Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 710 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 710 of 985 FirstFirst ... 700 709 710 711 720 ... LastLast
Results 14,181 to 14,200 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fixed criteria is stupid when the game is changing.
    What was really stupid was telling people the specific criteria. Rookie mistake.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I kinda wanna see benefit rates for those who had Covid end up being more expensive if they find out Covid lung has long term effects on health. Kinda like when you start a new job or do your annual benefit refresh and they ask you if you smoke or have any underlying conditions. Or how old people benefits get more expensive as people age.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    How do you get stage 2 by early May? It requires 48% immune (not vaccinated), that's at least 2,250,000 doses administered and the lag time between vaccination and immunity accounted for. That's notwithstanding the more than likely requirement that the "transition" stage be met as well, which requires the hospitalization numbers from the old steps and cases falling.

In two weeks-ish, Kenney is going to stand up there and say that even though we poked 22% of people, they aren't immune yet, cases aren't falling and hospitalizations are still a concern. Then he'll moan some about the federal government holding Alberta back because they aren't sending enough vaccines and ease nothing.
    None of this matters because the restrictions put in place aren't as strict as they were in the original stage 1 that we had in November. They are token gestures at best to show they are doing something. Will they stop the variants, I doubt it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So, to summarize.

Some people think restrictions are going to far and won’t make a difference.

Some people think restrictions don’t go far enough and won’t make a difference.

In the end, there is no enforcement anyway, so govern yourself accordingly.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I kinda wanna see benefit rates for those who had Covid end up being more expensive if they find out Covid lung has long term effects on health. Kinda like when you start a new job or do your annual benefit refresh and they ask you if you smoke or have any underlying conditions. Or how old people benefits get more expensive as people age.
    Or legal/insurance cost of operating a public facing business like a restaurant. Ambulance chasers are already getting feelers from Joey's patrons who got COVID from the restaurant.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Exactly as planned. This will never stop. Look for shutdowns as well. We are at <300 hospitalizations, which is BELOW step 3. They are making the fucking rules up to suit their plans.

What clueless citizens we have. Maybe in 2022 maybe some more might wake up?
    There was a 30% increase in ICU admissions over the weekend alone locally
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I'm not sure if 3000 is the correct figure. That seems incredibly high for day-to-day critical care availability.
    And these have to be isolatable ICU beds, with the new variants and not cross infecting people that becomes even more of a care consideration. I wonder if they'll get to the point of having completely isolated areas for each variant.

This is what I try to drive home to people all the time, they look at the bulk numbers with no consideration for what actually goes into the care for each and every one of those people. If you have 300 severe ICU cases that is up to 1200 care staff (depending on the requirements).

And the point about deaths needing to be the only measuring stick is also misinformed. The long term implications on COVID on a younger individual is nothing to mess around with either. There is plenty of data being collected on what complications you continue to suffer.

The NHL cases out west will be an interesting indicator on how things go with this Brazil variant, both for the athletes themselves and the families.

I'll say myself, anecdotally of course with the cases I encounter (which are primarily UK variant at the moment) that the symptoms themselves are much more severe and I am seeing less elderly and more 30-50. They have the same physiologic signs overall but the patients feel and appear much sicker.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Man I already knew Facebook (and social media in general) was a breeding ground of filth regarding Covid, but holy fuck this past week it has just ramped up to new levels of crazy.

People. Be. Fucking. Crazy!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Or legal/insurance cost of operating a public facing business like a restaurant. Ambulance chasers are already getting feelers from Joey's patrons who got COVID from the restaurant.
    Feelers: yes. But they're hard to move forward into a tangible case because it's hard to prove (even on balance) that they probably got it from Joey's and not something/where else.

Like I said, the game of chicken businesses are playing with enforcement agencies is going to be very interesting. I know of a few businesses that have basically ignored mandates like limited capacity, exertion levels, masking and spacing; and have more or less taken the stance that they are a private business and can do what they want. I don't think it's a particularly valid, or strong, argument, but that seems to be their stance.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    I like how they say that the wait times are overwhelming at hospitals.... I drove by Rocky view ER on Saturday and Sunday. It was empty.... One person outside having a smoke.
    Oh good this again!
    Yesterday at the hospitals ambulances were waiting in the 4 hospitals for (in no particular order or identification): 5:57min, 2:19min, 3:42 min, 4:49min.

These accounted for 33 vehicles (parked and incoming) and 26 patients, just via EMS, mid afternoon early week. In addition to those loads there are walk in patients who are still not allowed other visitors, meaning hospitals look quiet. Capacities in the ED range from 100-112% currently and fluctuate throughout the day. We are a singular aspect of health care, but we are also an indicator of volume.

But hey, you saw someone having a smoke

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

At the end of the day, anyone who paid attention had to have seen a third lockdown coming since we started moved into phase 2, simply on the merit of balancing the two sides:

1) We could go back to a first lockdown-level restrictions, but I think we can all agree that that was a pretty shitty time that we don't want to repeat. Also bearing in mind that that will be terrible for all businesses.
    2) We open things up fully, which then exposes the vulnerable and places a terrible burden on the health care system and its workers - ultimately meaning more people die in cases where it could've been treatable had resources been available.

This was always going to be a matter of managing the ebb and flow of infection rates until we can achieve significant vaccination.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    And the point about deaths needing to be the only measuring stick is also misinformed. The long term implications on COVID on a younger individual is nothing to mess around with either. There is plenty of data being collected on what complications you continue to suffer.
    Unfortunately, that's all the data we are given. AHS and the province may collect the data, but we don't know severe outcomes, long haulers, hospitalizations and icu daily numbers, even variant numbers. Just cases, age range, deaths and recoveries. The rest we are being offered is words, from a political party that is chasing its tail and sky-is-falling pundits.

I'll say myself, anecdotally of course...
    I value your contributions, for sure. Don't stop. But I wish we didn't have the use anecdotal reports and had better disclosure.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

So when in Berta getting the Ontario style stay at home order?

Over/under set at 9.5 days from now.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    So when in Berta getting the Ontario style stay at home order?

Over/under set at 9.5 days from now.
    Cant see it happening at all to be honest.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I'll say myself, anecdotally of course with the cases I encounter (which are primarily UK variant at the moment) that the symptoms themselves are much more severe and I am seeing less elderly and more 30-50. They have the same physiologic signs overall but the patients feel and appear much sicker.
    Anecdotal here as well, friend my age (40's), been on ventilator and sedated for over a week now.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Anecdotal here as well, friend my age (40's), been on ventilator and sedated for over a week now.
    damn, that sucks

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s proof, Covid fucks up old people!

fact.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    stahp

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Stop moving the goal post on what's being old. Next they are gonna say 40+ deserves to die.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

They have had a good run.

fact.

Page 710 of 985 FirstFirst ... 700 709 710 711 720 ... LastLast