Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 727 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 727 of 985 FirstFirst ... 717 726 727 728 737 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,540 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

"Let the bodies pile high" Well if that doesn't signify the end of the lockdowns.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

So maybe 2 months ago my son had to be quarantined for 2 weeks due to a positive case from a kid on the bus.

Tonight I get an automated call saying a kid in his class was confirmed positive. Quarantine #2.

This is getting oh so old.

Wtf are families with 2 working parents supposed to do with limited to no child care available?

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Wtf are families with 2 working parents supposed to do with limited to no child care available?
    The same thing every person who hasn't been allowed to go to work for the last year does. Figure it out.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yep. Don't work and if that ruins your career or you get laid off, we'll, the government will provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

So maybe 2 months ago my son had to be quarantined for 2 weeks due to a positive case from a kid on the bus.

Tonight I get an automated call saying a kid in his class was confirmed positive. Quarantine #2.

WFH if you can or take leave and apply for CRCB if WFH is not possible.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-...ml#individuals

The CRCB provides $500 ($450 after taxes withheld) for up to 38 weeks per household for workers:

unable to work for at least 50% of the week because they must care for a child under the age of 12 or family member because schools, day-cares or care facilities are closed due to COVID-19
    because the child or family member is sick and/or required to quarantine or is at high risk of serious health implications because of COVID-19.
    https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-leave.aspx

All employees recommended or directed by the Chief Medical Officer to quarantine related to COVID-19 are entitled to 14 days of unpaid, job-protected leave.

All employees are eligible regardless of their length of service.
    And if things are bad enough....

https://www.alberta.ca/emergency-fin...ssistance.aspx
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-27-2021 at 08:25 AM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    WFH if you can or take leave and apply for CRCB if WFH is not possible.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-...ml#individuals

https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-leave.aspx

And if things are bad enough....

https://www.alberta.ca/emergency-fin...ssistance.aspx
    Thanks, Xtrema. I'm going to go on a wild limb and suggest this answer was probably significantly more useful than Misterman's blocked comment.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Thanks, Xtrema. I'm going to go on a wild limb and suggest this answer was probably significantly more useful than Misterman's blocked comment.
    We have quite a few colleagues that still need to be physically in office taking leave until quarantine is over. People who are WFH anyway could care less. Just make sure they don't catch it and go for testing (although I heard they are not testing asymptotic people or people who had been positive 14 days prior any more due to lack of resource).

With 1/3 school having active outbreak, it's not hard to have employees to be quarantined right now.

If everyone follow the rules, it's pretty much a mini-lock down at this point. But Cross-iron is still packed.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Appears send their sick kids to school
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

A popular option!
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

LPT: If you're getting tested, and the site has a Walk-Up feature, WALK UP. Some guy mentioned it on Reddit last week. I just went to the Macleod Rona location and there were about 100 cars in line, Around 16 of them went through during the 10 minutes I was inside. So expect over an hour if you're in your vehicle.

Oh no. So much sadness I feel.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDib8tjhrI

Is the govt planning on sending us these to see how many of us actually have virus exposure?

Social Distancing is BS according to MIT Study

A pair of professors from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology say indoor social distancing guidelines are unnecessary and not based on science, after finding that it makes virtually no difference whether folks are 6 or 60 feet apart when it comes to the spread of Covid.

They found, in short, as CNBC explains, that “the risk of being exposed to Covid-19 indoors is as great at 60 feet as it is at 6 feet — even when wearing a mask.”

“We argue there really isn’t much of a benefit to the 6-foot rule, especially when people are wearing masks,” Bazant told the outlet. “It really has no physical basis because the air a person is breathing while wearing a mask tends to rise and comes down elsewhere in the room so you’re more exposed to the average background than you are to a person at a distance.”

Upon seeing CNBC’s report, a Twitter user identifying themselves as a “politically neutral social scientist” wrote: “It took experts an entire year to discover that a 14 year old’s science project should not be used to guide a pandemic response plan. Social distancing is bad science.”

