Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 374 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 374 of 985 FirstFirst ... 364 373 374 375 384 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just can’t stand people
    Rep added

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    So, you're going to stick it to shitty hall by punishing local business. That makes sense. I hope your curbing business sees the same fate as those businesses.

Why are you taking out your frustrations about human psychology on finboy?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Can we have a bylaw to force people to wash their hands after touching their penis?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

BC has put in some work on their COVID strategies

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/dise...vid-19-and-sex

Use barriers, like walls (e.g., glory holes), that allow for sexual contact but prevent close face-to-face contact.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Can we have a bylaw to force people to wash their hands after touching their penis?
    You'll just get a bunch of people who say they don't touch their penis, so why need to wash hands?
    Besides, if you are eating a greek salad later anyways, you won't notice the dick cheese smell on your hands.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.
    The issue with this reasoning is that it ignores the people that wear masks incorrectly or don masks in an unhygenic way, therefore actually potentially increasing infection.

Also, if people wear masks they feel more comfortable being closer to people, therefore there may be unintended consequences. Also, you can get the virus through your eyes, so masks will not protect you from that, nor from breathing it in unless its a N95+

Theres a reason why physicians (incl Dr Hinshaw) seem to be on the fence about mandatory masks. It's not the silver bullet that everyone thinks it is. It can do more harm than good in some instances. This is just like everything else, there are ups and downs to their use.
    Last edited by OTown; 07-21-2020 at 11:54 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    The issue with this reasoning is that it ignores the people that wear masks incorrectly or don masks in an unhygenic way, therefore actually potentially increasing infection.

Also, if people wear masks they feel more comfortable being closer to people, therefore there may be unintended consequences. Also, you can get the virus through your eyes, so masks will not protect you from that, nor from breathing it in unless its a N95+

Theres a reason why physicians (incl Dr Hinshaw) seem to be on the fence about mandatory masks. It's not the silver bullet that everyone thinks it is. It can do more harm than good in some instances. This is just like everything else, there are ups and downs to their use.
    Are you claiming that the adoption of masks en masse will result in an increase in transmission?

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Are you claiming that the adoption of masks en masse will result in an increase in transmission?
    No, I am saying that some people feel invincible wearing masks or being around people with masks - but the reality is that miss-use or unhygenic use of masks coupled with people lowering their guard may lead to infections.

Case in point, here are some of the guidelines in their use to be effective. Do you honestly think people are going to follow all of these? I personally know lots of people in the hospital/health care setting that say the way everyday people wear/don masks leads to cross contamination and make them basically useless.

How to wear a cloth face mask:

The CDC recommends that you wear a cloth face mask when you're around people who don't live with you and in public settings when social distancing is difficult.

Here are a few pointers for putting on and taking off a cloth mask:

Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on and taking off your mask.
    Place your mask over your mouth and nose.
    Tie it behind your head or use ear loops and make sure it's snug.
    Don't touch your mask while wearing it.
    If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.
    If your mask becomes wet or dirty, switch to a clean one. Put the used mask in a sealable bag until you can wash it.
    Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
    Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.
    Regularly wash your mask with soap and water by hand or in the washing machine. It's fine to launder it with other clothes.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449
    Last edited by OTown; 07-22-2020 at 12:16 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    No, I am saying that some people feel invincible wearing masks or being around people with masks - but the reality is that miss-use or unhygenic use of masks coupled with people lowering their guard may lead to infections.

Case in point, here are some of the guidelines in their use to be effective. Do you honestly think people are going to follow all of these? I personally know lots of people in the hospital/health care setting that say the way everyday people wear/don masks leads to cross contamination and make them basically useless.
    If you don't think that transmission will go up, then what is your beef?

There's no issue with transmissions or infections going up. That's the whole point to let a human's immunity fight against it. Build immunity not hide from something that is inevitable that you'll get it. Why wear an ineffective slave muzzle and become a bubble boy that weakens a person's immunity response and thus get sick from every such thing and reduce the amount of blood oxygen that harm's someone's immune response?

Infections are going up predictably because of the re-openings, yet deaths are falling. Death rates are less than 1%, and even that is likely high because of all the false fudging of numbers, and labeling deaths as Covid, Doctors being pressured to list deaths as Covid. Quarantining the healthy is tyranny. The proper response is to lock down nursing homes and provide services to elderly and let everyone else build immunity.

