Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 562 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 562 of 985 FirstFirst ... 552 561 562 563 572 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, do we have social media data showing gatherings like that? Does snapchat, or IG or whatever allow us to mine heatmaps?
    Yeah, snapchat you can view by map then it shows a heatmap of where there are public snaps and then you can tap on a area to view snaps.

That being said a quick look at the NE and I don't see much besides selfies and driving snaps. Though all the Fri/Sat party snaps wouldve expired already.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    People shouldn't be blaming the gov't if retail and restaurants fail. We should be blaming the virus, and the inability of people to stop doing things that cause spread outside of retail.

Retail and restaurants would cause some level of spread, but if people were willing to give up family and social gatherings, then the retail/restaurant spread would be manageable. Having both cause spread is not manageable.

People are choosing social gatherings over the survivability of local retail...nobody to blame but ourselves.
    I do blame the government though. They could've kept things more limited to slow the spread from back in the summer. Instead they rushed straight phase 1, 2, 3, back to full swing. Everyone could see that when school went back into session that things would spready much faster. They keep saying it's not school related by Oct 1st onward things spiked up really quickly.

Either way, had they kept social gatherings limited to smaller groups through the late summer and fall and actually ENFORCED fines then people might have taken it a bit more seriously and it wouldn't have spread as quickly.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 11-30-2020 at 11:59 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

What I think is that if JK wants to protect retail so much he should just pony up some cash to help them survive for 2 - 4 weeks instead. If all businesses were closed aside from takeout and grocery and all people stayed home then perhaps cases would come down, and the retail sector probably would feel much better knowing the govt had their backs with some cash to help them pay rent/employees during that time. The budget update earmarked 3.5 B for covid where that money going? The UCP seem to be relying on the federal govt providing all the money to support businesses.

NE high cases
    During the radio interview the host said that isn't the reason they have so many cases because most NE workers are in essential / front line industries, ie taxi drivers, nurses, other hospital staff, food service workers.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 11-30-2020 at 12:04 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

So who made monies on pharma?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I haven’t seen a single other person in my condo building wearing a mask in the last four days. Sometimes I wish there was a snitch line. This morning a guy got on the elevator with me without a mask and was obviously sniffling etc, and then pushed the button with a snotty Kleenex. Disgusting.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Either way, had they kept social gatherings limited to smaller groups through the late summer and fall and actually ENFORCED fines then people might have taken it a bit more seriously and it wouldn't have spread as quickly.

Thats where im at with this. They come out last week saying we have to lockdown to keep the economy alive. Few days later, announce that peace officers will have more enforcement capability. Yet not a single fine at the mask protests or at shopping malls where there's fist fights, and cops chasing kids off of pond hockey? Christmas gatherings are going to happen regardless, why not try to get numbers down as low as possible up to that week?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I haven’t seen a single other person in my condo building wearing a mask in the last four days. Sometimes I wish there was a snitch line. This morning a guy got on the elevator with me without a mask and was obviously sniffling etc, and then pushed the button with a snotty Kleenex. Disgusting.
    Just bring a spray can of lysol and blast him in the face

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

How are you going to strictly enforce social gatherings though? Calgary doesn't have enough bylaw officers to roam neighborhoods 24/7 (if people were actually foolish enough to answer their doors for bylaw) and actual police have better things to do. If you're thinking the neighbors are going to snitch on each other, most know they will have to live next to their neighbors when this is all over.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Nenshi said last week to call 311 and police non emerg line for snitching.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    What I think is that if JK wants to protect retail so much he should just pony up some cash to help them survive for 2 - 4 weeks instead. If all businesses were closed aside from takeout and grocery and all people stayed home then perhaps cases would come down, and the retail sector probably would feel much better knowing the govt had their backs with some cash to help them pay rent/employees during that time. The budget update earmarked 3.5 B for covid where that money going? The UCP seem to be relying on the federal govt providing all the money to support businesses.
    JK/UCP doesn't have money, it's our $ and we are broke AF.

Lock down is a lot easier to call when Feds are paying for it.

