Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 790 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 790 of 985 FirstFirst ... 780 789 790 791 800 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,800 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You ded
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You ded
    If only I had double elite pfizer, I may have survived. If I take a Pfizer blue pill now, will that boost my efficacy?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’ll allow it

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    If only I had double elite pfizer, I may have survived. If I take a Pfizer blue pill now, will that boost my efficacy?
    Probably not but I’m sure your wife will have a headache
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Probably not but I’m sure your wife will have a headache
    Well done. I’m not going to rep you, I’ll just publicly praise you.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    People keep saying this but let's say two restaurants are on 17th Ave side by side. One still has barricades between tables and advocate their staff still wears masks and asks customers to while the next door restaurant is 'fully open' with tables back to how they were and fully mask free. I'd be more people go to the former rather than the latter.

Even for retail, if someone is going to get back in their car and drive from home Depot to Lowe's because one is mask-less ... That's embarassing you waste your time over a piece of cloth.

That being said I do agree that I doubt businesses will enforce it in any way. Less so from losing customers but moreso it's just not worth the harassment of employees.
    If your personal freedoms are a waste of time to you, that's a personal issue, not an IQ issue of the person you're mocking. But politics aside, I just flat out do not have a mask on my person any longer. The mandate is over, so there is no reason for me to carry one. If some store wants to dictate my fashion choices, and I am not equipped to submit to something so ridiculous, then yes I will go elsewhere, as will most other people.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post
    The current science still says wearing a shitty mask will still reduce the viral load being breathed in no??!?
    Jesus. Are people still pretending this is a thing?

The question I wonder about now, is how many people still wearing masks, are doing so purely out of some fear they are breaking the rules? I had to go into Mercedes for service on July 2nd. They had the big sign up saying you had to be masked to enter. Mandate was over so I decided I'm not wearing one and if some business wants to ask me to leave I will gladly do so. Besides, my assumption is that the sign is just eft from when a mandate did exist a few days ago, and it was just an oversight not to remove it yet. Well nobody in the building seemed to care, even though most of them were wearing masks still. Then this other customer walks in, maked, sees me without a mask, immediately gives a look of "Shit, are we allowed to do that now?" He goes straight to the coffee machine to grab a coffee so he can stroll around with the mask down just in case it's still a rule.

I don't know about crazy Calgary, but in Edmonton it is heavy majority of people going maskless as of around July 4th. It's virtually back to normal other than a few weirdos still wearing them, and most retail and food staff still being forced to wear them. But as predicted, as soon as people aren't forced to wear the masks, they won't.

Busta Rhymes Made a Speech Against the Mask BS

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The question I wonder about now, is how many people still wearing masks, are doing so purely out of some fear they are breaking the rules? I had to go into Mercedes for service on July 2nd. They had the big sign up saying you had to be masked to enter. Mandate was over so I decided I'm not wearing one and if some business wants to ask me to leave I will gladly do so. Besides, my assumption is that the sign is just eft from when a mandate did exist a few days ago, and it was just an oversight not to remove it yet. Well nobody in the building seemed to care, even though most of them were wearing masks still. Then this other customer walks in, maked, sees me without a mask, immediately gives a look of "Shit, are we allowed to do that now?" He goes straight to the coffee machine to grab a coffee so he can stroll around with the mask down just in case it's still a rule.

I don't know about crazy Calgary, but in Edmonton it is heavy majority of people going maskless as of around July 4th. It's virtually back to normal other than a few weirdos still wearing them, and most retail and food staff still being forced to wear them. But as predicted, as soon as people aren't forced to wear the masks, they won't.
    I think we are going to see people choosing to wear masks on a regular basis now. For many people (let's say germaphobes for example) they have found mask wearing to be almost a bit liberating for them. They feel more in control and it allows them to be out and about with less anxiety. You will also see the people who bought so heavily into the fear aspect of the last year and a half of preaching will have stuck with them and they just feel better about it.

Who really gives a fuck what they choose to do? I have zero desire to badger them or question their motives. I am happy to live and let live.

