Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 660 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 660 of 985 FirstFirst ... 650 659 660 661 670 ... LastLast
Results 13,181 to 13,200 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you consider the other part of the announcement that everyone coming in to Canada has to quarantine in a hotel for minimum 3 days at their own expense, it makes a bit more sense.
    Is it everyone though? I only read the CBC article, but am wondering if they're still going to give exemptions to "essential" workers, like ES's O&G guy.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Well, pubs/restaurants and 1:1 gyms back, this 21 day review period suuuucks
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Under 150 people in hospital before any form of social gathering. That’s just asking people to ignore the rules.

150 hospitalizations versus 8500 acute care beds in the province seems a very odd goal
    Last edited by killramos; 01-29-2021 at 06:44 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Under 150 people in hospital before any form of social gathering. That’s just asking people to ignore the rules.

150 hospitalizations versus 8500 acute care beds in the province seems a very odd goal
    6 weeks from now is mid March, weather improved and vaccine supply back on track. Delay tactics with a bit of “We follow the science”

Notice there was no “return to full normal” stage that could get us past the mask law

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Is it everyone though? I only read the CBC article, but am wondering if they're still going to give exemptions to "essential" workers, like ES's O&G guy.
    There will be no restrictions on truckers, pilots, or energy workers. Not happening.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

"Gyms may reopen, but only for one-on-one, scheduled training."

In a health pandemic, let's try our best to make sure no-one can exercise.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    "Gyms may reopen, but only for one-on-one, scheduled training."

In a health pandemic, let's try our best to make sure no-one can exercise.

So go workout with a buddy, that’s how I read it. Did they say the other person needs to be an employee of the gym?

Another three weeks carry costs trying to keep my gym in business.

Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    There will be no restrictions on truckers, pilots, or energy workers. Not happening.
    Yeah look like they are still exempt
    https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/n...sf-sfe-en.aspx

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Another three weeks carry costs trying to keep my gym in business.

Wonderful.
    Sorry to see it man, was really hoping they would smarten up in that front. I was doing brick training (3 hour bike/running) at MRU, deemed high risk by the government even though we had the whole top of the mru facility for 30 people (that has a 200m track within that area)

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    So go workout with a buddy, that’s how I read it. Did they say the other person needs to be an employee of the gym?
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Only supervised 1 on 1 is allowed at the gym No booking for individual time at the gym.

They know no one will open their gym to do 1-1 sessions. Its probably cheaper to save on utilities and sanitizer and keep everything locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I can't tell if you're accusing me of making it up or not. I have no ulterior motive in any of this, its my job so I would think my daily observations are more indicative of the norm than occasional ER visits. Sure there are times its not busy, that same day within an hour or two it can be backed out outside the door. It ebbs and flows, there's no pattern to it. And unfortunately, I have no means to show you the data from the interface we have access to. Maybe I'll PM you a shot next week when I'm back at work that shows the actual patient numbers in the department, and the overall capacity condition of the department
    You don't have to try and read between any lines, you can just read my post for what it is. Not accusing of anything. I'm just curious how someone who is in ER's all the time has such a different perspective than anyone who visits as a patient, or than what all the wait time statistics clearly demonstrate. I just had to go to ER again for my kid the other day, it was a ghost town yet again.

Well that was a fart in the tub of an announcement.
    More unreasonable nonsense as far as justifying control measures. But I thought it was a big step in the right direction to actually quantify our future outlook. Now we know exactly what the hospital load needs to be before we change phases. That's more than any other Province has done.

Oh and I think I get a bunch of virtue points and an internet Epidemiology degree since my Grandpa just died from covid a few days ago. He was 90 years old, had heart disease and severe dementia. So it was either covid or time that took him, pretty sure death certificate will say covid though. My Aunt is a crazy Ontario Liberal, so she is using this as her big "I told you so!" about how much hysteria we should be displaying for covid. If anything it has simply bolstered everything I already researched and am aware of through data analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Oh and I think I get a bunch of virtue points and an internet Epidemiology degree since my Grandpa just died from covid a few days ago. He was 90 years old, had heart disease and severe dementia. So it was either covid or time that took him, pretty sure death certificate will say covid though. My Aunt is a crazy Ontario Liberal, so she is using this as her big "I told you so!" about how much hysteria we should be displaying for covid. If anything it has simply bolstered everything I already researched and am aware of through data analysis.
    My Grandpa passed two weeks ago. Long term care, dementia patient as well. Been going downhill for about two months. Dr figured he wouldn’t make Christmas but he held on. About two weeks before he passed the home had a Covid outbreak. He tested positive. He never had any respiratory Illness symptoms at all, no trouble breathing, fluid in lungs, coughing, etc. Having severe dementia, he was no longer able to eat or drink. He literally starved to death. I’m curious what the official cause of death was too. My Grandma said many of the very ill patients also came down with C19. Grandma wore the ppe stuff required, but often removed her mask and shield to interact with him. So far so good, she’s 85 and didn’t get infected. Strange bug indeed.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty 88 View Post
    Having severe dementia, he was no longer able to eat or drink. He literally starved to death. I’m curious what the official cause of death was too.
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds rather awful.

I think once someone gets to be "on the brink", this virus is especially deadly. Then if one can't keep their energy and fluids up, it spells disaster. Seems it just kicks the shit out of a fragile body and even if they don't die from the actual respiratory collapse - the strain is too much. I suppose the same could be said of a variety of other diseases as well. Just the flu isn't nearly as deadly yet my own grandmother died from the strain it put on her.

Again, my best wishes to you and your family. At least you had time to prepare. It helps.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post

I think once someone gets to be "on the brink", this virus is especially deadly.
    How is this different from any other virus/cold? On the brink is on the brink.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    No, there's nothing in the text released by the government that says gyms can only reopen with employed personal trainers hand-holding the guests. But it seems that's how all of them are treating it.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    No, there's nothing in the text released by the government that says gyms can only reopen with employed personal trainers hand-holding the guests. But it seems that's how all of them are treating it.
    The government has clarified that the only thing allowed is supervised one on one at the gym or one on a household at the gym. Nothing else is allowed... It's not a matter of interpretation.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

One-on-one training is permitted

• Only one-on-one or one-on-one household training is permitted for indoor fitness activities (e.g. fitness in dance studios, training figure skating on ice, one-on-one lessons).
    • Sessions have to be scheduled or by appointment. No drop-in or groups allowed.

Safety requirements:

• One-on-one sessions cannot interact with others and there must be a minimum of 3 metres distance between sessions in the same facility.
    • Trainers must be professional, certified and/or paid trainers who are providing active instruction and correction. Passive supervision of a physical activity is not considered training.
    • Trainers should remain masked during the session; clients are not required to wear a mask while exercising
    • More than one trainer and client ‘pair’ are allowed into the facility, studio, rink, court, pool, ice surface, etc. so long as:
      • Each trainer and client stays 3 metres away from all other trainers and clients at all times, including in entryways and exits.
      • Each trainer can only interact with their assigned client, and each client can only interact with their assigned trainer.
      • No interaction between clients or between trainers is allowed.
      • No ‘cycling through’ multiple trainers as in circuit training.

Page 660 of 985 FirstFirst ... 650 659 660 661 670 ... LastLast