Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 396 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 396 of 985 FirstFirst ... 386 395 396 397 406 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    NC1

The aliens are making fun of us.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Axis powers

Can you blame them?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fucking EIT's know more at that stage of life than any that follow.
    6 out of the 5 EITs I know, know everything. I really need to hang out with more EITs.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 08-05-2020 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Name:  70757a80c4ffa8cc039e36d37862c11a.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  37.4 KB

'As awful as this pandemic is, climate change could be worse' - Bill Gates.

Thanks Bill.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Cool, thanks for that, I feel like that’s an important distinction that more people should be informed about (aka we should stop comparing the disease to something nearly irrelevant).

That’s probably the most interesting thing about COVID I have heard in months.
    I don't believe anybody has been trying to compare them on some type of genetic level. They're simply using the flu as a comparative to how we might be dealing with this. They think it's likely that Rona will just be a common infection we deal with as a species going forward.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I'm sure one of two things occurred:

- We're in a higher being's petri dish and someone spilled stuff all over our place
    - Aliens pass by, sees that we're essentially cockroaches that talk, and don't want the 'rona too

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    I'm sure one of two things occurred:

- We're in a higher being's petri dish and someone spilled stuff all over our place
    - Aliens pass by, sees that we're essentially cockroaches that talk, and don't want the 'rona too
    Yes to beer run. I need some friends. Thanks for offering to hang out with me. You and @ExtraSlow
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yes to beer run. I need some friends. Thanks for offering to hang out with me. You and @ExtraSlow
    I will be your friend buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Since noone else is going to mention sensationalist ZH doom and gloom.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...uding-baldness
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I will be your friend buddy.
    Me too

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Are people still actually scared of this virus who aren’t obese or unhealthy as fuck? Even the death numbers from the USA who has the most disgusting population in terms of health aren’t doing that bad.

Seems like a big joke now that we have more information. The media really blew this one up into a shit show, shitty deal we couldn’t finish that once in a century snow pack up in the mountains to this crap.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Are people still actually scared of this virus who aren’t obese or unhealthy as fuck? Even the death numbers from the USA who has the most disgusting population in terms of health aren’t doing that bad.

Seems like a big joke now that we have more information. The media really blew this one up into a shit show, shitty deal we couldn’t finish that once in a century snow pack up in the mountains to this crap.
    This whole shit show is because healthy people can carry the virus and give it to unhealthy people. Plus the whole overwhelm hospital thing with unhealthy obese whales. Haven’t seen any Tiktok vids from ERs lately so things seem to be returning to normal.

My Ride
    ute

I am more scared of COVID now than I was say 3-4 weeks ago. The more we learn about the disease the more we realize it isn't like a cold or flu that you get over and are back to normal. It's very common to have issues past the time that your body has eliminated the actual virus. Partly this is because it is becoming clear that the virus messes with the signalling in your immune system. I would prefer to not have inflammation in my heart tissues, and perhaps scarring in that and other organs.

This assumes you don't have really nasty acute problems as well.

So no, it is not worth being casual about this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I am more scared of COVID now than I was say 3-4 weeks ago. The more we learn about the disease the more we realize it isn't like a cold or flu that you get over and are back to normal. It's very common to have issues past the time that your body has eliminated the actual virus. Partly this is because it is becoming clear that the virus messes with the signalling in your immune system. I would prefer to not have inflammation in my heart tissues, and perhaps scarring in that and other organs.

This assumes you don't have really nasty acute problems as well.

So no, it is not worth being casual about this at all.
    We are also learning(or learned months ago), this isn't going away with masks, quarantines, lockdowns, etc. So worrying about something that is pretty much inevitable is a waste of emotional bandwidth. By all means, anyone that is worried should just take reasonable precautions of wearing a mask and maintaining distance, maybe you'll get lucky and be one of the 10% that doesn't get it.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    We are also learning(or learned months ago), this isn't going away with masks, quarantines, lockdowns, etc. So worrying about something that is pretty much inevitable is a waste of emotional bandwidth. By all means, anyone that is worried should just take reasonable precautions of wearing a mask and maintaining distance, maybe you'll get lucky and be one of the 10% that doesn't get it.
    You go from "this isn't going away" to "let's ignore it" with nothing in between. Your reasoning isn't sound.

The idea is to chip at the R0 (masks, social distancing, lockdowns, quarantines, superior testing methods) as much as we can, and then chip at the severity as much as we can (antivirals, steroids, other treatments).

If the virus arrived in February, we're likely halfway or more to a workable vaccine.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Come on man you are not allowed to say stuff like that on the forum. Negative reps for days. Think of the .04%

My Ride
    Bicycle

I think dying may be actually a better outcome now then being forever wrecked internally and live.

Next few Olympics are going to be interesting to watch as previous WRs may stand for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    Come on man you are not allowed to say stuff like that on the forum. Negative reps for days. Think of the .04%
    If this has a potential to go around every 12 weeks or so, eventually you'll be the .04% in round 2 or 3.

My Ride
    *The First*

This is a 180 for you, isn't it? Did your account get high-jacked? I thought I recalled a post from you indicating you were sleeping in a different room due to a healthcare worker in the house, or something?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This is a 180 for you, isn't it? Did your account get high-jacked? I thought I recalled a post from you indicating you were sleeping in a different room due to a healthcare worker in the house, or something?
    I mean they went from a place of massive uncertainty to us understanding more and more about the disease.

It would be illogical to not change your reaction as you understand things more.

He isn’t wrong in that, while this definitely isn’t the flu and affects the body in different ways, that for the overwhelming majority of the population contracting a severe covid outcome is somewhere up there with getting hit by a bus. Especially when the segment of the population who are susceptible to severe outcomes is hilariously predictable.

Bad shit can still happen to everyone, with very very low probabilities, but nothing about that is really new.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 396 of 985 FirstFirst ... 386 395 396 397 406 ... LastLast