As a business owner, I will not require masks in my shop at all. If someone comes in wearing one and they are one of those nervous people and ask if I will put one on while dealing with them, I am happy to do so, but by the same token I will not require anyone else to do so. It is a personal choice. If the client isn't comfortable with any others in the office not wearing masks around them, I will try and accommodate them by meeting and chatting away from others and if they take it as far as deciding to go elsewhere I will not begrudge them.

People need to just accept that personal choices are fine, but demanding others accommodate you is not. Asking is fine, but demanding isn't.

My Ride

Went to Can.tire yesterday after picking up my daughter from daycare. She grabbed her mask and I told her we don't need to wear them in the store anymore, but she can bring it if she wants. She said "My nose feels stuffy, so I don't want to sneeze on someone."

My 6yo is smarter than most adults.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Went to Can.tire yesterday after picking up my daughter from daycare. She grabbed her mask and I told her we don't need to wear them in the store anymore, but she can bring it if she wants. She said "My nose feels stuffy, so I don't want to sneeze on someone."

My 6yo is smarter than most adults.
    I love your daughter. If only this sense of personal responsibility carried over to the broader population.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Has anyone actually been anywhere that’s mandating masks as store policy yet?

I see a decent amount of people wearing masks, which is fine since it’s their choice, but haven’t run into a store mandating them yet.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Not personally, but I know a couple coworkers were told to put them on in a Starbucks DT.

fact.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Not personally, but I know a couple coworkers were told to put them on in a Starbucks DT.
    They must be going on a franchise by franchise case, the one in BVS didn’t care
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Starbucks does not franchise … they are 99% corporate and 1% licensed in Safeway’s or airports

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone actually been anywhere that’s mandating masks as store policy yet?

I see a decent amount of people wearing masks, which is fine since it’s their choice, but haven’t run into a store mandating them yet.
    I was in a registry yesterday and they still had signs up so I just masked up

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Costco had a masks recommended sign. Very few wearing them.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I think we are going to see people choosing to wear masks on a regular basis now. For many people (let's say germaphobes for example) they have found mask wearing to be almost a bit liberating for them. They feel more in control and it allows them to be out and about with less anxiety. You will also see the people who bought so heavily into the fear aspect of the last year and a half of preaching will have stuck with them and they just feel better about it.

Who really gives a fuck what they choose to do? I have zero desire to badger them or question their motives. I am happy to live and let live.

As a business owner, I will not require masks in my shop at all. If someone comes in wearing one and they are one of those nervous people and ask if I will put one on while dealing with them, I am happy to do so, but by the same token I will not require anyone else to do so. It is a personal choice. If the client isn't comfortable with any others in the office not wearing masks around them, I will try and accommodate them by meeting and chatting away from others and if they take it as far as deciding to go elsewhere I will not begrudge them.

People need to just accept that personal choices are fine, but demanding others accommodate you is not. Asking is fine, but demanding isn't.
    Oh yeah I fully expect the weirdos to keep being weird. I'm just curious now, of the few people you see still wearing masks, what percentage of them are weirdos and what percent are just people that aren't Maverick enough to stop wearing it? And yes by all means people can feel free to do whatever they please.

Starbucks aren't franchised, they're all corporate owned. But I'm sure there is a sensible manager of a Starbucks somewhere that DGAF about any corporate rules to still require masking if that is the case.

My Ride

Costco had a masks recommended sign. Very few wearing them.
    Crossiron Costco was 95% masked on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Oh yeah I fully expect the weirdos to keep being weird. I'm just curious now, of the few people you see still wearing masks, what percentage of them are weirdos and what percent are just people that aren't Maverick enough to stop wearing it? And yes by all means people can feel free to do whatever they please.
    Calling people 'weirdos' for wearing masks is just divisive. If you want to argue the merits of masking up in relation to the spread of COVID, that's great, but do we really need to further segment, label and judge? Jesus, lets just have open discourse and healthy debate without resorting to name calling.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Starbucks by my work in Beltline, the sign said optional. Staff had them most customers didn't. Last week I forgot mine (waaay too early in the AM), staff called me out pretty quick.
    SW Costco (Tsuut'ina) yesterday, the sign said recommended. Staff had them, about 50% of customers did.
    Last edited by The_Penguin; 07-10-2021 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Brain fart

Page 790 of 985 FirstFirst ... 780 789 790 791 800 ... LastLast