Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 278 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 278 of 985 FirstFirst ... 268 277 278 279 288 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hard to say what's faster, driving my truck or my honda fit. One is faster down the centre street hill, the other can really rip around James Short Parkade to park.
    Whoa... pay for parking? You could be rolling in almost 2 CLAs for that price. Now that would get you DT fast!

One question I have is why isn't the city using this massive opportunity to high grade road work like crowchild tr bridge and get these done while traffic is at an all time low?
    Add in the fact that no influx of stampede tourists and it makes for efficient road repairs and expansion. Also brings up the employment rate.

Run dual shifts and even make it a camp type setup if getting the virus is a worker's concern. 3 on 1 off or something.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Everytime I drive in the NW I feel like this. It's just a big sea of two storey houses. I always just sing the Weeds theme song to myself.
    Tell me about it... I'm trying to house hunt on my move back some time this year and I am conflicted every single day.

Nothing like the feeling of "wtf am I doing with my life..." when I Google satellite view a community and see hundreds of houses rubbed against each other. Fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by ickyflex View Post
    Update: Skateboard ramp dead smack in middle now lol
    Duke's of Hazzard time!

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Call bylaw
    Even if you did, the concept of cohort families has been addressed and is something that is basically encouraged.

Someone called the police today when there were 7 people skating on a rink. The cops showed up, did nothing because nothing was wrong and left. Bunch of resources wasted because someone was upset by the way a situation looked. Most likely someone who has their own interpretation of the public health orders and is losing it every time they see something that doesn’t fit their interpretation
    Last edited by FraserB; 04-25-2020 at 11:57 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Whoa... pay for parking? You could be rolling in almost 2 CLAs for that price. Now that would get you DT fast!
    You assume I was downtown all those workdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    How much land would you need to live out Bearspaw or Springbank? My goal is to have 5ish acres out that way. Don't need a mountain view. But the land needs to be bush.
    That is why I love where we live in Water Valley. We only have 2.5 acres (2.48 or some shit to be more accurate) but because we are forested with only maybe 1/4 of an acre around the house being cleared, it might as well be 250 acres. We have complete privacy all around us without any direct sight into our living space, inside or out. Other than in the pitch black from the right angle you might catch a pinprick of a porch light through the trees, we are always alone. It really is fantastic!
    Last edited by tirebob; 04-26-2020 at 05:14 AM.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I also don't understand the idea of living out in Springbank or Bearspaw without a stellar mountain view, and instead a clear view of your neighbors backyard that really isn't that far away. Paying that much without a view. What a waste.
    I agree with you on the view comment, if you’re living outside the city, make the most of it... The difference between Springbank and the other two though, is proximity to downtown. Springbank is way quicker to get downtown, probably less than 1/2 the time of bearspaw during rush hr... and okotoks/black diamond shouldn’t even be in the same sentence. Might as well come in from Canmore at that point.

Edit: although, like bob says... view notwithstanding, seclusion is a benefit to living out there as well. Lots of areas in Springbank that have bush.
    Last edited by bjstare; 04-26-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    still waiting for someone to make an actual argument for why this would be true

It's not true! That's the entire point. What are you even arguing about right now? It's not racist, therefore its uncalled for for JT to get up on his high horse again, insinuating that anyone who disagrees with his government's actions is a racist, misogynist, bigot, homophobe, etc take your pick. He did it about this Tam thing, and he has done it numerous other times as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Everytime I drive in the NW I feel like this. It's just a big sea of two storey houses. I always just sing the Weeds theme song to myself.
    NW? Every newer community is a sea of two storey homes regardless of quadrant. Cheaper to build than a similarly sized bungalow with the same square footage plus developers can get a better return on their investment because stuffing more houses in. Even some inner city communities are becoming seas of two storeys.

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    “Experts demolish studies suggesting COVID-19 is no worse than flu“
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...orse-than-flu/
    Oh no! What do we do? Experts on both sides say opposite things. Mind is exploding.

Morning all. As my mind wanders from boredom: I wonder what bat actually tastes like. Bats usually eat berries and live insects (and the very rare species that bites humans) Which tends to make me think its tasty. Chickens on the other hand, eat live insects and are scavengers - which means they will absolutely pick on week old carcasses if they have the chance.

As a disease transmitter, it probably is no coincidence that the flu - from chickens (bird) came first. Which brings another question: Should we be eating bats, but not chickens? What meat source is the least likely to be infected by a rogue pathogen?

Pulp fiction Spoiler
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-26-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    One question I have is why isn't the city using this massive opportunity to high grade road work like crowchild tr bridge and get these done while traffic is at an all time low?
    Add in the fact that no influx of stampede tourists and it makes for efficient road repairs and expansion. Also brings up the employment rate.

Run dual shifts and even make it a camp type setup if getting the virus is a worker's concern. 3 on 1 off or something.
    The city workers and contractors need their covid vacation too. If anything Thai covid thing is somehow going to inflate the cost of that bridge even further.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    we are always alone.
    Name:  Foreveralone.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  26.3 KB
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

The way Home Depot is handling this can fuckin blow me. They treat you like shit and make the shopping experience a baffling ordeal without increasing safety. In fact, good fucking luck if there's a fire while you've blocked 75% of your exits. Cocks!
    Thank Allah they block you from entering the Garden Centre from the store!! So safety!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post

I'd do road construction this summer working 12 hr days, especially the Crowchild Bridge. Like a 5 minute walk to work and get that mess finally over with.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The way Home Depot is handling this can fuckin blow me. They treat you like shit and make the shopping experience a baffling ordeal without increasing safety. In fact, good fucking luck if there's a fire while you've blocked 75% of your exits. Cocks!
    Thank Allah they block you from entering the Garden Centre from the store!! So safety!
    If you have to shop anywhere, do it at night on a weekday. Somehow despite all these suburban people staying home all day every day, they all still do their shopping during peak times on the weekends.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    If you have to shop anywhere, do it at night on a weekday. Somehow despite all these suburban people staying home all day every day, they all still do their shopping during peak times on the weekends.
    Yep, weekend are disgusting just like always.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Yup. Made it as far as driving into the lot. Saw the line yesterday and was like “nooooope” then went up to Lowe’s and walked right in. Not a single person even in front of me at the till

The city workers and contractors need their covid vacation too. If anything Thai covid thing is somehow going to inflate the cost of that bridge even further.
    I still think they need to take advantage of this time. Get it done! Setup Atco trailer camps with food services and you stay for 4 weeks. Dedicated health groups to look after any illness.

Home Depot is terrible with the line up. Even if I am 4th in line. I think it's useless and a waste of time. Been there twice. Went weekday evening.

Crap tire too, line ups?! Fuck what am I 20 again waiting to get into a nightclub?

Page 278 of 985 FirstFirst ... 268 277 278 279 288 ... LastLast