Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 365 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 365 of 985 FirstFirst ... 355 364 365 366 375 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

I think the whole point is that if you get an overloaded health care system you will start to have exponentially more death. Canada is still well under (some people say too far under loaded) USA has also historically not given two nickels to healthcare prevention, leaving it up to healthcare cure (after the fact) and only for those that can afford it, everyone else basically gets to tough it through on their own (the american way) or die.

To many religious types "whatever does not kill only makes you stronger". I do wonder though what they think of Chinas numbers (if true) sure the first cases may be from there, but it looks like god is smiting all the fat people (to be blunt). 1918 flu smite power was inflicted on 29 year olds.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-16-2020 at 06:52 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you want to compare to a US State, try Idaho, Nebraska and the Dakotas. That's more fair from a population density and probably demographic perspective.
    Idaho: 6
    Nebraska: 15
    South Dakota: 12
    North Dakota : 12
    (deaths /100, 000 population)

Still higher than the 3.7 for Alberta that was posted above. But a lot closer. Data matters, and how you compare that data matters too, before you even begin to interpret it.

Edit: there's also the fact that there are many "excess deaths" that are not counted as Covid19 deaths, but which may be at least partially due to it.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...d-19-1.4993550

The number of excess deaths is 10x what's been reported as Covid19 deaths. Seems fishy, unless people were dropping dead of starvation at home or something.
    Some days I think I should have been an actuary. I find these type of statistics absolutely fascinating.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 07-16-2020 at 06:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Easily the best.
    Number one in the world.
    That's because Trump is a numbers guy and he will tell you that no one is better at numbers than him.

Insert Trump number memes below.
    Last edited by speedog; 07-16-2020 at 07:01 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The only number that matters is #1.
    Name:  if-youre-not-first-youre-last.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  70.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

#NoFear

Name:  Screenshot_20200716-101059_Firefox.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  349.0 KB

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia...-across-state/

Georgia bans banning of masks. Wait, whut?
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia...-across-state/

Georgia bans banning of masks. Wait, whut?
    Pretty fucked up, eh.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I think Florida would be a bad comparison for AB. Florida is pretty much a huge retirement location for many 65+ people in North America, right up there with Arizona. With seniors being the most susceptible to the virus, it would stand to reason that their death rate would be higher.
    Oh I agree wholeheartedly, which is why Florida should be taking things more seriously. The comparison was made by others, I simply showed it was a stupid one to make.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Pretty fucked up, eh.
    Indeed, it is quite horrific, putting freedom of people ahead of government mandate "for the greater good", because government knows best. I mean, look at how well they've handled the crisis so far.

We're 6 months into this and they've figured out the mask situation /sarcasm. Got some of the top minds in the world on this. Can't even confirm if you can have immunity or not from the coronavirus.

What Georgia did was support the people's right to freedom. If only Canadians weren't so caught up in the government solving everything for them, we wouldn't be the most indebted G7 country due to this "pandemic".

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Indeed, it is quite horrific, putting freedom of people ahead of government mandate "for the greater good", because government knows best. I mean, look at how well they've handled the crisis so far.

We're 6 months into this and they've figured out the mask situation /sarcasm. Got some of the top minds in the world on this. Can't even confirm if you can have immunity or not from the coronavirus.

What Georgia did was support the people's right to freedom. If only Canadians weren't so caught up in the government solving everything for them, we wouldn't be the most indebted G7 country due to this "pandemic".
    Reminder folks: you're dealing with people like this genius, where new information doesn't change their perspective because they'd rather be angry and triggered than productive and helpful.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Unconfirmed but my Grandma's care home went into lockdown as we were told we can't see her. Parents said 2 cases of COVID.
    Cos...

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Unconfirmed but my Grandma's care home went into lockdown as we were told we can't see her. Parents said 2 cases of COVID.
    The lockdowns have been extremely successful since about April, so she's got a great chance compared to earlier.

My Ride
    Edge

Indeed, it is quite horrific, putting freedom of people ahead of government mandate "for the greater good", because government knows best.
    Putting others' concerns and needs ahead of one's own is generally considered a virtue. Of course, that largely gets lost on the individualistic cultures we have in NA.

