Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 827 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 827 of 985 FirstFirst ... 817 826 827 828 837 ... LastLast
Results 16,521 to 16,540 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in a similar position here in AB.

The most entitled group of workers? Nurses.

One of my best friends is a Respiratory Therapist in the ICU dealing hands on with Covid all day everyday, she has said on multiple occasions its not near as bad as the media is portraying.
    She is also sick of the Nurses whining.
    I suspect it is in large part because the hospitals themselves are seeing outbreaks at the moment. Active cases among healthcare workers are up to 1000, it would be foolish to think that the outbreaks stop at the vaccinated HCW and not transfer to people literally at the end of their rope or severely immune compromised (especially if unvaccinated).

The fact we still (at 18 months) treat a 18 year old in the hospital for a surgery on his leg as a hospitalized Covid because they test positive; as someone who is 65 and needs to be hospitalized due to Covid - both as "Covid hospitalizations" is complete manipulation of the data.

We need to be known who was hospitalized and is actively being treated for Covid vs who was previously hospitalized for something else and tests positive with mild or asymptomatic symptoms.
    Last edited by HuMz; 09-14-2021 at 09:07 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    How did India beat it though, they had ridiculous numbers like 200K per day and then it seemed like it was all over or greatly reduced.
    Ran out of people to infect is the best guess by experts. It came and gone within weeks, decimating hospitals, and killing tons of people. It spread very fast. We could tell which families had Delta, pretty much households had 100% infection rates in those cases. We had people report family and friends deaths as young as 25 years old. Different states were seeing peaks at different times. I expect us to see the same thing amongst provinces. I don’t foresee the oxygen shortages we saw in India.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Are there reliable death numbers for India?
    Worldometers says this:
    Name:  Screenshot_20210914-211337.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  50.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Well my buddy’s FIL who was in ICU just passed a few hours ago. I had a bad feeling about it as soon as he said he was sent to hospital. 58 years. Not healthy to begin with and was a smoker. I don’t judge people’s vices but god damn people like him are the people that should’ve been lining up for the shot.

I feel for his kids and grandkids. No more papa, so easily preventable. Just another number added to the statistics now. I hope word gets out about him and their community changes their mind about the shots.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Been reading. Official deaths in India are ~400,000, but based in excess mortality data, could be more like 4 million deaths. That's an awfully large number but less than half of a percent of total population.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Been reading. Official deaths in India are ~400,000, but based in excess mortality data, could be more like 4 million deaths. That's an awfully large number but less than half of a percent of total population.
    There are shortages of a lot of things in India. But people isn't one of them.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The math is staggering. No matter which way you look at it.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by HuMz View Post

The fact we still (at 18 months) treat a 18 year old in the hospital for a surgery on his leg as a hospitalized Covid because they test positive; as someone who is 65 and needs to be hospitalized due to Covid - both as "Covid hospitalizations" is complete manipulation of the data.

We need to be known who was hospitalized and is actively being treated for Covid vs who was previously hospitalized for something else and tests positive with mild or asymptomatic symptoms.
    I wish this wasn't real. I wish this was the complete insanity from some fucking nut case liar, conspiracy theorist, fuck-wit.
    But... It's not. The other weird one is if you land in ICU legit because of CoVid, you count as a CoVid patient in ICU for a full 14 days, no matter what. You could die on Day-2. You could get discharged. You could walk out. That stat stays, which is complete insanity. Actually, shit... It might be 30 days. I'll have to check my sources. Either way, it's horse shit.

*Not not not saying that the current system isn't taxed and that there isn't an issue. I'm just blown away at their lack of statistical consistency or knowledge.

My Ride
    ute

I bet the number of people that end up in the ICU for other reasons but then just end up taking positive is immaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The other weird one is if you land in ICU legit because of CoVid, you count as a CoVid patient in ICU for a full 14 days, no matter what. You could die on Day-2. You could get discharged. You could walk out. That stat stays, which is complete insanity. Actually, shit... It might be 30 days. I'll have to check my sources. Either way, it's horse shit.
    I'd be really surprised if this is true. got a link/source?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I'd be really surprised if this is true. got a link/source?
    There isn't links for these sorts of things. Which is what makes it dirtier. I'll dig deeper to try and confirm for you though.
    You just have to know someone in touch with the situation.
    Although, Buster is likely close to accurate. It's just infuriating that the stats aren't what one would expect to be a simple metric.

*But... Someone who isn't physically there counting as a number is pretty BS...

Some seriously butt hurt people in this thread throwing neg rep out.

