Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 391 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 391 of 985 FirstFirst ... 381 390 391 392 401 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Has anyone been to a sit down restaurant this weekend in Calgary? They bylaw excludes while eating/ drinking but does that mean masks while walking in, being seated, waiting for the drinks to hit the table and then masks off until you leave or what's happening there?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Axis powers

Still seeing quite a few people without masks, they have a smug look about them like they’re proud not to wear it
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still seeing quite a few people without masks, they have a smug look about them like they’re proud not to wear it
    Curious as to where you're seeing this. I had to go to two businesses yesterday and mask usage was 100% at both HOWEVER customer count was less well less than half of normal. One location I was in & out in five minutes so I may have just had lucky timing but the other one was concerning as at this time of year, ESPECIALLY on a long weekend this business is PACKED, probably 30 - 40 people in the store at any given time. I was in there for about an hour and there was easily less than 10 customers in total.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I was at EQ3 where a lady would come in with a mask and then immediately put it under her chin as she walked around. I think someone had to get her to put it back on lol.

Then at Five Guys, most people come in with masks and wore them when they were in "public space". Then only had them off at their table. When they had to get back up to go get something, they would put the mask back on. Seemed to make sense. Only thing that did not make sense was people not following the signage and still refilling their fountain drink with the same cup they used to drink out of

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Curious as to where you're seeing this. I had to go to two businesses yesterday and mask usage was 100% at both HOWEVER customer count was less well less than half of normal. One location I was in & out in five minutes so I may have just had lucky timing but the other one was concerning as at this time of year, ESPECIALLY on a long weekend this business is PACKED, probably 30 - 40 people in the store at any given time. I was in there for about an hour and there was easily less than 10 customers in total.
    Canadian tire and dollar store
    Sig nuked by mod.

Yes, fine all the people who do not cover their face and let looters take Gucci bags. Don't try to change the universe on our dimensional plane, change it from its real source - the projection of existence onto our plane of existence. Change the lightbulb, not the wall its projected onto.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I was in Alberta, now I'm in BC. Keep up bud.
    Fine. I will move your appointments around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Not surprising, back home (rural AB, north of Edmonton) they never shutdown. Even March/April there was still rodeos happening with hundreds of people every second weekend they were just kept quiet and word of mouth. Lots of them still think it's all just a hoax.

The upside is most of them are the people that will refuse to come to Calgary now because of the mask requirements ... Which is good because they can stay the fuck out of the city

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Not surprising, back home (rural AB, north of Edmonton) they never shutdown. Even March/April there was still rodeos happening with hundreds of people every second weekend they were just kept quiet and word of mouth. Lots of them still think it's all just a hoax.
    Name:  0430D5CF-0F88-4C16-9A7F-798A1B52B98C.gif
Views: 246
Size:  325.0 KB
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

What the mask argument has accomplished is further divide society...

My Ride

So I had to answer my own question. Went out for dinner tonight with the family, it was the same as it was last week and for many weeks before with staff masked, no customers masked.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

It’s a difficult thing, how many people are needlessly going to die from this?? It’s not looking like many, but you don’t know. So play it safe seems like the best solution.

So I go to my gym I mask from the door to the locker room, 50’ max. Then while I workout no mask, touching sweaty things, hopefully that are cleaned, And it seems most are. Then I mask and leave. Is any logical person going to say that mask is going to fix anything in that situation. Restaurants are very similar In that respect. I don’t see the point.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    It’s a difficult thing, how many people are needlessly going to die from this?? It’s not looking like many, but you don’t know. So play it safe seems like the best solution.

So I go to my gym I mask from the door to the locker room, 50’ max. Then while I workout no mask, touching sweaty things, hopefully that are cleaned, And it seems most are. Then I mask and leave. Is any logical person going to say that mask is going to fix anything in that situation. Restaurants are very similar In that respect. I don’t see the point.
    Absolutely yes. If you want to lower your risk significantly, you avoid those extremely optional places. If you don't care, keep going.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Absolutely yes. If you want to lower your risk significantly, you avoid those extremely optional places. If you don't care, keep going.
    Can't get swole working out in nature. Must need expensive gym membership to get some reps on the grunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Can't get swole working out in nature. Must need expensive gym membership to get some reps on the grunts.
    What if gym access is free and staying strong and healthy strengthens your immune system?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think that brings up a valid point. We should all try and yuge so we can physically fight covid.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    NC1

Obese ppl have a tougher time with Covid but one of the benefits of Covid is you will lose a lot of weight so not all is lost
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I am glad that with a couple exceptions that most people on Beyond seem pretty level headed about all this. That includes the virus itself as well as the government's rules in response.

I am on a couple local Facebook groups in particular and some people are fucking fanatical about their rights and how Trudeau is a traitor and running a communist government etc etc etc. Their words border on violent, and it's almost like they are fighting a battle that doesn't really exist except in their minds. And either you are with them or you are the enemy.

These are the ones who of course refuse to listen to government guidance and fight vehemently for their right to choose. It would be not so frightening if there were just a few crazies out there but the following appears FAR stronger than I imagined. It's like a whole subculture. A dangerous one.

I think we are all well educated about this virus. The people who aren't doing what they are asked are making a statement about who they are, and I would venture to guess the vast majority of those people are part of that group I mentioned above.

We cannot knock out this virus while such a large portion of citizens continue to act like this isn't a big deal. I love our country but we have gotten so soft we simply don't have the control of our public required to properly respond the way we need to.

And after schools reopen and those little bastards are gonna be speaking moistly in each other's faces?

Fuckin hell.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I am glad that with a couple exceptions that most people on Beyond seem pretty level headed about all this. That includes the virus itself as well as the government's rules in response.

I am on a couple local Facebook groups in particular and some people are fucking fanatical about their rights and how Trudeau is a traitor and running a communist government etc etc etc. Their words border on violent, and it's almost like they are fighting a battle that doesn't really exist except in their minds. And either you are with them or you are the enemy.

These are the ones who of course refuse to listen to government guidance and fight vehemently for their right to choose. It would be not so frightening if there were just a few crazies out there but the following appears FAR stronger than I imagined. It's like a whole subculture. A dangerous one.

I think we are all well educated about this virus. The people who aren't doing what they are asked are making a statement about who they are, and I would venture to guess the vast majority of those people are part of that group I mentioned above.

We cannot knock out this virus while such a large portion of citizens continue to act like this isn't a big deal. I love our country but we have gotten so soft we simply don't have the control of our public required to properly respond the way we need to.

And after schools reopen and those little bastards are gonna be speaking moistly in each other's faces?

Fuckin hell.
    Everything you are speaking to is a direct byproduct of social media. The barrier to entry for having a global voice should be much higher than it is.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Everything you are speaking to is a direct byproduct of social media. The barrier to entry for having a global voice should be much higher than it is.
    Truth.

Page 391 of 985 FirstFirst ... 381 390 391 392 401 ... LastLast