people participating in this thread have been pretty reasonable in their reactions as the situation develops. I don't recall anyone genuinely telling people to panic and that the world is ending, which I believe is the impression that you've somehow garnered from this thread.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Is this effecting the shelters? Today’s commute home was a little extra... cracky. Most notably in the +15s and on the train

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Is this effecting the shelters? Today’s commute home was a little extra... cracky. Most notably in the +15s and on the train
    That's probably the freezing weather.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    That's probably the freezing weather.
    I dunno, we’ve had much colder days. Today was a little extra everywhere. Or many it’s due to the lack of regular people? Hard to say

My Ride
    Axis powers

If the risk to Canadians is low, why has the government closed the house and instituted work from home?

Sure it’s low if you can work from home or perform social distancing but so many companies out there are following the guideline of risk is low and not allowing staff who are capable to work remotely do so
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Went to grab some groceries for dinner at Safeway.

Name:  9886B7A4-3816-4827-A21B-4581B130766E.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  67.5 KB
    Name:  E8A76C75-7CB1-42A7-9F3D-F5DFE73D6A69.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  52.1 KB
    Name:  E1E7F7AA-D799-44B2-8B4A-AC9884208D44.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  51.6 KB
    Name:  5368388B-A730-4CFD-A975-365E69B3C8F5.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  34.2 KB

My Ride
    Bicycle

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Went to grab some groceries for dinner at
    Snip
    The store I went to today was like 98% stocked of everything I went to get and civil + no line ups
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    The store I went to today was like 98% stocked of everything I went to get and civil + no line ups
    I talked to the store manager and he said it would be fully stocked tonight.

People are weird

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea there is definitely is increased demand, but the garrison woods store apparently didn’t receive their shipment last night which exacerbated the problem.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Yea there is definitely is increased demand, but the garrison woods store apparently didn’t receive their shipment last night which exacerbated the problem.
    Just once is fine. Panic continues, supply chain probably couldn't keep up and turned into a self fulfilling prophecy.

At a minimum with lower dollars and hoarding all over US, even if food does get to us, its going to be more expensive.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Just once is fine. Panic continues, supply chain probably couldn't keep up and turned into a self fulfilling prophecy.

At a minimum with lower dollars and hoarding all over US, even if food does get to us, its going to be more expensive.
    Theoretically, there should be less demand, since most hoarders already stocked up. Until the super-hoarders start coming out anyways.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

The perishable hoarding is weird... is there mass pickling going down or something??

Page 92 of 985 FirstFirst ... 82 91 92 93 102 ... LastLast