Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 281 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 281 of 985 FirstFirst ... 271 280 281 282 291 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,620 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Its obvious there are 2 camps - the ones that think 'government knows whats best' and defer asking questions, and then ones who think 'government does not know best' and are asking questions.

The Nova Scotia massacre is one likely example of a person on edge, who lost their shit because of the C19 overreaction. The media and the RCMP are not revealing the motive at all, which is odd - even though neighbours have stated that he was on edge before the C19 debacle began.
    Last edited by revelations; 04-27-2020 at 10:20 AM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

So waterworks leaves letters on everyone’s door steps asking for access to our clean outs... due to a cross connection concern (on a street where infrastructure was put in in 1978!)... obviously ignored that, first off... quarantine... but second, they’re basically asking to cam our sewer lines... so they want to drag a poop covered camera through every fucking house on this street???

So clearly I ignore that request.

Today I look out the window... 5, fucking 5 city workers standing around a manhole... great social distancing guys!

Name:  DBA3CF03-63D4-4EE7-ABDC-8584D336F567.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  28.3 KB

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its obvious there are 2 camps - the ones that think 'government knows whats best' and defer asking questions, and then ones who think 'government does not know best' and are asking questions.
    This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Today I look out the window... 5, fucking 5 city workers standing around a manhole... great social distancing guys!
    Meh, this happens now more often than you think.
    Last edited by jutes; 04-27-2020 at 10:17 AM.

"government" are just people that take advice from experts. You can be sure that behind the scenes, "government" are asking just as many questions as you all before deciding on these things. Believe it or not, they do have an interest in helping the overall population and managing this pandemic the best way they can.

Do you guys think this is all some nefarious secret grand scheme to tax us more, redistribute wealth, and control our lives further?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    "government" are just people that take advice from experts.
    lol, that could be the funniest thing I will read all week.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

now that we know that COVID seems to accumulate in the testicles....anyone else's balls started to hurt?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This guy gets it..
    It took years of seeing how government works and thinks, to get cynical about government actions.

For eg. when I was working at Air Canada/YVR (6 months after 9/11) the fliberals instituted a 'security' tax on airports - which at first it seemed logical, but then (as an employee) I saw the lack of new security for non-travelers, and the asinine way the money was being flowed INTO general revenue directly.

Its was all a farce (still is) and theatre designed to a) make money for the fliberals and b) instill compliance in the traveling public.

BTW - its not just governments that I dont trust, pretty much any large organization (eg. large corporations).

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I envy you looking at the world so simplistically. So much less energy spent on cognitive functioning.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

"government" are just people that take advice from experts. You can be sure that behind the scenes, "government" are asking just as many questions as you all before deciding on these things. Believe it or not, they do have an interest in helping the overall population and managing this pandemic the best way they can.

Do you guys think this is all some nefarious secret grand scheme to tax us more, redistribute wealth, and control our lives further?
    The governments care about various things in order of priority:

1) OPTICS (we need to appear to be doing something) , this is why government do a knee jerk reaction and why short term gain for long term pain, decisions are made
    2) RE-ELECTION (we need to be reelected for ever)
    3) REVENUE

Its not a PC or an NDP or a liberal thing, most are the same.

The fliberals WERE TOLD well in advance about this, yet refused to do anything out of optics (ie. we COULD be viewed as racist for shutting down borders/flights out of China).

The AB governments WERE TOLD, that a) the models for danger ARE accurate and b) the models for danger are GUESSES and rely on massively, incorrect assumptions.

Turns out b) was correct.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    I'm aware of moral and what it means, this isn't it. This is unprofessional. Would you be fine with RCMP in NS dancing around the crime scenes, on camera and posting it online? If people are good with medical staff telling you to stay home and live off government bucks because they are so "busy" in hospitals, when we all know ERs are insanely empty right now, then rock on. When wifey worked in ER, years ago before all this started, not once did she have time to dance around and post garbage like this. These people are mocking the public, that's how I see it. I'm probably wrong, but who cares in the grand scheme of things, I'm booking my tee time for May.
    1) This is not a fair comparison. Hospitals =/ crime scenes.

2) Morale matters. Most of the people need a pick me up every now and then.

3) Your worldview is very angry, dude. Seriously.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    now that we know that COVID seems to accumulate in the testicles....anyone else's balls started to hurt?
    When you got married these should have been placed on the mantle like everyone other married mans balls.

The fliberals WERE TOLD well in advance about this, yet refused to do anything out of optics (ie. we COULD be viewed as racist for shutting down borders/flights out of China).
    How'd shutting down flights from China work out for Italy and the U.S. when they did it at the end of January?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    How'd shutting down flights from China work out for Italy and the U.S. when they did it at the end of January?
    Canada = /= Italy. Please dont compare apples to oranges. We have a completely different systems of society, government, culture, among other vast differences.

There was a chance to 'flatten' the spread here and the experts advised the liberals as such - yet they chose to ignore the advise. Now, thanks to their willful negligence, the people were asked to take on that role.

You dont see the obvious hypocrisy?

This has been the fliberal theme for decades - "rules of basic ethics and common sense conduct do not apply to us" - only to citizens, who must do as they are told.
    Last edited by revelations; 04-27-2020 at 11:50 AM.

My Ride
    4x4

"government" are just people that take advice from partisan political appointees.
    Fixed it for you.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I envy you looking at the world so simplistically. So much less energy spent on cognitive functioning.
    No, the world is not simple by any means - I was referring to the populous with regards to a government trust level with regards to this specific narrative (C19).

The problem is they have more interest in good optics. Because government's number one priority above doing right by the people, is ensuring they are still the government after next election. So if the world has convinced itself we need lockdown, despite what science says, then no government is going to go against the grain and risk pissing off a bunch of Karen's

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    "government" are just people that hear advice from partisan political appointees.
    Fixed again. "Taking" advice implies they actually use the advise.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Fixed again. "Taking" advice implies they actually use the advise.
    I realized I should have included "of questionable related education /experience" but...

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Sound like 1 person per golf cart and social distancing is still need to be practiced.

With all the meat plant outbreaks, I think we will be lucky if we can follow suit 2 weeks behind Sask (and probably should anyway to see how bad they get 1st)
    What are the golfing guidelines in BC? Some courses have been open for a couple weeks.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Yes. The virus is definitely a real and genuine threat but absolutely our Government is taking the opportunity to do all of these things. Their grasps for unfettered power have been publicly highlighted and partially thwarted, the taxation scheme that results from this will likely be legendary as well.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 281 of 985 FirstFirst ... 271 280 281 282 291 ... LastLast