Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 681 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 681 of 985 FirstFirst ... 671 680 681 682 691 ... LastLast
Results 13,601 to 13,620 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    *The First*

I've seen a few hockey games now with people in the stands. NY and Vegas, I believe. I think Florida and Dallas, too.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Texas is ahead but it seems rather early to be scraping all restrictions. If they wanna open businesses up I guess go for it but I don't see the value is scraping the mask mandate versus waiting another 2 months. Though texas usually is just going to be texas.

Texas population: 29 million
    Texas received at least 1st dose: 3.88 million (13.3%)
    Texas received both doses: 2.07 million (7.1%)

They're moving fast for sure but definitely seems premature to cancel all restrictions when only 13% have received a single dose (and much of that is in the past week or two, and it takes time to build antibodies).

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're moving fast for sure but definitely seems premature to cancel all restrictions when only 13% have received a single dose (and much of that is in the past week or two, and it takes time to build antibodies).
    If people respect science, we won't be in this shit show in the 1st place. And they are not going to start listening now as more jurisdictions are opening up.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Texas lifting mask requirement and all businesses allowed to run at 100% capacity

YOLOOOOOO
    I thought just last month their hospitals were on the brink of collapse and were overrun. Guess it don’t matter no more and life will be back to normal in most parts of US before we even start to consider lifting restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    I thought just last month their hospitals were on the brink of collapse and were overrun. Guess it don’t matter no more and life will be back to normal in most parts of US before we even start to consider lifting restrictions.
    Amazing how vaccines prioritized to the most vulnerable can change the course of a pandemic! Weird huh?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    I’ve seen some stupid restrictions but “ Low-intensity exercises include weightlifting,” is the stupidest fucking thing they could come up with. You can use a treadmill but only up to a power-walk, because running is too infectious. They don’t have a god damn clue what they are doing and it’s no wonder people are getting tired of this bullshit. If only they had provinces they could use for data on Covid transmission and fitness centres.....
    The whole low intensity/high intensity has been copied from other provinces. Our restrictions site categorizes it briefly:

https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-publ...-measures.aspx

High intensity fitness is often focused on cardiovascular activities that have a high depth and rate of respiration.

Examples include: bodybuilding/heavy weightlifting, aerobics, rowing, Zumba, bootcamp, circuit training, cross fit, dance fitness, high intensity interval training, kickboxing, spin, power yoga, swimming etc.
    BC does a much better job of explaining how hard it is to just group everything as low or high, and why it was necessary to do so.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/he...y-exercise.pdf

There is no evidence-based consensus on what differentiates high intensity vs. low intensity group exercise, especially as it relates to the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Separating out activities into specific categories of risk is also challenging because an activity that may be “high intensity” for one individual may be considered “low intensity” for another, depending on their physical fitness.

For the purposes of these guidelines, exercise that generally results in significantly increased respiration rates is considered high intensity, while exercise that does not result in significantly increased respiration rates is considered low intensity. While it is recognized this is a broad definition, the overarching intent is to support people to participate in important health-promoting activities while reducing COVID-19 transmission risk. In general, high intensity exercise (especially in groups or communal spaces) leads to greater risk of COVID-19 transmission than low intensity exercise.
    BC also lets gyms determine themselves what's high vs low. Isn't working well, since I know someone that caught Covid with high intensity exercise.

Basically, AB govt believe people only have self interests, are idiots, so deal with it cuz we dunno how to do it ourselves.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Amazing how vaccines prioritized to the most vulnerable can change the course of a pandemic! Weird huh?
    Too bad the same wasn’t applied before vaccines were available. Every province, with Quebec leading the way, did nothing to protect the vulnerable and those with comorbidities which resulted in thousands of deaths. Don’t forget that many people didn’t take any personal responsibility and caught Covid through their own ignorance. Some died. It’s all good though now, we have vaccines. Mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    Gyms today can open for personal training only ....
    Yes that was the problem. Gyms can't actually open from an economic standpoint under the Step 1 rules, and they left gyms out of any further steps.

