Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 241 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 241 of 985 FirstFirst ... 231 240 241 242 251 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm trying to not mention an ethnic group... But it's almost always dad at Cargill, mom at care facility and 1-2 TFW borders...

But the carpools from Calgary are insane too
    Why on earth does it matter what ethnic group it is... they're all peoplekind, seriously.

Side note, my wife made an interesting observation today...a lot of folks dying in the seniors residences are white... why do us white people always stick our parents into homes and then leave them there to die? Whereas other ethnicities tend to keep their parents at home to take care of them as long as they can? I think this goes hand in hand with the many, even here, that are thinking we should just let them all die. Food for thought. No point really, just an observation.... maybe it's a money issue, as I know a lot of old Chinese people live in residences too?
    Last edited by 370Z; 04-13-2020 at 05:07 PM.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    Why on earth does it matter what ethnic group it is... they're all peoplekind, seriously.
    More the new immigrant/TFW scenario setting this perfect storm up. Add in 6-8 adult families in a 2br house, usually a couple crotchgobblins in the mix too...

As to why it's white folk in nursing homes - wierd greatest generation belief that they're not interested in burdening their families... My grandmother has 8 kids to pick from, was 100% unwilling to burden any of them when she was no longer able to care for herself (and that was a major fight to convince her she wasn't able to either... Even after the OPP took her license and car away... )

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Side note, my wife made an interesting observation today...a lot of folks dying in the seniors residences are white... why do us white people always stick our parents into homes and then leave them there to die? Whereas other ethnicities tend to keep their parents at home to take care of them as long as they can? I think this goes hand in hand with the many, even here, that are thinking we should just let them all die. Food for thought. No point really, just an observation.... maybe it's a money issue, as I know a lot of old Chinese people live in residences too?
    If you think infections at care centers are bad, on the opposite spectrum is India where people have elderly at home. People are bringing it home and the infections and deaths aren’t counted at all. At least with care facilities they can get locked down and limit the spread in comparison.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Good point Rage

My Ride
    *The First*

Guess the unions calling for Cargill to close as it's got a large number of cases.

The scariest part there is - most of the Cargill people I know, have wives that work as HCA/NA/LPN and have borders in the house who also work in those same fields.

Oh this could get bad for high river no wonder they parked the town float on center Street...
    Yes, it could. I think someone mentioned this a few days ago and now those details are public.
    So, it's in the meat packing plant, it's in the hospital including elderly care (two of the largest employers in the area) and it's in high volume customer locations like 7-11. That's just what we know about, today (or maybe five days ago)...
    The Town is roughly 14,000 and there are 58 known cases. How many cases is that in reality? Way the fuck more, but I'm not going to multiply it by 20x. How about 200? Cargill hires many employees without requiring a high school education and they work very close together.

High River has a serious outbreak. Is the government likely to step in and escalate? Will more stores close? Do you think they're just going to let everyone go spread this to Aldersyde and Okotoks?

Shit is going down in High River.

Hey, it was this guy:
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Hey, like I already said and let me reiterate:
    High River is aces.
    High River is def not fucked.
    High River is pure paths to green pastures April 9, 2020 and it's never going to change.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 04-13-2020 at 06:53 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Our PM went to the cottage this weekend, crossing provincial lines.

https://thepostmillennial.com/trudea...sential-travel

I’m heading to our cabin on the lake once it gets warm, you Albertans with properties in BC feel free to do the same. “Non-essential” travel doesn’t cover going to your cottage.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If you think infections at care centers are bad, on the opposite spectrum is India where people have elderly at home. People are bringing it home and the infections and deaths aren’t counted at all. At least with care facilities they can get locked down and limit the spread in comparison.
    Wasn't this stated as one of the reasons Italy got hit so hard, lots of multi-generational families living in close quarters?

Personally I don't get the idea of living with family when I'm dusty old balls, why would I want to burden them with that shit?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Model S

I have to change their diapers for the first few years, they can change mine for the last few. Only fair.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Yes, it could. I think someone mentioned this a few days ago....

Hey, it was this guy:

Well perhaps if you'd have told somebody other than this forum you could have saved some lives. Protocol be damned, where is your spirit of civic duty and civil disobedience?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Our PM went to the cottage this weekend, crossing provincial lines.

https://thepostmillennial.com/trudea...sential-travel

I’m heading to our cabin on the lake once it gets warm, you Albertans with properties in BC feel free to do the same. “Non-essential” travel doesn’t cover going to your cottage.
    Elizabeth May and Andrew Sheers entire family on the same private jet.

