Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 428 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 428 of 985 FirstFirst ... 418 427 428 429 438 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,560 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    ute

Yes, fever is pretty low on the list.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Besides, people should be staying home if they are sick, covid or otherwise - which I think will be one of the benefits to come out of this thing.
    I really really hope this is a lasting impact from this. I know too many damned people who "tough it out" and come to work sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I think people isolating themselves when they have symptoms is likely to be a very high ROI activity. It would probably end up maximizing economic activity, as it is one of the easiest ways to keep cases low.

I didn't invent the suckage, I'm just trying to think of it as a math problem.
    I agree about isolation if you have symptoms, that's just common sense. I was talking about the rest of the household having to isolate as well even without symptoms if someone else in the house has symptoms but not COVID positive. Thats the balance I was talking about. This part:

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If one person in a household has symptoms nobody else has to stay home. They probably should, but don't have to, afaik.
    ....aaand this is why we have a pandemic.
    I too am looking at it as a probability problem.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Well also we would like to see our doctor about the hives, Im more concerned about the hives than the fever, to be honest the fever is probably caused by the body fighting the hives, but we cant go anywhere because she has as fever because its a symptom of covid.

However we are keeping everyone home until that negative test atleast which if its the same as the last test we had means noone will be going to school until next monday.

We however tell our friends when we have been around them and someone has a symptom. We saw a family friend and their kids last weekend and I went over to their house to drop something off mid week and their son had a runny nose, fever, and a bad cough, they didnt think to tell anyone about this.
    You sure you don't have Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease?
    Highly contagious and need to quarantine with that too.

My Ride
    ute

Our problem is that the pandemic is being spread by low probability events. It is a low probability that any one individual home will have asymptomatic transmitters in the circumstances you describe.

But it is 100% certain that those transmitters exist. So how do you remove asymptomatic transmitters from circulation? You start by limiting people who have exposure to those with symptoms from being potential asymptomatic transmitters until testing comes back negative.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If the goal is to have zero new cases, then yea, shut everything down. But that's not the goal, as much as you disagree with it based on potential long term effects.
    More like cut off the CERB. No money, no one leaves the house to patio and drink.
    Everyone gets a free 10 day fast.
    Oprah fans used to pay for programs like that in the 90s.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Our problem is that the pandemic is being spread by low probability events. It is a low probability that any one individual home will have asymptomatic transmitters in the circumstances you describe.

But it is 100% certain that those transmitters exist. So how do you remove asymptomatic transmitters from circulation? You start by limiting people who have exposure to those with symptoms from being potential asymptomatic transmitters until testing comes back negative.
    you go lobby the government to tighter restrictions then. Or start on facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    you go lobby the government to tighter restrictions then. Or start on facebook.
    Gov'ts have to be realistic about what they can convince the population to do.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    . Airlines, daycares and schools are banking on this, for a few examples.
    None of them are banking on it. They are doing the legal, feasible minimum as a defence, for when the inevitable lawsuit appears.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's true, but playing the odds, with the first person having symptoms consistent with something else (ie allergies) and no known contact would mean that the probability that others in the household being asymptomatic transmitters are extremely low.

The only way to really reduce the odds without a large impact is quick testing with quick turnaround. Is there any progress on reusable home test kits with quick results yet?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    You sure you don't have Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease?
    Highly contagious and need to quarantine with that too.
    Its a completely different rash, and not found on the hands, feet or in the mouth.
    My daughters looks like this:

and this is HFM, which are more like blisters:

She's been exposed to HFM about 5 times never caught it I think she has some sort of natural immunity.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 09-14-2020 at 11:20 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Does anyone know at what temperature is their official guideline for a fever that warrants a test? I know anything above 37.5 is considered a low grade, my daughter has a 38.2 but they just state fever they dont state it needs to be 39 or 40 or whatever.

Its a completely different rash, and not found on the hands, feet or in the mouth.
    My daughters looks like this:

and this is HFM, which are more like blisters:

She's been exposed to HFM about 5 times never caught it I think she has some sort of natural immunity.
    Just making sure.
    I'd never heard of HFM before. Then caught it from a dirty ass family with kids.

My Ride
    ute

That's true, but playing the odds, with the first person having symptoms consistent with something else (ie allergies) and no known contact would mean that the probability that others in the household being asymptomatic transmitters are extremely low.

The only way to really reduce the odds without a large impact is quick testing with quick turnaround. Is there any progress on reusable home test kits with quick results yet?
    I think you're correct. The problem is that people are really bad at judging their own symptoms - if people were more educated and responsible in the area, then we could probably put more responsibility on them.

It sounds like good progress is being made on the at home testing. The TWiV guys were saying that we aren't far from lick-a-stick testing. Forget masks and even vaccines, the at-home testing will be the revolutionary technology in this.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    None of them are banking on it. They are doing the legal, feasible minimum as a defence, for when the inevitable lawsuit appears.
    That's an interesting theory that I had not considered. You could very well be correct.

My Ride
    4x4

Well kiddo didn't get sent home today... Even though he does sound pretty rough. I'm not sure if that's good or bad honestly. On the bright side the smoke wasn't as bad today it seemed to me at least.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Yes, fever is pretty low on the list.
    Called a walk-in clinic tonight as 811 told me to take my daughter in for a appt despite the fact she has a covid test tomorrow morning and the walk-in clinic said fever was their highest rated covid symptom.

My Ride
    ute

Called a walk-in clinic tonight as 811 told me to take my daughter in for a appt despite the fact she has a covid test tomorrow morning and the walk-in clinic said fever was their highest rated covid symptom.
    The recent data (as far as I understand it), is that fever can be quite rare among the younger people. One of the universities was saying that only 1 or 2 in twenty of their positive test students showed a notable fever. Dont quote me on that cuz I can't find the source now.

My Ride
    *The First*

^This. The walk-in clinic is parroting the same BS list of alleged symptoms.

Are you guys ready for another insider secret? The most consistently reported, notable symptom among the infected cases I know about is a deep, sudden muscular back pain. That's usually combined with other "I'm obviously sick" symptoms, but the back pain one is at least seemingly somewhat unique to CoVid.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    ^This. The walk-in clinic is parroting the same BS list of alleged symptoms.

Are you guys ready for another insider secret? The most consistently reported, notable symptom among the infected cases I know about is a deep, sudden muscular back pain. That's usually combined with other "I'm obviously sick" symptoms, but the back pain one is at least seemingly somewhat unique to CoVid.
    This is consistent with the two family members that actually contracted the virus. They both said it was the worst body aches they have experienced with a virus before. Both in their early 50's with pre-existing issues and both had similar levels of severity.

Page 428 of 985 FirstFirst ... 418 427 428 429 438 ... LastLast