The Slave Muzzle is to make people have fear, fear that they will die, fear that nothing will be safe, that this will be ongoing forever, so thus Businesses will further be affected, people will lose their jobs, get evicted, be suicidal, and rely on government for them to pay them money for not working. The slave muzzle is to see how far people will accept something. The slave muzzle is not science backed, but you have medical people in political positions to enforce medical tyranny on people.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    There's no issue with transmissions or infections going up. That's the whole point to let a human's immunity fight against it. Build immunity not hide from something that is inevitable that you'll get it. Why wear an ineffective slave muzzle and become a bubble boy that weakens a person's immunity response and thus get sick from every such thing and reduce the amount of blood oxygen that harm's someone's immune response?

Infections are going up predictably because of the re-openings, yet deaths are falling. Death rates are less than 1%, and even that is likely high because of all the false fudging of numbers, and labeling deaths as Covid, Doctors being pressured to list deaths as Covid. Quarantining the healthy is tyranny. The proper response is to lock down nursing homes and provide services to elderly and let everyone else build immunity.

The Slave Muzzle is to make people have fear, fear that they will die, fear that nothing will be safe, that this will be ongoing forever, so thus Businesses will further be affected, people will lose their jobs, get evicted, be suicidal, and rely on government for them to pay them money for not working. The slave muzzle is to see how far people will accept something. The slave muzzle is not science backed, but you have medical people in political positions to enforce medical tyranny on people.
    Were you at the anti-mask rally?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    Were you at the anti-mask rally?
    What's the Slave Muzzle it mentioned? Is there a new dialect of Mongoloid that refers to masks as that?!?
    Holy fuck, that's the funniest thing I'll hear all day and it's plenty early!
    RoFL!!
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 07-22-2020 at 06:38 AM.

So you probably are against seat belts, are pro-life, don't heed any road signage/signals, are an anti-vaxxer and most likely do not wear a PPE on job sites where it's required because all of those things are in a way quarantining people by your definition.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Slave muzzles involve a madam and not a cloth mask.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

new slogan from the city hall, bring out the gimp!

Whether masks work or not is irrelevant at this point. Virtually everybody will get this near harmless virus at some point. What matters is if we can give enough false sense of security to the masses that it is politically palatable to get this damn economy rolling again. If masks is the freedom we need to submit, so that we can give other people the freedom back to go to work, then so be it.

My Ride
    Exploded.

The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.
    Thanks for a new sig.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

When this is all over I wonder if there will be any studies on the damage to mental health that has occurred and what the injury / death totals look like from suicides, domestic abuse, addiction issues, etc.? In an average year Alberta loses one person to every 7200 residents to suicide. At this point we're at one death per 25,000 for Covid and those deaths are almost entirely the over age 60 group with the majority being over 80. This overbearing fear narrative WILL scar society for a generation. If you think telling the children of world right now that they have to hide from their friends, be scared to go out and must wear a mask or the Covids will get you won't have a lasting perversion to their personalities then I don't know what to tell you.

There ARE some things kids and people in general need to be scared of, things like poor mental and physical health, a lack of education and of course the NDP (okay, maybe that last one was half joking) but teaching society that the reasonable and measured response to a 1 in 25,000 chance that your 87 year old Grandma is going to die eight months earlier than she would have anyway is baffling. It feels like people continue to push the fear narrative because they just love the drama. I can't find any of these people in real life, why does there seem to be so many of them online?
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 07-22-2020 at 09:37 AM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    You'll just get a bunch of people who say they don't touch their penis, so why need to wash hands?
    Besides, if you are eating a greek salad later anyways, you won't notice the dick cheese smell on your hands.
    I believe a happy medium could be using biodegradable disposable chopsticks to touch your penis in public settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

At the very least, I'm hoping this life-changing event teaching kids to not be as disgusting as most adults, and wash their fucking hands regularly, and not coughing/sneezing into other people's direction, like everyone should have been doing their entire lives, but don't.

Page 374 of 985 FirstFirst ... 364 373 374 375 384 ... LastLast