Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 843 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 843 of 985 FirstFirst ... 833 842 843 844 853 ... LastLast
Results 16,841 to 16,860 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Professionals and experts in their field post their information in journals and reports.

They don't post their thoughts on YouTube, tiktok or second hand media outlets.

Has anyone had the CEO of their company put out their operational plan or earning statements on tiktok?
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if it’s like the Delta peak elsewhere in the world, it drops back down to earth really quickly. I think my initial estimate on when this wave ends (specifically easing of hospitalizations) was 2nd week of October based on that.

Maybe they have some data that I don’t actually showing it?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    Professionals and experts in their field post their information in journals and reports.
    They don't post their thoughts on YouTube, tiktok or second hand media outlets.
    Yeah, but where else are you going to get support for your "alternative view"? People aren't going to listen to you unless you have a source, because most of us aren't disease experts. Either are the people on social media, of course, but at least then you can offload the burden of proof and not look like quite as much of a moron because you had "proof".

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Well if it’s like the Delta peak elsewhere in the world, it drops back down to earth really quickly. I think my initial estimate on when this wave ends (specifically easing of hospitalizations) was 2nd week of October based on that.

Maybe they have some data that I don’t actually showing it?
    My modelling shows it dropping down to very low levels within 12 hours of them announcing a "circuit breaker" and closing down schools. So closing down the schools won't actually help, but people will think it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Yeah, but where else are you going to get support for your "alternative view"? People aren't going to listen to you unless you have a source, because most of us aren't disease experts. Either are the people on social media, of course, but at least then you can offload the burden of proof and not look like quite as much of a moron because you had "proof".
    Devil’s advocate, the experts also claimed that covid could not have come from a lab. Not only is that looking very likely now, but some of the key people that were against the idea of a lab leak (fauci and daszak) are looking to be unintentionally complicit in the release. Establishment sources and experts have done themselves no favours in countering anti-vax sentiment by not highlighting the above and distancing themselves from people like this, or calling out bad policy. Thankfully the fda pushed back on joe Biden saying everyone needed boosters with no supporting evidence.

Last edited by finboy; 09-28-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Have we mentioned the top heavy conference, today?

3:30pm. 4 week firebreaker can’t possibly happen, can it???
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Have we mentioned the top heavy conference, today?

3:30pm. 4 week firebreaker can’t possibly happen, can it???
    They've upgraded the 'strongly' recommended measures to be 'we very very strongly' recommend them.

Hopefully its a QR code added to the vaccine passport and a provincial app rollout to scan. So stupid they didn't have one made or even just get something from another province. Literally all the data is available on the vaccine card website already. No reason they can't hire a app developer to have something out within a few days.

Knowing AB's too little too late ... we'll see I guess.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Everything except triaging unvaccinated Covid patients to the tent is a pussy foot half measure.

Winter is coming.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    They've upgraded the 'strongly' recommended measures to be 'we very very strongly' recommend them.

Hopefully its a QR code added to the vaccine passport and a provincial app rollout to scan. So stupid they didn't have one made or even just get something from another province. Literally all the data is available on the vaccine card website already. No reason they can't hire a app developer to have something out within a few days.

Might want to pump the brakes on that app considering the latest on the portpass

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Might want to pump the brakes on that app considering the latest on the portpass
    Portpass is not a government app. It was a 3rd party app someone local designed on their own with 0 input from AHS. Of course it'll have security flaws.

Literally all AHS needs to do to make a QR code work:

1) Create a public/private keypair (RSA/SSH/PGP all would work)
    2) Everyones QR code is simply: Your AB health number - your date of birth - your first shot then hashed against the public key to produce a QR code link.
    3) The existing vaccine card website is modified to allow a sublink that inputs the hash. (example https://www.albertavaccinerecord.ca/...GAJDFHKGAKDJHF)
    4) The website simply takes the hash input decrypts it using the private key, and then it has the 3 field required to produce the vaccine card. And it shows the vaccine card.

And that's about it. One key, one edit to the website, and then that's about it for the interface side of things. The app is simply a QR scanner that would only go to the AB vaccine website. Zero security concerns as the private key only exists on the AHS website, no personal information is contained in the QR code, and no way to decrypt it without decades of brute forcing.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Portpass is not a government app. It was a 3rd party app someone local designed on their own with 0 input from AHS. Of course it'll have security flaws.

Literally all AHS needs to do to make a QR code work:

1) Create a public/private keypair (RSA/SSH/PGP all would work)
    2) Everyones QR code is simply: Your AB health number - your date of birth - your first shot then hashed against the public key to produce a QR code link.
    3) The existing vaccine card website is modified to allow a sublink that inputs the hash. (example https://www.albertavaccinerecord.ca/...GAJDFHKGAKDJHF)
    4) The website simply takes the hash input decrypts it using the private key, and then it has the 3 field required to produce the vaccine card. And it shows the vaccine card.

And that's about it. One key, one edit to the website, and then that's about it for the interface side of things. The app is simply a QR scanner that would only go to the AB vaccine website. Zero security concerns as the private key only exists on the AHS website, no personal information is contained in the QR code, and no way to decrypt it without decades of brute forcing.
    Schrodinger’s government - incompetent in how they handle covid response for 18+ Months but competent enough to roll out an app that has security top of mind with next to no notice.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Schrodinger’s government - incompetent in how they handle covid response for 18+ Months but competent enough to roll out an app that has security top of mind with next to no notice.
    Thats why I put it like I did though. There's 0 security concerns doing it that way because nothing is stored in the app. No private data, no app-side verifications, literally nothing. A comp-sci dropout could make an app that simply opens the camera then opens the QR link and goes to the vaccine record page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I trust comp-sci dropouts. Governments rate somewhat lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I for one would not want my dob, name, and ab health number available so publicly I.e. built into a qr code. No thanks.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    I for one would not want my dob, name, and ab health number available so publicly I.e. built into a qr code. No thanks.
    That's the point of the keypair hash. When you go online to print your card out it makes the QR code for you. The QR code only contains the hash which looks like this: AHFSDHFLKSHBEDUTHRERUITH. It doesn't directly contain any of your information and the only way to convert the hash back to personal info is the private key. Which is only on the AHS's site when it goes to validate your QR.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Nobody cares about your thing for ass play.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So since the NDP was so up in arms when CIDA was originally passed, are we going to see them come out tonight and say how it shouldn’t be implemented around hospitals and how it’s unconstitutional? Or will it be a case of it being a bad law when aimed at FN protestors blocking railways and acceptable when aimed at groups THEY don’t agree with
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Nobody cares about your thing for ass play.
    Name:  1DE99B8F-18E8-4D9D-B577-F04C8A5F758F.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  113.4 KB

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Why does this matter at all to some people? I took a picture of my 2nd Vax paperwork and just show it to people on my phone. Never once had an issue at hockey, job site or the pub. Who cares about an actual passport or QR code it's completely useless.

Page 843 of 985 FirstFirst ... 833 842 843 844 853 ... LastLast