Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 149 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 149 of 985 FirstFirst ... 139 148 149 150 159 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assuming alberta as a whole gets locked down tight this week sometime. What do you think is the period of no cases before they loosen restrictions. On cross country checkup they said we would expect 2-4 months of lockdown before it is eased but total restrictions lifted wasnt mentioned.
    There will never be zero cases. Understand that. The virus is now a permanent part of our ecosystem, just like polio viruses are still floating around everywhere.

Humanity has eradicated exactly ONE human virus: smallpox. The first vaccine was invented in 1798. Good luck!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    Im genuinely curious how everyone here's opinions/attitudes have changed about Chinese/Asians.

Myself, they haven't changed at all. Even if it did start in China eating fucked up shit, we're no better here we've just been lucky. Food Inc came out in 2008 and we still ignore the warnings in that doc.

Let's always not forget how poor China was not so long ago and some parts still are, I don't blame them for eating anything and everything.
    I am not going to lie. Seeing how people behaved the last week, a bit of Chinese authoritarianism is probably needed in the west.

Chinese response to the whole thing (other than getting into war of words with Trump) is been pretty good. All they owe to the world is get rid of wet/live markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I am not going to lie. Seeing how people behaved the last week, a bit of Chinese authoritarianism is probably needed in the west.

Chinese response to the whole thing (other than getting into war of words with Trump) is been pretty good. All they owe to the world is get rid of wet/live markets.
    The wet markets are dying anyhow as only mostly older Chinese use them, but basic hygiene still isn't a thing over there. Many public bathroom don't even have sinks. The concept of hand washing and how it prevents the spread of germs doesn't even exist in many places.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    We are way past the what-ifs at this point, no one could predict what a Cons government would have done in the same situation. We really need to distance ourselves from China after this is all over. Keep their communism and disease spreading country away from North America.
    There isn't a political party in North America who wouldn't have fucked this up in some way. I would rather pick up an entire dog park worth of shit with my bare hands than shake Justin Trudeau's but let's be real clear here - NO party or leader would have done any better/worse. They would just have different optics and fuck it up in a different way, we have no effective leadership regardless of party stripe.

I think the world will do far better by holding China accountable and affecting change than by segregating it. Remember as someone already said, we have our own host of food supply practices that will become unmanageable eventually, likely sooner than later.

Global segregation does no more for the common good than local segregation does.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Actually, there's currently an outbreak of some sort of swine flu in/ around Germany.

And they're culling chickens again like crazy in China.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    The wet markets are dying anyhow as only mostly older Chinese use them, but basic hygiene still isn't a thing over there. Many public bathroom don't even have sinks. The concept of hand washing and how it prevents the spread of germs doesn't even exist in many places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

Yeah, the Chinese boomers will need to die first before that cultural shift occurs in full. Seafood City here was built with that setup here, so that would need to change. Still boggled me why they wanted THAT much authenticity when people worked their asses off to leave that type of atmosphere.

Lmao HK believed that hot tea washes and cleanses chopsticks. FUCK THAT. I hit that with Purell when I went.

Actually, there's currently an outbreak of some sort of swine flu in/ around Germany.

And they're culling chickens again like crazy in China.
    Bird flu in Philippines but I think it's contained now.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Honestly, we don't exactly have the best hygiene practices here either. Most white folks don't think twice about shaking hands or even hugging complete strangers. We were always taught to cough into our hands/ fists and when at work in the office for a full day, I visit the washroom maybe 3-4 times, and at least once a day I'll see someone not wash their hands, and we're talking about white people here. And what's up with white chicks who put their purses on the ground everywhere including washroom floors.
    . And then coming home and not thinking twice about putting that same purse on a kitchen counter top??? Don't even get me started on all the white people who clip their nails in the office.

