Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 358 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 358 of 985 FirstFirst ... 348 357 358 359 368 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gyms are considered to be indoor public places, right?
    I think they always were.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yeah, I was having this conversation with my wife last night. If I had to wear a mask at the gym, I would bitch about it, but I would do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Muscle Beach?

Making masks mandatory should have been implemented as things opened up.....this is like going in bare back and then putting a rubber on for round 2.

Nenshi just doesn't want to be left out.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Say what you will, it should have been implemented by the provincial government, not left to local governments
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    So did all the foreign workers just stay around Canada the entire pandemic and collect cerb from our government? I’ve heard a few stories and the mountains are full of Aussie employees again.
    I won't doubt TFW applies for CERB will get it, after all they pay into the same income tax system everyone does. Back in June, there were 190k recipients repaid their CERB for one reason or another.

Some say CERB is better than their current pay. Hence we need TFW which counter the point about keeping migration minimum to keep everyone safe.

While I can see how CERB stabilizes and buy us time for people to stay home and slow the spread, it's done the job and should have lifted by now or at least reduce the the amount. But in theory, if you are called back to work and you don't, you lose your CERB as well. So I think at this point the only undeserved recipients are people who doesn't have a job before the pandemic anyway and scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Say what you will, it should have been implemented by the provincial government, not left to local governments
    If NDP can't and won't do it in BC, there is very little incentive for Conservative governments.

After all, Kenney would love to see Nenshi and Iveson to die on that sword.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-08-2020 at 08:55 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    City-by-city is the least sensible way to do this for sure. Will Calgarians be driving to Airdrie or Okotoks to work out?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    So, people have forgotten the difference between droplet and airborne transmission?
    The W.H.O. is a joke.
    Have to read up on this yet. Heard just rumble that some scientists want to call it airborne and I assume WHO won't?

If it's indeed airborne, circulated air indoor places are f'd and masks will come out as 1st line of defense and render hand washing 2nd and social distancing pointless indoor.

But if WHO approves this view, would anyone, especially the US listen?
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-08-2020 at 09:17 AM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Yeah, I was having this conversation with my wife last night. If I had to wear a mask at the gym, I would bitch about it, but I would do it.
    Damn, can't make fun of people wearing "training" masks anymore.

My Ride
    Axis powers

City-by-city is the least sensible way to do this for sure. Will Calgarians be driving to Airdrie or Okotoks to work out?
    Exactly, when Calgary was delayed in re-opening, everyone went to Airdrie or Okotoks for the same services
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Happened to be downtown for a short time today. It's not busy by any means, but saw dozens of people in the +15's and exactly zero of them (aside from me) was wearing a mask.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Have to read up on this yet. Heard just rumble that some scientists want to call it airborne and I assume WHO won't?

If it's indeed airborne, circulated air indoor places are f'd and masks will come out as 1st line of defense and render hand washing 2nd and social distancing pointless indoor.

But if WHO approves this view, would anyone, especially the US listen?
    That the virus is airborne doesn't render hand washing/distancing pointless. It only emphasizes the importance of wearing a mask.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    That the virus is airborne doesn't render hand washing/distancing pointless. It only emphasizes the importance of wearing a mask.
    I guess depends on definition of airborne. It sounds like the new thinking is if there isn't enough air flow, it may linger so distancing is pointless if I can walk into a cloud that someone else left behind.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53329946

The World Health Organization has acknowledged there is emerging evidence that the coronavirus can be spread by tiny particles suspended in the air.

The airborne transmission could not be ruled out in crowded, closed or poorly ventilated settings, an official said.

If the evidence is confirmed, it may affect guidelines for indoor spaces.

