Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 207 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 207 of 985 FirstFirst ... 197 206 207 208 217 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    107 new cases + 5 additional deaths yesterday. Pretty senseless deaths.
    One of those deaths was a 20 year-old from the Edmonton zone.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...date-1.5520729

”The fifth victim was a 20-year-old woman from Edmonton. It is not clear if she had underlying health issues.“

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Look what happens when healthcare gets overrun because we don't make an effort to flatten the curve.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/ameri...ntl/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Stop looking/thinking six inches in front of your face, mate. The clear middle ground is gaining control on transmission and then gradually reopening parts of the economy to manage the caseload and keep the healthcare system in check.

Was the situation handled perfectly? Absolutely not. Would I have done anything differently? Doubt it. Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm not so arrogant so as to assume that, in January and with the information available then, that I'd have reacted perfectly. Moving forward, sure. This experience has taught us all the importance of it.

What I'm seeing a lot of are people - like you, jutes, bob (sorry bob) - that are saying there are better ways to do things but not actually articulating the how or the why. So it's great to say that there better options, but another thing entirely to explore them.

Again, people much smarter and more invested than both of us got us on the isolation bandwagon. Why?
    Understand how the government works (this is true for most) - they get options and opinions given to them from all sides (ie. the smart people) that they THEN choose to act based on what they want.

The various levels of government were given varied opinions on what to do - however, as most governments did - they chose to REACT to the fear narrative.

Short term thinking = long term pain.

In absolutely no scenario - other than something like the fucking black plague perhaps - is decimating this countries entire economy, worth doing.

We are in serious, long term , deep, fucking shit - and it has nothing to do with ~140 deaths in Canada now. That ship has sailed a long time ago.

Its about something much bigger and broader - what that is, is another question entirely (and I dont know).
    Last edited by revelations; 04-03-2020 at 06:07 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post

In absolutely no scenario - other than something like the fucking black plague perhaps - is decimating this countries entire economy, worth doing.

We are in serious, deep, fucking shit - and it has nothing to do with ~140 deaths in Canada now.
    Guess you didn't read my post.

My Ride

Dr Hinshaw on why we don't let the disease spread among young people.

https://youtu.be/mxEK-U_EJe4?t=973

At around 28 minutes, Dr Dee specifically calls out @BavarianBeast for discriminating against his wife.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 04-03-2020 at 06:05 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    . We have people so scared they think they are going to die if they set foot out of their house ”
    The number of people who think this, is bizarre.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Which one is the MILF TV?
    Plot twist, every channel is milf TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    What would be the outcome if we shut everything down for 2 weeks? (Not police/fire/ems) like everything. Would it not stop the spread?
    I was thinking the same thing. Can you even do that in a society like ours? We aren't China.

I think what you would find is a reset, but not an elimination. Supplies still need to be transported (at a lesser rate), utilities need to be run, hospitals need to stay open, pharmacies, gas stations too. It would be very challenging (especially closing grocery stores) and I believe it would only take us back to the kind of numbers we saw around Mid March.

Shut down 2 weeks to go 2-3 weeks back in time... only to have it then shoot back up to current levels in equal 2-3 week time after that? Hardly seems as useful as it initially sounds. Then of course there are the added economics as that will affect many in sometimes rather unsettling ways.

Until a treatment or vaccine is found (Or in the worlds of Trump, it "magically" disappears), I don't see much we can do other than try not to overwhelm the medical system.

...and on that note, I feel for health workers and essential workers. There is really no end in sight, and many of them will have to remain in super high stress mode for months. That will take it's toll mentally. I personally make it a point to thank any worker I encounter outside the house for continuing to supply me with necessities. We all need to start doing this, imo.

My Ride
    Model S

Understand how the government works (this is true for most) - they get options and opinions given to them from all sides (ie. the smart people) that they THEN choose to act based on what they want.

The various levels of government were given varied opinions on what to do - however, as most governments did - they chose to REACT to the fear narrative.

Short term thinking = long term pain.

We are in serious, long term , deep, fucking shit - and it has nothing to do with ~140 deaths in Canada now. That ship has sailed a long time ago.

