Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 826 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 826 of 985 FirstFirst ... 816 825 826 827 836 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,520 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also this.

Wasn't the message at the start of Covid to flatten the curve and allow AHS to increase capacity to handle the rush of patients?

Where are we on that? (genuine question)
    The government didn't count on the Delta variant. Nor did they count on 20% of the public declining the vaccine. Both have made it impossible to get a handle on this like they anticipated. If either of those things didn't occur, we'd be in good shape - even without an addition to capacity.

This wave has hit more people I personally know than all the others.

Good buddy and his pregnant wife and two kids, along with sister in law, mother in law, father in law. FIL in icu. Nobody vaxxed except my buddy. (All Eastern Europeans, apparently some circles from this country are major anti vaxxers)

Cousin, his wife, and 6 month old. The newborn has been in hospital for almost a week now. Nobody vaxxed

My nephew in his early 20s. Tested positive and sick at home. Not vaxxed. His fiancé is a nurse in training and double vaxxed - she is ok. Had a lot of close contacts with double vaxxed people including my elderly mom and my aunt. Luckily ok so far but watching mom closely to see if she gets a breakthrough case.

Frustrating to say the least. We decided to cancel our trip to BC as well today. Just too much going on and doesn’t feel right. Travel bank dollars for the flights but luckily hotels and car were fully refundable

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

Good buddy and his pregnant wife and two kids, along with sister in law, mother in law, father in law. FIL in icu. Nobody vaxxed except my buddy. (All Eastern Europeans, apparently some circles from this country are major anti vaxxers)

Cousin, his wife, and 6 month old. The newborn has been in hospital for almost a week now. Nobody vaxxed

My nephew in his early 20s. Tested positive and sick at home. Not vaxxed.
    All of those people can go fuck themselves.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Except the newborn. Unlucky to be born to idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Except the newborn. Unlucky to be born to idiots.
    Someone can fuck the dad on the newborns behalf
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not me, I'm staying away from the filthy anti-vaxxers as much as possible.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Not me, I'm staying away from the filthy anti-vaxxers as much as possible.
    @Toilet_X

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    I don't get the right wing vs left wing on the anti-vax arguments...

Sorry - both sides have extremists; there's as many hippy anti-vax on the far left as there are far right "ma freedums".

Can we stop with the trying to lump them in as wingers and just start calling them extremists and send them to guantanamo?
    The word you are looking for is idiots. And we have always been surrounded by them.
    Truth
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    All of those people can go fuck themselves.
    Not gonna lie, that’s basically what I’m thinking in the back of my mind even though these are people I know and like.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I have not compared the attractiveness of various jurisdictions, and I don't think there's a fair way to do that. I guess, if AHS put out a recruitment call for X nurses, are they able to fill all those slots that they want to hire for? If no, then we have a problem that needs to be addressed.

I have no doubt some have left, and I even believe that AHS is less attractive then previously. That's not great, doesn't make me feel good.
    Well, good news, they put out recruitment calls, but at $25/hr more through a recruitment agency. So sure, I guess you can fill them when you're not cutting wages. That said I don't think anyone is clear on if that was or is successful. Doesn't the tactic seem strange to you, even as an anti- public service person? That on one hand the government proposed wage rollbacks and cuts, and then with the other hand simultaneously hired a private recruitment agency to hire nurses at a near 50% wage premium? I'm sure that saves TONS of money. Its coming out of someones pocket and just shows that they have no interest in good faith bargaining...but that's been demonstrated in the past
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Paying some people a premium for a small period of time when needed has very different budget impact compared to paying everyone less forever.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I try pretty hard to not be any kind of "anti-public-service-person". I'm a big fan of pubic sector workers and work. Sometimes I express myself poorly when trying to find a middle ground. Sometimes I try to be funny. Whatev.

My Ride
    *The First*

Not gonna lie, that’s basically what I’m thinking in the back of my mind even though these are people I know and like.
    Good for you for putting that aside. Their road to Hell is paved with excuses.
    I'm very sorry that you have a connection with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Good for you for putting that aside. Their road to Hell is paved with excuses.
    I'm very sorry that you have a connection with them.
    Good for him?

This is the exact kind of rhetoric that is tearing North America apart. As long as they aren't infecting anyone, then its on them. To condemn someone for their actions which meaningfully only affect them (except the baby and the parents, assuming the baby contracted it from them) is what people railed against for CENTURIES with the religious right.

Somebody doesn't want the vaccine and accepts the consequences? That's on them. For how conservative I am, over 50% of my friends I consider to be very liberal. While I find their ideologies misguided, as regular joe schmoes, they are for the most part going with the flow and are good people. I don't condemn them, even though they literally vote to take money out of my pocket and in general lower my quality of life.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Good for him?

This is the exact kind of rhetoric that is tearing North America apart. As long as they aren't infecting anyone, then its on them. To condemn someone for their actions which meaningfully only affect them (except the baby and the parents, assuming the baby contracted it from them) is what people railed against for CENTURIES with the religious right.

Somebody doesn't want the vaccine and accepts the consequences? That's on them. For how conservative I am, over 50% of my friends I consider to be very liberal. While I find their ideologies misguided, as regular joe schmoes, they are for the most part going with the flow and are good people. I don't condemn them, even though they literally vote to take money out of my pocket and in general lower my quality of life.
    Yes. Don't let them into the ICU where their actions do impact other people. But it sounds like one of these fuckwits already in the ICU. I guess we should all hope he dies fast instead of slow.

Emergency meetings of the minds this eve…..let’s see what the announce tomorrow

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    It will be more about Trudeau poking at Kenney then anything important.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    They are going to up it $150 a shot lol … and see how many other heads can fit up kenney’s ass

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My nephew in his early 20s. Tested positive and sick at home. Not vaxxed. His fiancé is a nurse in training and double vaxxed - she is ok. Had a lot of close contacts with double vaxxed people including my elderly mom and my aunt. Luckily ok so far but watching mom closely to see if she gets a breakthrough case.
    Unvaccinated pretty much going through what hit India a few months ago, except they still have access to hospital for a while longer. Delta’s no joke. Good thing we have what 70% eligible vaxxed?

Here’s some select comments from earlier this year as I dealt with our teams. At the time we had no idea what hit them, but now we know it was Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    We’re seeing the same thing. The spread is ridiculously fast this time around. I have one family on my team that caught it, across all 3 generations in the family within a few days. Parents, in-laws, kids, everyone.
    Agreed. There's just not enough accurate information coming out of India to understand what's happening. I thought for sure last months of last year would be a peak, but it died down as quickly as it went up. Was it herd immunity? There were reports of small sampling of cities were they estimated 70% of dense population had already contracted covid. They had festivals, elections, and nothing happened. Life was as normal as it gets for India.

This year, nothing really changed to get to where they are today. There's just not enough testing/data to figure out if it's variants at play. Anecdotally, the way this wave has been spreading within households, you would believe that it's much more contagious this time around, but there's no evidence to support that with no data.

Who the fuck knows anymore.
    Today was the first day in over a week where none of our staff in India reported a death in their family. This is what we consider a good day right now.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

How did India beat it though, they had ridiculous numbers like 200K per day and then it seemed like it was all over or greatly reduced.

Page 826 of 985 FirstFirst ... 816 825 826 827 836 ... LastLast