Holy fuck, these numbers from the fiscal update are insane:

- Deficit for 2020-21 rises to $343.2 billion from $34.4 billion projected before pandemic.
    - Net federal debt will hit $1.2 trillion.
    - Federal debt-to-GDP ratio is expected to rise to 49% in 2020-21 from 31%
    - Direct federal support for Canadians and businesses: $212 billion.
    - COVID-19 slowdown has cost.the federal treasury an additional $81.3 billion.
    - GDP will shrink by projected 6.8% this year —.worst since the Great Depression.
    - Economy is expected to bounce back by 5.5% next year.

https://apple.news/A40fJCCe0Qf6eV-6hmAQ1WA

What many are trying to argue that droplet eventually becomes airborne if the virus stays alive long enough, which is does. The droplet simply dries up, like a ball of wet leaves falling in the rain. As is dries, it is much easier to become airborne at slightest disturbance - like an airconditioner.

Time to get those old air ionizers out, or one of those newfangled UV units.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Bolsonaro might actually be in trouble. His genetic pre-disposition, being male, slightly older and physical size, makes me think that he is in for a ride.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    Making masks mandatory should have been implemented as things opened up.....this is like going in bare back and then putting a rubber on for round 2.

Nenshi just doesn't want to be left out.
    Exactly!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    ute

excellent update today:

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I guess depends on definition of airborne. It sounds like the new thinking is if there isn't enough air flow, it may linger so distancing is pointless if I can walk into a cloud that someone else left behind.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53329946
    I haven't researched either. Partly because lazy, but much moreso because the constant flow of 180° contradictory misinformation that continues to flow from "experts" is the watershed moment in the complete deterioration of our successful society. It's epidemic.
    In this instance, I suspect that because you can get coronavirus from someone sneezing near you and that travels through The Air you've got legions of #CriticalTheory fuckwits saying "came through air = Airborne" with no understanding of droplet contagions and no need to because fundamental facts are now being questioned by students who think zhe is the first person to go "but, what if?" on facts that have been exhaustively proven over many decades or even hundreds of years. And these piece of shit universities are rewarding them for it!

But hey - what do I know? I just wore a mask on a couple 60% capacity planes for more than a few hours. I got off that plane with a negative CoVid test result in my hands and presented it to the pseudo-authority representative who still ordered me to isolate for 14 days along with everyone else on the plane.
    Guess who the only people I saw without a mask on that day were. Yes, it was the health care professionals interacting with people deemed so high-risk that they are ordered to immediately self-isolate and receive daily phone calls or suffer police intervention.
    No masks. No gloves. No physical barriers and about 3ft of social distancing.
    What fucking information do they have to justify that behaviour?!?

But, I'm wrong.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I haven't researched either. Partly because lazy, but much moreso because the constant flow of 180° contradictory misinformation that continues to flow from "experts" is the watershed moment in the complete deterioration of our successful society. It's epidemic.
    In this instance, I suspect that because you can get coronavirus from someone sneezing near you and that travels through The Air you've got legions of #CriticalTheory fuckwits saying "came through air = Airborne" with no understanding of droplet contagions and no need to because fundamental facts are now being questioned by students who think zhe is the first person to go "but, what if?" on facts that have been exhaustively proven over many decades or even hundreds of years. And these piece of shit universities are rewarding them for it!

But hey - what do I know? I just wore a mask on a couple 60% capacity planes for more than a few hours. I got off that plane with a negative CoVid test result in my hands and presented it to the pseudo-authority representative who still ordered me to isolate for 14 days along with everyone else on the plane.
    Guess who the only people I saw without a mask on that day were. Yes, it was the health care professionals interacting with people deemed so high-risk that they are ordered to immediately self-isolate and receive daily phone calls or suffer police intervention.
    No masks. No gloves. No physical barriers and about 3ft of social distancing.
    What fucking information do they have to justify that behaviour?!?

But, I'm wrong.
    People acting complacent and irresponsibly isn't a reflection of the larger consensus, in the same way that not all cops are power tripping dickheads just because some of them act that way.

I do agree re: your sentiments on contradictory information (to a point). I follow the recommendations outlined by AHS and more or less ignore the other stuff. It's just noise and I can't do anything if I have hearing loss, amirite?

Page 358 of 985 FirstFirst ... 348 357 358 359 368 ... LastLast