Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 832 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 832 of 985 FirstFirst ... 822 831 832 833 842 ... LastLast
Results 16,621 to 16,640 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vote for Killr'

I don't really care if it sounds insensitive but when 80% of the people in ICU are anti-vaxers, fuck em.
    I have made no bones about being pissed off with the anti-vax crowd. And generally speaking, I would agree. I'm so sick and tired of the BS excuses which *generally* don't hold up against facts whatsoever.

However, actually taking this stance brings up so many other questions. Do we cut off care for smokers? Overweight people? Someone who hurt themselves doing a dangerous recreational sport? Do we use a rolling risk scale where we care for people only if their "risk score" falls below a certain level? And furthermore, they pay their taxes the same as you and I, so why would they be expected to get less services for their tax dollar?

I think as Canada we are bound to care for these people. I watched on the news last night the doctors admitting they are losing (ie: They have lost) compassion for these patients in ICU. One actually said they are now receiving requests by their patients in ICU to get vaxxed, which I found pretty funny. It's a little late by that point.

Polio polio... where art thou polio? Oh right... we were all vaccinated from it as children, without incident. Fancy that.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I have made no bones about being pissed off with the anti-vax crowd. And generally speaking, I would agree. I'm so sick and tired of the BS excuses which *generally* don't hold up against facts whatsoever.

However, actually taking this stance brings up so many other questions. Do we cut off care for smokers? Overweight people? Someone who hurt themselves doing a dangerous recreational sport? Do we use a rolling risk scale where we care for people only if their "risk score" falls below a certain level? And furthermore, they pay their taxes the same as you and I, so why would they be expected to get less services for their tax dollar?

I think as Canada we are bound to care for these people. I watched on the news last night the doctors admitting they are losing (ie: They have lost) compassion for these patients in ICU. One actually said they are now receiving requests by their patients in ICU to get vaxxed, which I found pretty funny. It's a little late by that point.

Polio polio... where art thou polio? Oh right... we were all vaccinated from it as children, without incident. Fancy that.
    Your examples didn't push the ICU limitations this quickly.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Slippery slope argument aside, exactly this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The main saving grace is that it's not like these clients can go to another establishment. So the main question would be how many of them are willing to just give up the gym completely to avoid showing vaccination proof? It's probably not that many. Maybe a few have the space and resources to just do it at home.

lol. oh brother.
    I said most,

I don’t know one person that isn’t vaccinated.

You can’t teach stupid.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

We are in a slippery slope situation already. Every possible government action or inaction is a slippery slope to something now.

The health care system we have in place cannot handle this. It will have to be changed in some manner, and any change to that will offend a great number of people. I don't even know what I'd do if I was emperor here. Glad I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

That's true, but the actual action taken is an individual one.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, and anticipating the perspective from the anti-vax side. They would argue that they should not be penalized for the actions of others, and any punishments when it comes to care should only be based on their own actions, if at all. And in that respect, there is a case to be made. Keep in mind that these people aren't exactly following a course of logic and sound reasoning. Give them a complaint to make about the way they are being treated, and you can rest assured they'll cause a stink about it.

My Ride
    V8s

Yes, that ideally would be the case. Obviously this is easier said than done.

On a different, but related note, do you think smokers pay the same amount in tax as non-smokers?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    We are in a slippery slope situation already. Every possible government action or inaction is a slippery slope to something now.

The health care system we have in place cannot handle this. It will have to be changed in some manner, and any change to that will offend a great number of people. I don't even know what I'd do if I was emperor here. Glad I'm not.
    Bring in the Thunderdome!

My Ride
    ute

I’m not worried about anything.

However ICU admission stats are the line in the sand we are determined not to cross, and the unvaccinated are massively and disproportionately affecting those stats. Because of those people and their backwards choices now I am inconvenienced in my day to day life.

I say we target all future measures exclusively towards the unvaccinated. Cause meet effect.

The most direct way to prevent the unvaccinated from clogging up the ICU is to not let the unvaccinated into the ICU. Instead I say we triage all the morons to the Covid tent where they can receive minimum standard of care. If the unvaccinated don’t care about their health outcomes why should I.
    Canadians are a lot of things.

But primarily they are people incapable of making the right choice if it is a hard choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bring in the Thunderdome!
    Not the worst option.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

When those other conditions/activities over run the healthcare system and when they can be virtually cured or eliminated by taking a needle we can talk about those other topics as well.

(edit: I realize you're speaking for the dumb anti-vaxers)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    With stats like 4% of those who catch covid are hospitalized, or 1% make it into the ICU, you really shouldn't be worried to begin with.

52,000 will be hospitalized. 13,000 will be in ICU based on this math for the unvaccinated pop assuming Delta burns thru every one of them like in India.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-16-2021 at 09:07 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

That's true, but the actual action taken is an individual one.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, and anticipating the perspective from the anti-vax side. They would argue that they should not be penalized for the actions of others, and any punishments when it comes to care should only be based on their own actions, if at all. And in that respect, there is a case to be made. Keep in mind that these people aren't exactly following a course of logic and sound reasoning. Give them a complaint to make about the way they are being treated, and you can rest assured they'll cause a stink about it.
    I feel ya.

'The actions of others' = unvaccinated people are filling up the ICU beds. Sounds like it's a lose-lose argument here.

Self-care arguments only work if you don't depend on healthcare and/or contribute to it. Since we are in a society that isn't privatized health care, play your part or GTFO.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Increase taxes on smokes to a value that covers off cost of healthcare on said patients. Quick google search says it costs Canada $6.5B a year.

My Ride
    ute

This whole publicly funded universal health care thing is going awesome!

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    52,000 will be hospitalized. 13,000 will be in ICU based on this math for the unvaccinated pop assuming Delta burns thru every one of them like in India.
    Kenney was asked last night when he thinks the restrictions will be over or perhaps it was when the 4th wave will be over, and he said when the virus has no more hosts to infect.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If only there was a system where an individuals “risk score” could be tied directly to their costs and availability for healthcare procedures.

Baby steps though, fatties and smokers aren’t currently preventing me from living my life so they aren’t my focus.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Kenney was asked last night when he thinks the restrictions will be over or perhaps it was when the 4th wave will be over, and he said when the virus has no more hosts to infect.
    Like India. But it never ends for them either, just subsided. If you look at their death counts, it never dropped back to the pre wave 3 days.

Again, I have no problem for people to have choices. But we should also have a choice in not letting those choices ruining our collective lives.

This half ass vaccine passport check won't help our businesses and won't stop anything since there is no proof like BC/QC where it's verified against a dataset. It's just lip service.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

The vaxxed vs. anti-vaxx sentiment this time around is way more prominent than the previous waves, that's for sure. And understandably so.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This half ass vaccine passport check won't help our businesses and won't stop anything since there is no proof like BC/QC where it's verified against a dataset. It's just lip service.
    This

Page 832 of 985 FirstFirst ... 822 831 832 833 842 ... LastLast