Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 379 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 379 of 985 FirstFirst ... 369 378 379 380 389 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,580 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We had a vaccine for that one.
    No, we eventually got a vaccine for it. Prior to that the US closed the border to Mexico, and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Swine flu killed 20k world wide. COVID19 took 615K so far in just 6 months.

From Canada perspective, it's 309 vs 8800, just to give up the magnitude of difference. And vaccine was ready in about 6-7months from start of outbreak if memory serves me correctly.

Its ability to quickly spread into vulnerable pocket of population is why we are on high alert. The same reason we were concerned about 2003 SARS but that only killed 774 and has considered lucky it didn't spread as quick.

20k(believed to be underreported, researchers estimate it to be more like 100k-200k, CDC estimates it at 100k-500k) healthy people, vs 600k(known inflated number) that were about to die anyway is a big difference for sure.

SARS is another one we literally did nothing for. It just went away fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    From a post shared on FB. Whether or not Dr. Fauci actually said this, it does raise some good points:
    There's your first clue, followed by the obvious Karen grammer and CAPITALIZATION

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    There's your first clue, followed by the obvious Karen grammer and CAPITALIZATION
    What "obvious Karen grammer [sic]" and what "CAPITALIZATION" do you have an issue with?

Of course, no actual intellectual engagement with the substance. Makes it much easier to dismiss the points when Karen grammar and capitalization "prove" it wasn't Dr. Fauci who said those things.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    .[*]If our medical community says that they need lockdowns in place in order to manage capacity, then yes, lock things down. Consider that we are having this conversation because the lockdowns worked; if they didn't, we would be having a very different conversation, no?
    I understand that ZenOps is a troll, but is this guy as well? For someone who espouses to be so knowledgable of all things, he does not appear to understand the basic logical concept of not being able to prove something which can't be measured ie proving a negative.

We have zero, none, no data whatsoever that can lead us to the conclusion that the lockdown "worked".

If you want to make a religious argument out of it in "the professionals know best and can't be wrong" go ahead, even though we have massive amounts of factual evidence they have been wrong continuously on this issue. "A broken clock is right twice a day" is not sound logical thinking.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    I understand that ZenOps is a troll, but is this guy as well? For someone who espouses to be so knowledgable of all things, he does not appear to understand the basic logical concept of not being able to prove something which can't be measured ie proving a negative.

We have zero, none, no data whatsoever that can lead us to the conclusion that the lockdown "worked".

If you want to make a religious argument out of it in "the professionals know best and can't be wrong" go ahead, even though we have massive amounts of factual evidence they have been wrong continuously on this issue. "A broken clock is right twice a day" is not sound logical thinking.
    Proving an intervention worked is not attempting to prove a negative.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Glory Holes endorsed by BC government!

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/dise...aT4A70pcdDF4KM

Steps to protect yourself during sex

Here are some ways to lower the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 during sex with others:

Ask your partner(s) if they’re feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19.
    Before and after sex:
    Wash your body with soap and water.
    Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
    Wash sex toys thoroughly with soap and water before and after use. Do not share them with multiple partners.
    Wear a face covering or mask. Heavy breathing during sex can create more droplets that may transmit COVID-19.
    Avoid or limit kissing and saliva exchange.
    Choose sexual positions that limit face-to-face contact.
    Use barriers, like walls (e.g., glory holes), that allow for sexual contact but prevent close face-to-face contact.
    Using condoms, lubricant, and dental dams may help to further reduce the risk by minimizing contact with saliva, semen and feces during sex.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Mate, you've already established that you're both an idiot and an asshole. Why are you still trying to prove both?

By the way, every time you says dumb shit like "they don't understand basic logical concepts..." your neckbeard grows half an inch. Here's a logical concept for you to wrap your little peanut around: opinions change as new information becomes available. I don't have the same unrealistic expectations that you do (in that if anyone has ever been wrong, they will always be wrong), so I will trust the experts when the situation and data says I should. Like right now.

But whatever, I'm the troll in your little world and I must admit that gives me a small sense of satisfaction.

Zenops is just nuts. A790 does appear to be a troll, as he continually tries to create arguments out of thin air. But part of me thinks he believes his own BS most of the time, so might not be an actual troll, just blindly ignorant.

My Ride
    Axis powers

If you want to KPI the lockdowns

Reduced infection = achieved
    Less deaths = achieved

Now that lockdowns are lifted

Reduced infection = failing
    Less deaths = failing

Seems clear that lockdowns had an impact
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Zenops is just nuts. A790 does appear to be a troll, as he continually tries to create arguments out of thin air. But part of me thinks he believes his own BS most of the time, so might not be an actual troll, just blindly ignorant.
    Totes, one of my fav things to do is call people out on dumb shit and you've been a continuous target because of all the dumb shit you post. You're the definition of all-talker and I kind of love it.

These two things are connected!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post

#1 trending hashtag in Canada was #gloryhole yesterday.

PSA, NSFW if you do search on #gloryhole.

My Ride
    Exploded.

@ercchry and I have the concept restaurants on lock

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    #1 trending hashtag in Canada was #gloryhole yesterday.

PSA, NSFW if you do search on #gloryhole.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Y'all just scrolled on past the "BC Government recommends glory hole use" post, huh. That's absolutely hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post

This confirms what deep down I have always known... I’m on most people’s ignore list

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This confirms what deep down I have always known... I’m on most people’s ignore list
    Welcome to the club

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Lol, more like i can't follow this thread daily, and if you miss it for a day you miss like 6 pages..

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Welcome to the club
    Who said that....... swore I heard something on this page.......

Cos...

My Ride
    Nissan x2

$5 cloth masks at Rexall Pharmacy are probably one of the best fitting, nicest ones I've worn thus far. Plus they come in some sweet colors.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    If you want to KPI the lockdowns

Reduced infection = achieved
    Less deaths = achieved

Now that lockdowns are lifted

Reduced infection = failing
    Less deaths = failing

Seems clear that lockdowns had an impact
    These are what are known as anecdotes without an abundance of other information added to it. It does seem pretty likely that lockdowns work, but violating the first rule of scientific method isn't a great habit to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    $5 cloth masks at Rexall Pharmacy are probably one of the best fitting, nicest ones I've worn thus far. Plus they come in some sweet colors.
    I bought the 3-pack of cloth masks from Costco and I like them as well. I think it was $12. They have a separate section for the chin so it doesn't slip, a stiffer nose piece, and easily adjustable bands. Not a huge fan of the bright colors but it does come with one black one. I'll check out the Rexall ones too though as we go through them pretty fast.

Totes, one of my fav things to do is call people out on dumb shit and you've been a continuous target because of all the dumb shit you post. You're the definition of all-talker and I kind of love it.

These two things are connected!
    I'm well aware that your mental handicap causes you to call out things you don't have a handle on. That's ok though, you do you.

Page 379 of 985 FirstFirst ... 369 378 379 380 389 ... LastLast