Let's have a conversation? You're hurting my e-feelings

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Ran out of people to infect is the best guess by experts. It came and gone within weeks, decimating hospitals, and killing tons of people. It spread very fast. We could tell which families had Delta, pretty much households had 100% infection rates in those cases. We had people report family and friends deaths as young as 25 years old. Different states were seeing peaks at different times. I expect us to see the same thing amongst provinces. I don’t foresee the oxygen shortages we saw in India.
    One can only hope with fingers crossed we finally do what we should have from the get go, and let this thing spread and be done with it. My bets would be on more of the same ol shit. Lockdowns in some form, dragging this out long enough to see another terrible variant, and repeating all over again for years to come.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    One can only hope with fingers crossed we finally do what we should have from the get go, and let this thing spread and be done with it. My bets would be on more of the same ol shit. Lockdowns in some form, dragging this out long enough to see another terrible variant, and repeating all over again for years to come.
    You make it sound like you get covid once and you’re safe forever. That’s definitely not the case. This ain’t chicken pox.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

You make it sound like you get covid once and you’re safe forever. That’s definitely not the case. This ain’t chicken pox.
    Prior infection is actually the most robust way to mitigate future infection issues.

The Ivermectin Miracle in India

-Uttar Pradesh, the most populated state in India despite housing a population of 240 million people has been averaging only 24 cases and 0-2 deaths in recent months. Despite it's size, roughly 73% of the US population, it ranked dead last in cases per capita among India's 36 states

-How? Ivermectin, what you can't mention in Big Tech even though there have been over 60 studies vouching for the efficacy of ivermectin against Cov19.

-last year, the state began dispensing ivermectin liberally and encouraging ppl to take it early on and even preventatively; by the end of 2020,, which distributed free ivermectin for home care - had the nd lowest fatality rat in India at 0.26 per 100K residents in December. The only other state Bihar was lower but it to recommends ivermectin

-Covid had been dead in Uttar Pradesh except a brief six wk spike in early spring as hundreds of thousands of seasonal migrants fled Mumbai and other big cities and settled back in their villages in Uttar Pradesh giving them the same spike every other state got because those ppl were not on ivermectin

-When the state began distributing Ivermectin, cases plummeted quicker and sharper than anywhere else in the world and the has held for months with record low cases. In April they began giving everyone who was was in home isolation rather than telling them to do nothing until they can't breathe like in the Western World.

-they also avoided using remdesiver as trials are saying that the drug is not effective and expensive.

-the State experienced plummeting deaths more than India in the aggregate, and compared to the state of Kerala which removed ivermectin, cases have not declined but gone backward there. Furthermore, just 4.5% of people in Uttar Pradesh are fully vaccinated, compared to 20% in Kerala. In this tiny state, already 70% of people 45 years and older and almost 56% of its population have had at least one shot.

-Uttar Pradesh is living testament that it could wipe COVID off the map , but sadly the Western world would rather bankrupt and cause more deaths for politically driven solutions that don't work than cede back to the ppl the control they've established.

---> https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horow...-uttar-pradesh

--
    Now if the Experimental Vaxx actually worked, all ppl would be lining out the doors to get it, but we know they don't stop transmission, that natural immunity is 13x more stronger than the Vax, but let's not kid ourselves that Government actually cares about health. If they did, they would follow the science, and not follow the $$$ and control they crave.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    There isn't links for these sorts of things. Which is what makes it dirtier. I'll dig deeper to try and confirm for you though.
    I'm sure this information isn't readily available. They know exactly what they are doing with the numbers - to make it more of a "slam dunk" case to get the vax. It's also because Covid can exasperate many other issues and it's the combination that's too much for some patients to remain healthy, so if it plays a role at all I can appreciate adding them to the stats.

With that said, as has already been mentioned, I think taking ICU stats and expecting them to be far off because of this is unlikely. While people do end up in the ICU for injury, etc, the numbers are not that high and the uptick in ICU admissions is clearly far and away beyond the norm.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Are there reliable death numbers for India?
    Worldometers says this:
    Name:  Screenshot_20210914-211337.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  50.3 KB
    Shoot shovel and shut up?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Even if the ICU stats are off by 10 percent, and I don't think it's any close to that bad, it's a nearly meaningless distraction.

YMMV but the significantly reduced chance of getting shingles is a major perk of the chicken pox vaccine over getting chicken pox, I’d say.

Page 827 of 985 FirstFirst ... 817 826 827 828 837 ... LastLast