Oh and hockey....fuck, hacking after every shift and just spitting it all out lol sharing/stealing water bottles, and then after all that, the obligatory handshakes with our gloves off

My Ride
    4x4

I'm curious about those billions successive governments have spent on epidemic/pandemic control and research since SARS. I mean it's a budgetary line item FFS and - honestly they're winging it. It doesn't appear there's any plan or cohesive response in place.

Got kicked out of the local covid group for calling the MLM mom's out on being stupid for demanding everyone not leave the house. Funny how their kids are all able to play fortnite 24/7 without issues

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    There is a guy going around New York on his bicycle. Its actually quite beautiful once you get rid of all the honking cars.

Check out all these photos of NYC on lockdown.

https://twitter.com/joaquimcampa/sta...430738438?s=21

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Getting a bit sick of all the Karen's freaking out at people going for walks or hiking... it is beyond easy to space out more then 2 m on a hike or ski tour or whatever. People need sun and exercise for mental health, and i guarantee are happier then the people losing their minds in their basements.
    Its like people think this virus is just a big floating cloud ready to pounce and attack human kind. Like fuck.. no. You can BE around people just keep the distance far enough away that their cooties stay off you.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I just hope that China never allows wet markets to reopen and any underground/illegal markets are hunted down and they make any involved disappear the ol' chinese special way.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Im genuinely curious how everyone here's opinions/attitudes have changed about Chinese/Asians.

Myself, they haven't changed at all. Even if it did start in China eating fucked up shit, we're no better here we've just been lucky. Food Inc came out in 2008 and we still ignore the warnings in that doc.

Let's always not forget how poor China was not so long ago and some parts still are, I don't blame them for eating anything and everything.
    Asians hate each other equally, so nothing has changed for me.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

I think there's going to be some hate, especially in the short term. Italy and the US are more than likely going to have some hate
    The definition of fucked up shit in terms of diet is culture based, there are going to be cultures that look at the animals you eat and think you're fucked up. They just need to make sure the animals are served in a more sanitary environment and vetted. It's the cross contamination that's fucked

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Asians hate each other equally, so nothing has changed for me.
    You're Asian? I thought you were Filipino.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Getting a bit sick of all the Karen's freaking out at people going for walks or hiking... it is beyond easy to space out more then 2 m on a hike or ski tour or whatever. People need sun and exercise for mental health, and i guarantee are happier then the people losing their minds in their basements.
    Exactly. My wife and I were out for a walk around the neighborhood yesterday and at one point walked through a group of 8 or so neighbours/friends all hanging out on a driveway, spaced several feet apart and on both sides of the sidewalk. Had a few laughs as we walked through but it was a perfect setup for a small group of people to still connect.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    You're Asian? I thought you were Filipino.
    My Chinese dad would say the same thing.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    My Chinese dad would say the same thing.
    What does your Filipino dad say?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    What does your Filipino dad say?
    "Open de light; two dark en herr"

Honestly, we don't exactly have the best hygiene practices here either. Most white folks don't think twice about shaking hands or even hugging complete strangers. We were always taught to cough into our hands/ fists and when at work in the office for a full day, I visit the washroom maybe 3-4 times, and at least once a day I'll see someone not wash their hands, and we're talking about white people here. And what's up with white chicks who put their purses on the ground everywhere including washroom floors.
    . And then coming home and not thinking twice about putting that same purse on a kitchen counter top??? Don't even get me started on all the white people who clip their nails in the office.

Oh and hockey....fuck, hacking after every shift and just spitting it all out lol sharing/stealing water bottles, and then after all that, the obligatory handshakes with our gloves off
    That's really nothing compared to touching, with your bare hands, raw meat on a counter, and then going to a different meat counter and touching that meat with your hands, and then picking up some vegetables with those same unwashed hands, and then taking a dump in a bathroom, wiping your ass with those hands and then walking out without washing those hands.

Imagine those hands never being washed until that person decides to take a shower the next day or that night.

This is life for millions in China.

Page 149 of 985 FirstFirst ... 139 148 149 150 159 ... LastLast