Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 771 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 771 of 985 FirstFirst ... 761 770 771 772 781 ... LastLast
Results 15,401 to 15,420 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

One Rule for the Masters....Another Rule for the Plebs and Serfs

Name:  67-2021-social-distance-getty-640x480.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  88.7 KB

NO Social Distancing or Mask Wearing except for when it's Staged Photo Time. The Hypocrites who Rule over All others Love to Show off How they can skirt their rules and/or convince the Casual that they are sooooo Virtuous.

But there are still People that know that the Masters don't believes a word they're telling us about the 'Pandemic'.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Those people are likely all double penetrated.

Why would they not act normally? Once we’re all inoculated twice, the risk is peanuts.

We’ll get sick still - that’s expected. What we won’t be is in hospital.

Side note - I’m still blown away by how many people think the vaccine will eliminate and prevent Covid. Lol.

We’re still going to get it, but instead we’ll be drinking tea watching Netflix instead of in a hospital.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Why would they not act normally? Once we’re all inoculated twice, the risk is peanuts.

Side note - I’m still blown away by how many people think the vaccine will eliminate and prevent Covid. Lol.

We’re still going to get it, but instead we’ll be drinking tea watching Netflix instead of in a hospital.
    why do you think this is the case?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    why do you think this is the case?
    That’ll we’ll get sick still?

Isn’t the main premise of the vaccination to reduce the chance of severe outcomes? I don’t think any paper or article I’ve seen has said it’s primary mechanism to prevent infection.

As in, asymptomatic will likely be the most prevalent - but the person is still infected. And the ones who show symptoms can shrug it off like a cold.

Am I out to lunch here?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

I don’t think this is correct. The covid vaccines should also prevent most people from even minor symptoms as long as you are generally healthy and had a good immune response from the jabs. The people you hear about in the hospital outbreaks who still got sick after the shots aren’t in great shape to begin with so they aren’t as protected as the average person on the street who got jabbed.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think the point is mass vaccination will not only significantly reduce the severity of getting disease, but also have a dramatic impact on your likelihood of getting infected or sick at all.

Active case counts aren’t just dropping because people aren’t getting tested. Vaccines have already demonstrated strength in reducing the number of people getting infected as well.

I don’t really agree with the “we are still going to get it” part. Because vaccines are helping reduce that significantly.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_14.pdf

Delta causes 2.6x hospitalization rate than the 3rd wave we experienced with Alpha (B.117).

Vaccination may wiped 70% of population off the board but risk remain the same for hospital being over ran with what remains when delta generate more hospitalization.

My Ride
    ute

That’ll we’ll get sick still?

Isn’t the main premise of the vaccination to reduce the chance of severe outcomes? I don’t think any paper or article I’ve seen has said it’s primary mechanism to prevent infection.

As in, asymptomatic will likely be the most prevalent - but the person is still infected. And the ones who show symptoms can shrug it off like a cold.

Am I out to lunch here?
    The clinical trials all set their primary endpoint at severe illness. A trial is really designed to measure a vs b - "Vaccine vs X". They said very early on in the vaccine development that they just wanted to measure severe outcomes, rather than any outcomes. This is because severe outcomes are easier to track and easier to get statistically significant differences. By easier I mean faster and with relatively smaller numbers. If they wanted to track whether or not people got infected or didn't get infected, that is much more difficult as it takes significantly more testing (distinguishing asymptomatic vs symptomatic requires intensive testing). This was a smart decision on their part, because we needed to prevent people from dying and going to the hospital, and we didn't know if the vaccines were going to be good enough to do that. But what you get are trials which say "prevents severe covid". The reality is the vaccines are much more effective than that at preventing ALL covid, we just can't yet make that claim with statistically significant data. But it's equally inaccurate to say that the outcome of a vaccination is that you will get either mild covid or sever covid.

If you looks at these possible outcomes if you interact with the sars-cov2 virus:

1. Ded
    2. Severe covid ("I'm in the hospital")
    3. Bad covid ("I feel like shit")
    4. Mild covid ("Is this covid, or a cold?")
    5. Asymptomatic infection
    6. No infection at all

The reality is that the vaccine is likely to be very effective at pushing almost everyone into the 4 and 5 category - but these are the categories that are very difficult to test due to the required size of the trials. 6 is quite difficult to test, and unlikely as there are really only a couple of vaccines that can do that - smallpox being one.

My guess? The vaccine will put the vast (95%+?) of the population into category 5. No tea needed!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    more hospitalization.
    rates are secondary to gross numbers.

I told people to stop spazzing about variants months ago - people are still spazzing about variants.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The clinical trials all set their primary endpoint at severe illness. A trial is really designed to measure a vs b - "Vaccine vs X". They said very early on in the vaccine development that they just wanted to measure severe outcomes, rather than any outcomes. This is because severe outcomes are easier to track and easier to get statistically significant differences. By easier I mean faster and with relatively smaller numbers. If they wanted to track whether or not people got infected or didn't get infected, that is much more difficult as it takes significantly more testing (distinguishing asymptomatic vs symptomatic requires intensive testing). This was a smart decision on their part, because we needed to prevent people from dying and going to the hospital, and we didn't know if the vaccines were going to be good enough to do that. But what you get are trials which say "prevents severe covid". The reality is the vaccines are much more effective than that at preventing ALL covid, we just can't yet make that claim with statistically significant data. But it's equally inaccurate to say that the outcome of a vaccination is that you will get either mild covid or sever covid.