Here's the reason why there are so many unknown cases.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-30-2020 at 12:16 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    It's a bit 2 early to call but from what this weekend looks like, I don't think the latest 2 rounds of "recommendation" will do anything to keep cases down.

I think people who cares already followed the recommendations for months now. And people that who don't are the ones that won't start listening just because you flash and alerts on TV and phones.

I see almost 0 chances of the % infected will go down over the next few weeks. If we level off at 10%, I'll call that a win.
    Come in dude - it isn't even close to enough time to draw any conclusions. People who show symptoms today almost certainly got it prior to Friday.

Now, do I believe the latest measures will have any effect? You are surely right in saying that largely those who are being careful now were being careful before. But I think the government allowing more policing, and issuing fines (barely) might be enough to sway some from avoiding social gatherings. I also think keeping grade 7+ out of the schools will make a bit difference.

But you are ultimately correct no matter how you look at it; most who didn't care earlier probably still don't now. Thats why I get so infuriated by the whole anti-mask, anti-vax crowd. No, it ISN'T your right to infect me and my family, and all the restrictions you are bitching about are often of your own cause. It's fucking ludicrous.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    How are you going to strictly enforce social gatherings though? Calgary doesn't have enough bylaw officers to roam neighborhoods 24/7 (if people were actually foolish enough to answer their doors for bylaw) and actual police have better things to do. If you're thinking the neighbors are going to snitch on each other, most know they will have to live next to their neighbors when this is all over.
    Enforce where you can. Hammer the idiots at these antimask protests and malls so you make a point for those that think about having social gatherings... I dont expect cops to knock at doors but man alive fine the bozos that are directly asking for it in a public setting

That is fucking disgusting. Sounds like you need to keep a bottle of hand sanitizer with you all the time if you live in a condo.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    That is fucking disgusting. Sounds like you need to keep a bottle of hand sanitizer with you all the time if you live in a condo.
    Yep I’ve put small bottles of sani in the pockets of both my coats, in both my personal vehicles, both my company vehicles and my backpack.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Enforce where you can. Hammer the idiots at these antimask protests and malls so you make a point for those that think about having social gatherings... I dont expect cops to knock at doors but man alive fine the bozos that are directly asking for it in a public setting
    People are allowed to be at the mall though, it's restricted to 25% capacity but the mall has to count entrants and manage access. Unless you want to lock all the doors, have bylaw count the people in the mall, then randomly choose some people to ticket if the count is over. Or should the province tell the mall and all the business there that they have to close, no money, so sorry. Because if you're going to give the UCP grief for not doing that, you can lump Nenshi in there too because the city has that power as well.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    ute

Tell the mall they have to manage it, or else they close their doors. They will figure it out fast.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

oh nenshi is 100% lumped..

Are some businesses exempt to the 25% capacity rule? I was at Costco, Canadian Tire, CO-OP and Safeway on the weekend and there were no lineups and the stores were busy inside. I was expecting massive lines. This was Saturday afternoon which I assume to be peak time for most of those places, especially Costco.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

25% of a large number is still a large number
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Are some businesses exempt to the 25% capacity rule? I was at Costco, Canadian Tire, CO-OP and Safeway on the weekend and there were no lineups and the stores were busy inside. I was expecting massive lines. This was Saturday afternoon which I assume to be peak time for most of those places, especially Costco.
    I just hope no more provinces enact an 'essential-only' item purchase restrictions like communist manitoba.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/how-mani...ping-1.5202108

The store’s staff are located throughout the Walmart and at checkouts in order to ensure customers are only buying the essentials.
    Need a new coffee machine? Nope too dangerous to purchase and non-essential, only allowed to purchase what the government says.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Had to stop by Southcenter on Saturday (which wasn't ideal) went in to 1 store, grabbed my shit and GTFO.... but the mall was packed. Food court packed. Couple mouth breathers (literally) with no masks inside. Store made me sanitize upon entry and that was it. No security, nobody checking occupancy, seemed like a regular busy Saturday.

Based on this Xmas is fucked and cases aren't going down.

Will be interesting how many people still have Xmas gatherings even if they're not allowed. And WTF is the City going to do about it anyways?

Page 562 of 985 FirstFirst ... 552 561 562 563 572 ... LastLast