Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 825 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 825 of 985 FirstFirst ... 815 824 825 826 835 ... LastLast
Results 16,481 to 16,500 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Alberta pays better than BC. BC is suffering a mass exodus of nurses because of it, so even with less COVID ICUs they’re running into the exact same issues as we are. I don’t know if they’re running off to Alberta though.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sounds like they must have a provincial government that "attacks the public sector", amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Sounds like they must have a provincial government that "attacks the public sector", amirite?
    It’s silly rhetoric from social media to msm. It’s bizarre because Alberta has been way more open with data, so we don’t actually know what’s happening half the time in BC. They just leaked last week that BC has been canceling surgeries for the last month. No announcements made publicly, just a month old leaked memo before they admitted to it.

I dunno what’s worse, giving out the data for people to attack on, or hiding it completely.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I have a fun situation right now as far as access to different sides of information in our world. My GF is an RN in the ICU at the biggest/busiest hospital in the Province (SK for those just tuning in) so dealing with Covid cases regularly, my next door neighbours are each Doctors working in the environment, one of my longtime friends works in media relations for the healthcare Union and my other longtime friends father in law is an MLA with pretty direct input from the political side. Funny how NONE of them agree on the cause of the current problems in the Covid healthcare system. Especially on why/how nurses/doctors are burning out/"leaving"/etc.

My take is even more solid than it was before - our entire healthcare system needs to burn to the ground. It is an unmanageable mess of bureaucracy, half-truths, deceptions and posturing.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 09-14-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Lol I got neg repped responding to SportEL
    Even associating with him gets you red.
    LoL! That sounds like something I would do, but it wasn't me. I Promises!
    Here's a +Rep to even prove it! You and me - we're in this together!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I have a fun situation right now as far as access to different sides of information in our world. My GF is an RN in the ICU at the biggest/busiest hospital in the Province (SK for those just tuning in) so dealing with Covid cases regularly, my next door neighbours are each Doctors working in the environment, one of my longtime friends works in media relations for the healthcare Union and my other longtime friends father in law is an MLA with pretty direct input from the political side. Funny how NONE of them agree on the cause of the current problems in the Covid healthcare system. Especially on why/how nurses/doctors are burning out/"leaving"/etc.

My take is even more solid than it was before - our entire healthcare system needs to burn to the ground. It is an unmanageable mess of bureaucracy, half-truths, deceptions and posturing.
    Oh, but if you're Duaner you can just "prefer to focus on the data". It's simple, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    4 years to train an RN. 8+ years to train a doctor.

And people still think icu capacity scaling is as easy as flipping on an AWS instance.
    They already hired the extra 1,000, as per your precious CBC. Try to have a less shit argument.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    They already hired the extra 1,000, as per your precious CBC. Try to have a less shit argument.
    Without diving into detail utilization, there are 25000 RNs in AHS and vacancy rate is 7% at end of July. That 1000 doesn't cover vacancy.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/ahs-had-...ages-1.5548084

Now, I'm not sure how much of this is basically union doing their thing. But disturbing labor peace at this time is the dumbest policy ever.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-14-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post

I'm in a similar position here in AB.

The most entitled group of workers? Nurses.

One of my best friends is a Respiratory Therapist in the ICU dealing hands on with Covid all day everyday, she has said on multiple occasions its not near as bad as the media is portraying.
    She is also sick of the Nurses whining.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I'm in a similar position here in AB.

The most entitled group of workers? Nurses.

One of my best friends is a Respiratory Therapist in the ICU dealing hands on with Covid all day everyday, she has said on multiple occasions its not near as bad as the media is portraying.
    She is also sick of the Nurses whining.
    Viewpoints within the nurses themselves are certainly not consistent (which should come as no surprise to anyone) but their take on why burnout is happening, why they are "short" on nurses, etc. is pretty interesting. However common sense solutions are not tenable in Union/Gov't environments, they are fought just as vigorously on either side (back to posturing).

I wish codetrap or whoever were here now to tell us how stupid we are re: Unions and AHS again just to add more spice to the mix. I realize my take is OOP but the environment will be pretty similar overall.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I’m surprised to read BC has more than double the ICU capacity of AB with 500k more people.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    I’m surprised to read BC has more than double the ICU capacity of AB with 500k more people.
    Back in Apr, they were at 80% with 125 in ICU. At 160-170ish, that's slight less than AB. So how did they double AB's in the 4 months since?

https://vancouversun.com/health/loca...staff-not-beds
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-14-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    Also this.

Wasn't the message at the start of Covid to flatten the curve and allow AHS to increase capacity to handle the rush of patients?

Where are we on that? (genuine question)

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Back in Apr, they were at 80% with 125 in ICU. At 160-170ish, that's slight less than AB. So how did they double AB's in the 4 months since?

Probably a poorly writing article on my side (can’t remember what I searched) it stated 510 available. I’m guessing this was a combined total set aside for covid (including acute)??

Your numbers would make a lot more sense. It’s bloody hard to know what numbers to go by anymore. Even during the press events, they seem to vary.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

it is not all about covid ... ICU deals with more then mouthbreathers with covid what other services are not happening because of covid.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Also this.

Wasn't the message at the start of Covid to flatten the curve and allow AHS to increase capacity to handle the rush of patients?

https://cna-aiic.ca/en/news-room/new...as-rn-shortage

While it's basically an union mouth piece - CNA predicted Canada will be 60k nurses short by 2022.... in 2009.

The resource pool is finite, regardless what the admins will tell you. At this point, you can only use $ to poach from each other, making cost higher for everyone in the long term.

And you wonder why $30/shot is way cheaper.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Also this.

Just 2 more years to flatten the curve!

Without diving into detail utilization, there are 25000 RNs in AHS and vacancy rate is 7% at end of July. That 1000 doesn't cover vacancy.

Now, I'm not sure how much of this is basically union doing their thing. But disturbing labor peace at this time is the dumbest policy ever.
    Good for us then that anyone who has entered nursing in the past decade must have a full time job and is rapidly rising through the thin ranks.

Or its a bunch of BS. I bet any organization has 5% vacancy rate at any given time.

As someone with asthma and dealing with the health system lately, I can assure you that what is happening in hospitals is no different than what happens everyday, especially now that people are vaccinated.

My whole point is, this argument is stupid. Anybody that wants to become a nurse, can become a nurse, and based on every other chick appearing to be one, I'd say they are churning them out.

I'm not downplaying the fact that covid is serious, or that the gov isn't stupid, lets just be on the same page that AHS and the nurses union are playing the game, and these numbers are largely bullshit.

When people start dying of immediately fatal issues (heart attack) due to covid congestion at the hospital, THEN we are over capacity.

This is a pandemic. We all need to work through it. Healthcare will be compromised, but it will almost certainly be good enough. Its not like these nurses stand at the foot of a persons bed 24/7 monitoring them, this isn't some insurmountable problem even if they were short staffed.

We have actually done all of the things we haven't wanted (vax, lockdown, ridiculous mask wearing, general isolation) and it seems to have gotten us nowhere. Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Where in that one year old article does it say they hired an extra 1000? All I see is a quote from kenney back in April 2020 (16 months ago) saying it could be expanded to 1000 beds if necessary. 16 months later doesn’t seem like much progress has been made and we are still around 272 icu beds in the province. Try reading your own links closer

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Where in that one year old article
    You're an idiot, maybe you clicked the wrong link? Try again, the CBC article is from July of this year doofus.

This thread is spicy

Page 825 of 985 FirstFirst ... 815 824 825 826 835 ... LastLast