They pointed to a post from the American Instituted for Economic Research report from a year ago explaining that the idea for social distancing, indeed, came from a kid during the President George W. Bush administration and “was viewed as impractical, unnecessary and politically infeasible.”

As for social distancing outdoors, Bazant says it makes almost no sense and that doing so with masks on is “kind of crazy.”

“If you look at the air flow outside, the infected air would be swept away and very unlikely to cause transmission. There are very few recorded instances of outdoor transmission.” he said. “Crowded spaces outdoor could be an issue, but if people are keeping a reasonable distance of like 3 feet outside, I feel pretty comfortable with that even without masks frankly.”

Bazant says this could possibly explain why there haven’t been spikes in transmission in states like Texas or Florida that have reopened businesses without capacity limits.

“This emphasis on distancing has been really misplaced from the very beginning. The CDC or WHO have never really provided justification for it, they’ve just said this is what you must do and the only justification I’m aware of, is based on studies of coughs and sneezes, where they look at the largest particles that might sediment onto the floor and even then it’s very approximate, you can certainly have longer or shorter range, large droplets,” Bazant said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/23/mit-...new-study.html

But Keep Wearing Masks and Social Distancing like Master Fauci says Even after You get the Experimental Jab

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    the risk of being exposed to Covid-19 indoors is as great at 60 feet as it is at 6 feet — even when wearing a mask.

Crowded spaces outdoor could be an issue, but if people are keeping a reasonable distance of like 3 feet outside, I feel pretty comfortable with that
    The guy who says social distancing doesn't make sense also recommends in the same article to use social distancing. Seems like a solid scientific piece. Well done.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

So weird, a known anti-vaxxer doesn't like mRNA vaccines and his article is based on a lot of "mays" vs a verifiable test.

"J. Bart Classen - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Bart_Classen

There may be side affects from these down the line, but I won't be listening to that quack to find out what they are.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can someone explain something about India?
    -they have lots of teh covidz - I get that
    -people with covid sometimes have severe breathing difficulties - I get that
    - India has a shortage of oxygen for breathing support. - I get that.
    - sikh temple offering "drive-through oxygen" - I don't get this.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-56922494

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Third world countries REALLY like things just because other people cant have them.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. The temple drive thru are volunteers trying to help the poor who are literally dying on the street due to lack of oxygen. Oxygen is being hoarded and sold at 20x normal prices right now, so the poor is pretty much fucked. They're not being admitted to hospital as hospitals have closed off admissions, and they can't afford to buy black market oxygen. The temples with volunteers securing oxygen are their only hope for a chance of survival.

One of our coworkers dad has been in ICU for a week now, and got a call from the hospital yesterday telling him they're out of oxygen and he has to manage it. He had to leave work and basically go buy oxygen on the street to bring up to his dad in his hospital room. That's pretty much the norm right now in North India. If you're poor, those drive thrus might be enough to save your life.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Sure. The temple drive thru are volunteers trying to help the poor who are literally dying on the street due to lack of oxygen. Oxygen is being hoarded and sold at 20x normal prices right now, so the poor is pretty much fucked. They're not being admitted to hospital as hospitals have closed off admissions, and they can't afford to buy black market oxygen. The temples with volunteers securing oxygen are their only hope for a chance of survival.

One of our coworkers dad has been in ICU for a week now, and got a call from the hospital yesterday telling him they're out of oxygen and he has to manage it. He had to leave work and basically go buy oxygen on the street to bring up to his dad in his hospital room. That's pretty much the norm right now in North India. If you're poor, those drive thrus might be enough to save your life.
    Oxygen isn’t exactly something you can down like a Big Mac and be all better though
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Oxygen isn’t exactly something you can down like a Big Mac and be all better though
    It's literally just to stay alive, even for a few more hours. Nothing about recovering whatsoever.

If you can afford black market oxygen for someone in ICU, keep them alive long enough to recover with the steroids and remdesivir treatments.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 727 of 985 FirstFirst ... 717 726 727 728 737 ... LastLast