If you looks at these possible outcomes if you interact with the sars-cov2 virus:

1. Ded
    2. Severe covid ("I'm in the hospital")
    3. Bad covid ("I feel like shit")
    4. Mild covid ("Is this covid, or a cold?")
    5. Asymptomatic infection
    6. No infection at all

The reality is that the vaccine is likely to be very effective at pushing almost everyone into the 4 and 5 category - but these are the categories that are very difficult to test due to the required size of the trials. 6 is quite difficult to test, and unlikely as there are really only a couple of vaccines that can do that - smallpox being one.

My guess? The vaccine will put the vast (95%+?) of the population into category 5. No tea needed!
    That was very well said, and what I was trying to get to.

The tea and Netflix thing is worst case I hope, and agree with the asymptomatic.

Great point about this vaccine not eradicating Covid. When I mention that to people they look at me like I have three eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think the point is mass vaccination will not only significantly reduce the severity of getting disease, but also have a dramatic impact on your likelihood of getting infected or sick at all.

Active case counts aren’t just dropping because people aren’t getting tested. Vaccines have already demonstrated strength in reducing the number of people getting infected as well.

I don’t really agree with the “we are still going to get it” part. Because vaccines are helping reduce that significantly.
    Yes, I see what you’re saying. In my mind asymptomatic is still getting it.

The infection is still there, we just don’t feel it. And like Buster mentioned, hopefully the tea and Netflix is worst case.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

If you are a healthy person going about daily activities, then you probabilities would fall something like this (plus or minus an order of magnitude or two):

1. 1 in 10 million
    2. 1 in a million
    3. 1 in 10,000

4,5 who knows.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m saying that the vaccines are not only reducing the severity of illness. But they also seem to be effective at significantly reducing transmission within the population as well.

Good evidence of this is that test positivity is down dramatically. Asymptomatic people still test positive. However more and more people, relatively speaking, are testing negative. That’s hugely beneficial, and inclusive of the impact of more and more people who get it being a symptomatic or minimally ill and not getting tested.

If we were all still catching Covid in mass numbers and asymptomatic, I think it’s reasonable to say we would expect test positivity to remain stubbornly high. But that’s not the case, I take that as strong evidence that since vaccinations have become a thing many less people are getting infected than before. Which has wonderful knock on effects for the diseases effective danger going forward.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

My Ride
    ute

I’m saying that the vaccines are not only reducing the severity of illness. But they also seem to be effective at significantly reducing transmission within the population as well.

Good evidence of this is that test positivity is down dramatically. Asymptomatic people still test positive. However more and more people, relatively speaking, are testing negative. That’s hugely beneficial, and inclusive of the impact of more and more people who get it being a symptomatic or minimally ill and not getting tested.

If we were all still catching Covid in mass numbers and asymptomatic, I think it’s reasonable to say we would expect test positivity to remain stubbornly high. But that’s not the case, I take that as strong evidence that since vaccinations have become a thing many less people are getting infected than before. Which has wonderful knock on effects for the diseases effective danger going forward.
    I don't put much stock in positivity percentages myself, since there is a significant selection bias - but I get your point. It's almost a certainty at this point that the vaccines are very, very effective at preventing transmission (which is the same as saying they prevent asymptomatic infection). We just don't know to what degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    Ideology makes you less scientific -whether left or right. You just see it manifest in different ways.

My Ride

Yeah man, I see your point with the positivity. Same thing happened last year too, not sure if it’s weather related or what.

But vaccines are definitely the answer however you look at it.

I think it’ll be funny if employers require 2 weeks isolation with symptoms even after being dual penetrated.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Great, the CBC gave this kook more press time. This time around Gasperowicz is predicting 500 cases per day by July 18 and 2000 by August 3; to stop that she says we need 83% fully vaccinated and Stage 1 or pre-Stage 1 restrictions. She says we just can't see all the delta cases growing right now because of the cases going down.

They really should be going after these Covid Zero nuts who are basically trying to incite a panic.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...erta-1.6065760
    Last edited by FraserB; 06-15-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Great, the CBC gave this kook more press time. This time around Gasperowicz is predicting 500 cases per day by July 18 and 2000 by August 3; to stop that she says we need 83% fully vaccinated and Stage 1 or pre-Stage 1 restrictions. She says we just can't see all the delta cases growing right now because of the cases going down.

They really should be going after these Covid Zero nuts who are basically trying to incite a panic.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...erta-1.6065760
    I think this will be ignored and may be the only prediction have a good chance to materialize because we won't be doing anything this time.

If anything, I want nothing to be done to see if any of these prediction and projection were ever close.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-15-2021 at 01:46 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I wonder what these Covid zero nuts must thing of third world countries if they have such disastrous predictions for a developed country like Canada.

Is Africa just one big graveyard by august in their eyes?

fact.

My Ride

I wonder what these Covid zero nuts must thing of third world countries if they have such disastrous predictions for a developed country like Canada.

Is Africa just one big graveyard by august in their eyes?
    “Out of sight, out of mind..”

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 771 of 985 FirstFirst ... 761 770 771 772 781 ... LastLast