Rules are for thee, not for me.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cha...ough-1.5530542

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...-covid-19-test

Sounds like a win compared to serology test.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Elizabeth May and Andrew Sheers entire family on the same private jet.

Rules are for thee, not for me.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cha...ough-1.5530542
    Yup. This is all a gong show.

My Ride
    4x4

Yes, it could. I think someone mentioned this a few days ago and now those details are public.
    So, it's in the meat packing plant, it's in the hospital including elderly care (two of the largest employers in the area) and it's in high volume customer locations like 7-11. That's just what we know about, today (or maybe five days ago)...
    The Town is roughly 14,000 and there are 58 known cases. How many cases is that in reality? Way the fuck more, but I'm not going to multiply it by 20x. How about 200? Cargill hires many employees without requiring a high school education and they work very close together.

High River has a serious outbreak. Is the government likely to step in and escalate? Will more stores close? Do you think they're just going to let everyone go spread this to Aldersyde and Okotoks?

Shit is going down in High River.

Hey, it was this guy:
    Yeah, I don't know if you get it but most of high river commutes to Calgary, and most Cargill employees are based in Calgary.

The 7-11 employee, is tied to Cargill and the hospital.

Damn Calgarians bringing us their plague but just because they tested and found the outbreak at one employer - doesn't mean that it's not as bad or worse in Calgary...

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Well perhaps if you'd have told somebody other than this forum you could have saved some lives. Protocol be damned, where is your spirit of civic duty and civil disobedience?
    I feel like I'm missing a joke, here but I can't put my finger on it. I'm running low on sleep recently.

If you're serious - of course the affected facilities know the instant that cases are confirmed. And, if they have procedures, they start implementing them immediately and if they don't have procedures, they ask for help from AHS and do what they're told.
    I am surprised to see this big a lag. I figured it would be closer to 3 days. Do mass testing and then count results & report, so it's interesting to see that. I wonder if this is totally typical. Is all the news we are getting this old, or, am I not being fair because the tidbits were passed out over several days?
    I can't save any lives when I can't even convince a local that an outbreak announcement is pending.

And I had no idea about the 7-11 case, specifically. We should expect significant similar issues to continue in High River, though.

On unrelated note - I'm off to buy some steak.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

A four or five day lag doesn't surprise me.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Yeah, I don't know if you get it but most of high river commutes to Calgary, and most Cargill employees are based in Calgary.

The 7-11 employee, is tied to Cargill and the hospital.

Damn Calgarians bringing us their plague but just because they tested and found the outbreak at one employer - doesn't mean that it's not as bad or worse in Calgary...
    Which "one employer"? Cargill, AHS or 7-11? Because it's at all three.

It's not news that Calgary has a lot of cases. They have disproportionately more cases than Edmonton, for example. But, it's a very large city and unless 102% of Cargill is shuttled in from Calgary (and obviously that's not the case) it's in High River in significant numbers.

Men seem to be dropping at far higher rates than women. No direct correlation yet.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...-covid-19-test

Sounds like a win compared to serology test.
    This is a portable RT-PCR unit that can run one sample at a time. This is an antigen test that looks for viral RNA, so the patient needs to be shedding virus which is then sampled through a nasopharyngeal swab, just like the other tests we currently are performing. It is useful for point of care confirmation of COVID-19, but does not provide batch testing to the scale that is needed. It will be very useful for remote and rural locations or in hospitals where knowing the COVID-19 status of a patient would change their management or which ward/unit to isolate a patient into.

A serologic test looks for antibodies in the blood - which are a marker for previous or subacute infection which will give information on the % of the population who may have been exposed, with presumed immunity. It is the serological testing which will be key in making future public health decisions on how we can ease the restrictions we are currently under.
    Last edited by xrayvsn; 04-13-2020 at 08:26 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Men seem to be dropping at far higher rates than women. No direct correlation yet.
    100% that died were men or women. If you are one of the other 49 genders you are in the clear.

My Ride
    4x4

Which "one employer"? Cargill, AHS or 7-11? Because it's at all three.

It's not news that Calgary has a lot of cases. They have disproportionately more cases than Edmonton, for example. But, it's a very large city and unless 102% of Cargill is shuttled in from Calgary (and obviously that's not the case) it's in High River in significant numbers.
    Well it's the Cargill results today. You previously stated AHS, and thus far we only know of one at 7-11.

Cargill employs over 2000 at that plant. Last I heard the ballpark was roughly a third are local Okotoks/high river/foothills residents. That means 1400 or so come down from Calgary...

They may be a large employer - but they're a short drive from Calgary...

Page 241 of 985 FirstFirst ... 231 240 241 242 251 ... LastLast