I mean, look at how well they've handled the crisis so far.

It's called novel coronavirus for a reason...

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

A week ago Florida's highest daily deaths was 83 from back in April. The last 3 days have been 132, 112 and now today is 156 deaths basically doubling their prior peak in a week. As things continue and hospitals are maxed out we're gonna see that keep climbing higher.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    As things continue and hospitals are maxed out we're gonna see that keep climbing higher.
    Well, we would if the CDC were still the ones reporting the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Reminder folks: you're dealing with people like this genius, where new information doesn't change their perspective because they'd rather be angry and triggered than productive and helpful.
    I've noticed through your posts that you have quite the authoritarian left streak to your ideology.

That's fine, but understand many people do not want to be held to your whims enforced by the government.

It is not my responsibility to keep you safe. You need to keep yourself safe. I believe the term used here on Beyond is "govern yourself accordingly".

By all means, expand my horizons as to why I should give up my freedoms to support your desire to feel safe. Fair warning, I don't particularily put much concern into the wellfair of others I have no connection with, so it'll be a tall order, but I'm willing to hear you out.

Wearing a mask is to prevent transmission, not to prevent infection. I, not being sick, and having been tested and cleared, have done my due diligence.
    Last edited by zechs; 07-16-2020 at 10:30 AM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I've noticed through your posts that you have quite the authoritarian left streak to your ideology.

That's fine, but understand many people do not want to be held to your whims enforced by the government.

It is not my responsibility to keep you safe. You need to keep yourself safe. I believe the term used here on Beyond is "govern yourself accordingly".
    LOL "authoritarian left" because I want this fucking pandemic to end so we can go back to making money. Pretty funny.

The fact that you think my motivations are anything other than "I want the economy not to crater so I can sell my seven-figures worth of real estate and get the fuck out of this dying city" is pretty hilarious. You don't know shit, as your posts make very clear.

What I want is for selfish fucks like yourself to get over yourselves for a few months so we can put this pandemic bullshit to bed. That's it. But instead, you fucking Covidiots do shit like go to bars when you're asymptomatic and infect clusters of people, drawing this bullshit out and continuing to lower my property values.

The fastest way to do that is to wear a mask, follow some new norms when out in public, and keep infection rates low while we wait for a vaccine. Data from all over the world shows this, but you knob-knockers can't seem to get over yourselfs and "muh freedom" because the "authoritatian left" thinks you should wear a mask.

So yea, wear a mask. I don't give a fuck what you think your responsibility is, jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    If you don't report a death, did the person really die?

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    From the news thus morning...

Following the Trump administration’s decision to reroute coronavirus hospital data first to the administration, instead of sending it to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some data is no longer available on the CDC.gov website.

The information removed from the website is the hospital data that was reported to the CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network, according to CDC spokesperson Kristen Nordlund.

The data includes...

the current inpatient and intensive care unit bed occupancy
    Health care worker staffing
    Personal protective equipment supply status and availability
    The information appeared on the National Healthcare Safety Network Covid-19 module page and the CDC’s Covid-19 data tracker.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

By all means, expand my horizons as to why I should give up my freedoms to support your desire to feel safe. Fair warning, I don't particularily put much concern into the wellfair of others I have no connection with, so it'll be a tall order, but I'm willing to hear you out.
    It's funny you mention this. The whole point of wearing a mask to keep the venerable safer. The majority of the vulnerable are those who don't give a fuck about themselves in the first place. The chances of someone like myself, with no health conditions, under 40, fit and healthy dying from COVID is extremely low. The general population needs to take better care of themselves, as soon as there is a flu going around everybody loses their fucking minds. People eat, drink, smoke to excess and drive without due care and rely on pharmaceuticals to get through the day. These peoples lives are no longer worth enough to me to wear a mask with their safety in mind. I'll put a mask on if a shop or whatever requires one, I don't see it as an infringement of my freedom. I'd rather not start pointless shit because I want to buy whatever useless consumable.

Page 365 of 985 FirstFirst ... 355 364 365 366 375 ... LastLast