Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 363 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 363 of 985 FirstFirst ... 353 362 363 364 373 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You get this little bit of genius from QAnon, bud?
    Did you miss the post my sarcastic reply was to? Or you just trolling again? Bud

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Just noodling on the possibility but any chance the next Nobel Prize will be COVID-19 related since it's the biggest thing to happen in a while?
    Only if the guy with a cure all influenza vaccine is successful. Does Nobel still mean anything these day?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I don't mean for this to sound incentive but I don't quite get the US death count and hoping someone can help me understand it. Infection rates are skyrocketing as we know. Deaths still only seem to be sub-1000 a day. I get there is a lag, but I am just surprised it isn't climbing. Malicious? Mis-count? Delayed due to the infections? It just seems that the infections v. death spread seems to be increasing.
    Cos...

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Did you miss the post my sarcastic reply was to? Or you just trolling again? Bud
    Hey, they wrote an article about you loonies. Check it out, bud: https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/13...piracy-theory/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    I don't mean for this to sound incentive but I don't quite get the US death count and hoping someone can help me understand it. Infection rates are skyrocketing as we know. Deaths still only seem to be sub-1000 a day. I get there is a lag, but I am just surprised it isn't climbing. Malicious? Mis-count? Delayed due to the infections? It just seems that the infections v. death spread seems to be increasing.
    When more of the infections are younger healthier people, death rate goes down. That's how I read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/h...y-testing.html
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

1) Most of the infected people are primarily 20's and 30's which had a much lower mortality rate the whole time. Part of this is due to 'oh I'm young and healthy, this virus won't affect me' mentality shared by some beyonders. But eventually they'll spread it to family or others

2) Treatments for covid are getting much better. A person infected today has a higher chance of survival than in March because doctors are better learning what works and what doesn't since this is a new virus they've never dealt with before.

3) I don't believe all the US numbers are accurate tbh ... there's lots of states trying to push hard that covid doesn't matter and want to keep reopening. I wouldn't be surprised if at least some counties are avoiding marking a death as covid related unless they have to. I.e. you have lung cancer, catch covid and die, well they'll mark the cause of death as the long cancer rather than covid even though they may have had another year to live or something.

4) most of the spike in infections is from the past 3 weeks and it takes time for the hospital occupancy to catch up. Many places are now hitting 100% ICU capacity which means we'll see more people get insufficient treatment and thus possibly more deaths.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I mean, if you cut the entire population into three groups 1) Healthy, 2) Vulnerable and 3) Extremely vulnerable, I think then that group 3 is totally fuxxored, but really, now that this virus has been circulating for many months, aren't a lot of them dead already? Statistically, places like NYC and Italy, haven't thousands of group 3 already died? Death rates should go down just from that. Plus as mentioned, treatments are getting more effective all the time. Treatment in March was very ineffective.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

There's restaurants in Florida and California giving people free meals if they show their 'patriotism' by not wearing a mask lol.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I mean, if you cut the entire population into three groups 1) Healthy, 2) Vulnerable and 3) Extremely vulnerable, I think then that group 3 is totally fuxxored, but really, now that this virus has been circulating for many months, aren't a lot of them dead already? Statistically, places like NYC and Italy, haven't thousands of group 3 already died? Death rates should go down just from that. Plus as mentioned, treatments are getting more effective all the time. Treatment in March was very ineffective.
    TIL everyone over 65 is dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Phew, dodged that one by a few years.

Guess my mom, dad and mil are zombies then.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Not all of them have read the news.

The best obits are the obits that people write themselves. Never leave it up to your kids, they will mess it up.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Contemplating: Should I actually use my real name instead of the dozen different online aliases. Made many spiteful venom spitting enemies, but also did some crazy good things in my day that people might be willing to throw a bone at on passing.

In general though, it seems to be that no good deed goes unpunished. Even when you try to help someone, they can often take it the wrong way.

Face reveals?
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Florida medical staff getting hit hard. One hospital has 1/4 of their staff on sick leave. Getting bad for sure.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Bicycle

ICU ain't full everywhere until this week. So I think there is a lag and once ICU resources is exhausted, I expect % to climb.

For US death vs confirmed cases is 4% overall, but so far on this run, it's only 1.5%.

Regardless, this sucks for everyone as all movies are delayed again and Hawaii is back to lock down.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post

In general though, it seems to be that no good deed goes unpunished. Even when you try to help someone, they can often take it the wrong way.
    Real Talk from ZenOps.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Hey, they wrote an article about you loonies. Check it out, bud: https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/13...piracy-theory/
    Found one about you too! It's exciting, it's like you're famous. Not by name specifically, but none the less. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3012619/

The whole thing is a bit of a clusterfuck. You have Orlando Health now saying that "Oops, our 98% positive rate is actually 9.4%. Our bad."

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/fo...vid-19-results

"The report showed that Orlando Health had a 98 percent positivity rate. However, when FOX 35 News contacted the hospital, they confirmed errors in the report. Orlando Health's positivity rate is only 9.4 percent, not 98 percent as in the report."

With all the supposed cases in Florida, their death rate should be blowing every other state out of the water. I suppose time will tell in the next week here. Still nowhere near the New York death rates when the governor was forcing senior homes to take in covid positive seniors and essentially murdering the elderly.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to trust any numbers coming from the US. This whole thing is being massively politicized down there. There is so many discrepancies with the way they count current cases and report deaths.
    Last edited by Misterman; 07-14-2020 at 10:32 PM.

LA considering shutting down completely again.

I'm going to admit that I may have been wrong. A wall at the Canadian border may not be necessary. We seem to be keeping the zombie hordes at bay fairly well just through border guards and beavers.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-15-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Page 363 of 985 FirstFirst ... 353 362 363 364 373 ... LastLast