Its about something much bigger and broader - what that is, is another question entirely (and I dont know).
    The reason you don’t know is because it’s very simple. And it’s bizarre to me that there is this fringe group that have convinced themselves that it must be some secret sinister agenda. If we shut down the economy, there is huge economic damage. If we don’t shut down the economy, the economic damage is probably far worse. Even if you don’t care about all of the death and suffering directly from the virus, favoring the economy still requires a shutdown. There is no conspiracy. That’s the motivation. George Soros didn’t make a bioweapon. And they aren’t raping kids in a pizza joint in NYC either. And we did land on the moon.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    The reason you don’t know is because it’s very simple. And it’s bizarre to me that there is this fringe group that have convinced themselves that it must be some secret sinister agenda. If we shut down the economy, there is huge economic damage. If we don’t shut down the economy, the economic damage is probably far worse. Even if you don’t care about all of the death and suffering directly from the virus, favoring the economy still requires a shutdown. There is no conspiracy. That’s the motivation. George Soros didn’t make a bioweapon. And they aren’t raping kids in a pizza joint in NYC either. And we did land on the moon.
    Latest theory is that Hank Scorpio of Globex Corporation is behind COVID-19.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Welp it was bound to happen: https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/two-cochr...cing-1.4882239

Even though it was withdrawn.. this is going to fuel fire for all the trolls and get the pitchforks out.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    I dont give a fuck about any fake moon landings to deliver Soros bioweapon Pizza - but sinister agendas have happened all the time in recent history. This is not news.

This is questioning the mainstream narrative and our governments reaction.

If we didn't shut down the economy (ie we chose a rational middle ground) - there absolutely would have been hope for it.

Now, we are done.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Welp it was bound to happen: https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/two-cochr...cing-1.4882239

Even though it was withdrawn.. this is going to fuel fire for all the trolls and get the pitchforks out.
    Of course it was RCMP. I'm pretty sure CPS said they won't fine people but rather educate them.

I dont give a fuck about any fake moon landings to deliver Soros bioweapon Pizza - but sinister agendas have happened all the time in recent history. This is not news.

This is questioning the mainstream narrative and our governments reaction.

If we didn't shut down the economy (ie we chose a rational middle ground) - there absolutely would have been hope for it.

Now, we are done.

Event 201. Pretty interesting thing just months before this broke out.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty 88 View Post
    Yea I watched the economic chapter of that - thats a pretty eye opening deal right there. This (among other oddities) point to a pre-planned event.

They had a much worse pandemic in the simulation though - million dead in a month or something to that effect.
    Last edited by revelations; 04-03-2020 at 09:09 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    Of course it was RCMP. I'm pretty sure CPS said they won't fine people but rather educate them.
    I wonder if the member had some flapping gums service delivered to them, and the kids were cited as a result (instead of warned). Always two sides.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cochrane teens are the worst. Can confirm they all should be arrested and possibly gassed if we have the facilities for that type of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

What is so bad about mainstream media, as opposed to alt conspiracy media? I thought Darr Maqbool was pretty cool.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty 88 View Post
    Yea I watched the economic chapter of that - thats a pretty eye opening deal right there. This (among other oddities) point to a pre-planned event.
    Ken Jeong

Oh I gots this yo. I know EXACTLY who is behind this. Hear me out. Event 2-Oh-1 was definitely a simulation for c-Oh-vid-1-9. The clues are all there. 2-Oh-1 is the area code for none other than...NEW...JERSEY. Which is across the river from the biggest outbreak in America. Why NEW...JER..SEY? Why not? You want to be in the eye of a pandemic? Or do you want to lounge across the river and watch the world burn?

Wait...wait wait. There is more. When you turn the numbers 2-Oh-1 upside down, what do you get? L-O-R. The number one greatest trilogy of all time LORD..OF..THE..RINGS. Who are the heros? The Hobbits...LITTLE PEOPLE. You know who else are known as LITTLE PEOPLE? CHILDREN. Who so happens to be the only age group that is immune to this disease. The very..mas-ter-minds of this disease are children. Because they are SICK-OF-YOUR-SHIT adults. They don't need no one to tell them when to turn animal crossing off. Nu-uh. They don't want nobody to tell them they can't take a swig off your macallan 65 even though they paid for it with their bitcoin investment. You are fucking PISSING THEM OFF adults. Kids...I got my eye on you, but we cool homies. We cool.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 319
Size:  772.6 KB
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 04-03-2020 at 10:49 PM.

So where do we land on how not to give the government more power over our lives, but also have stronger isolation policies be enforced by the government?

Page 207 of 985 FirstFirst ... 197 206 207 208 217 ... LastLast