My local gym up at work is open now. The owner posted a message the other day saying that no call in appointments would be available, that appointments would be made when you show up. AKA- Gym is open, come on in. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Its because data shows low spread. While cardio increases respiration and has proven to be high risk in an enclosed space. It’s not about the vulnerable catching it at these places, it’s about people catching it and spreading it to the vulnerable because people are idiots.

Once the vulnerable are vaccinated shit will open up because the latter risk will be eliminated.
    Data shows gyms are low spread too. This is such a nonsensical thing to argue about any longer. If spreading this virus is so bad, then we shouldn't be taking any risks at all. It is very easy to shift everything that is only allowed to be open because it is "essential", to a delivery based model, or outdoor pick up only. There is no reason for people to be walking around shoulder to shoulder in grocery stores and malls. And if people CAN be shoulder to shoulder in these places, then there's no reason they can't be working out in a gym in a social distanced manner.

Plain and simple, the powers that be have no bloody idea what they are doing. Anyone trying to justify the actions of these fools needs to take a step back and reassess what is happening.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I've maintained going to crossfit classes 3-4 times a week all year in SK minus the initial shutdown last spring. I am not aware of a single case being attributed to gyms of any kind here but I may have missed a release or we may just be "lucky" in my anecdotal experience.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

The US needs to create a new amendment to their constitution.

"No man, woman or child shall be denied the chance to use an elliptical"

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The US needs to create a new amendment to their constitution.

"No man, woman or child shall be denied the chance to use an elliptical"
    Just bolt a gun to one, save a lot of paperwork.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

The right to gains shall not be infringed.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    The right to gains shall not be infringed.
    Gains can be had with nothing but an rope, axe, horse carriage, and Hearts on Fire playing as inspiration music.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

My daughter told me a bunch of people in her grade (grade 8) are signed up to play indoor volleyball and indoor soccer. So kids have to play in separate cohorts at school for gym and recess, no intermural sports but can play indoor sports outside of school? And adults can't play hockey or do normal gym things.

I'm really struggling to wrap my heads around how they justify this.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Gains can be had with nothing but an rope, axe, horse carriage, and Hearts on Fire playing as inspiration music.
    Don't forget a meat locker

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    My daughter told me a bunch of people in her grade (grade 8) are signed up to play indoor volleyball and indoor soccer. So kids have to play in separate cohorts at school for gym and recess, no intermural sports but can play indoor sports outside of school? And adults can't play hockey or do normal gym things.

You are overthinking it. Some restrictions are required. There are some restrictions. That's enough mental energy expended.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post

There’s a whole bunch of restrictions on those sports outside of school. Keeping distance, fixed cohort, masks on. No games allowed, it’s just training under the training restrictions. It’s nothing like pre covid.

My youngest is in hockey. I can’t even watch him, just drop him off and leave. It’s expensive as fuck too because 10 kids max on ice and spread out with 10 coaches. Zero contact. Basically elaborate 1-1 training and skills development.

Name:  CB748606-5596-40E4-8E3E-3BDE9F98B8A2.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  79.4 KB

Like @ExtraSlow says don’t over think it haha. No league is going to take any risks and go over the current restrictions. Nobody is playing any games, hockey, soccer or volleyball.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I'm actually wondering if people have gone full Hikikomori. Canadians arguably are shut-ins by natural weather for months of the year anyhow.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    What do we call the stampede 2021 wave then?
    You know they're going ahead this year in some capacity. They've got big executive salaries to fund and they're a little too quiet as of late.
    New these guys were going to do stampede.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7673821/c...ents-covid-19/

They were too quiet to think they weren't.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    New these guys were going to do stampede.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7673821/c...ents-covid-19/

They were too quiet to think they weren't.
    They will probably follow Japan?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ames-organiser

You can compete but nobody can watch?

Page 681 of 985 FirstFirst ... 671 680 681 682 691 ... LastLast