Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 345 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 345 of 436 FirstFirst ... 335 344 345 346 355 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 8719

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

  1. #6881
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    But now that the global supply is stabilizing, AHS says Alberta is returning to nasal pharyngeal swabs, “the gold standard for patient collection and testing of respiratory viruses.” https://trib.al/keaJ6Jd

    testing #'s about to plummet

  2. #6882
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,291
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Have you been tested is gonna mean something else in the dating scene now lol
    max_boost is a name known to all
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or the max boost portfolio lol xqq/hmmj/arkk/xgro/strathmore/Chinese food lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is diversification in a nut shell. Equity, Fixed Income, Tech, Stoner, Real Estate, and Steady Income.

  3. #6883
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,418
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But now that the global supply is stabilizing, AHS says Alberta is returning to nasal pharyngeal swabs, “the gold standard for patient collection and testing of respiratory viruses.” https://trib.al/keaJ6Jd

    testing #'s about to plummet
    Apparently pharmacists can do covid test now.

  4. #6884
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently pharmacists can do covid test now.
    Only asymptomatic testing. If you have symptoms you still need to call 811 or do the online assessment and go to the drive through testing
    Nolan

  5. #6885
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,835
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    How does “asymptomatic testing” work? Why would someone go get tested if they aren’t feeling symptoms? is the government encouraging people to get tested just for the hell of it even if you aren’t sick? Or is it more for people that see a lot of clients every day and they should be getting tested in case they are asymptomatic?

  6. #6886
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does “asymptomatic testing” work? Why would someone go get tested if they aren’t feeling symptoms? is the government encouraging people to get tested just for the hell of it even if you aren’t sick? Or is it more for people that see a lot of clients every day and they should be getting tested in case they are asymptomatic?
    More or less. For the province they get additional data on how common the virus is without symptoms as well as hopefully catch a few cases that could prevent a future outbreak. (For example the one case that turned into 34 at the east village condo building). For the individual it's piece of mind. Perhaps you are going to see your grand parents soon, you could go get tested 3 or 4 days before just to be safe. Or perhaps you are walking in the grocery store and someone sneeze towards you while walking by and now you are concerned so you get tested 4 or 5 days later just to know.

    Also if you find out someone you know caught covid and you've seen them recently but not enough to be considered a closer contact, you could go get tested still just to be safe.
    Nolan

  7. #6887
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    6,090
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does “asymptomatic testing” work? Why would someone go get tested if they aren’t feeling symptoms? is the government encouraging people to get tested just for the hell of it even if you aren’t sick? Or is it more for people that see a lot of clients every day and they should be getting tested in case they are asymptomatic?
    IMO more data in this scenario is helpful for a variety of reasons. The reality is we don't know enough about about this thing and are kind of 'making do' with what experts know thus far. Having a more precise measurement on how much the population is actually infected as a whole is useful.
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  8. #6888
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO more data in this scenario is helpful for a variety of reasons. The reality is we don't know enough about about this thing and are kind of 'making do' with what experts know thus far. Having a more precise measurement on how much the population is actually infected as a whole is useful.
    Does the data actually matter anymore?

    I mean years and years working behind masks/respirators as PPE. Apparently this whole time I should be dead from CO2 poisoning how they've covered up the daily deaths of healthcare workers this past decades too

  9. #6889
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    6,090
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    This article is great and shows opinions of both sides of the 'testing en masse' discussion.

    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...g-the-war-cvd/
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  10. #6890
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    sask
    My Ride
    Mullet
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s why I said “vibe”

    You really do miss social cues often, don’t you?
    okay? It's nearly impossible to figure out tone or cues off text. Also my comment wasn't an attack on yours.

  11. #6891
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,291
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only asymptomatic testing. If you have symptoms you still need to call 811 or do the online assessment and go to the drive through testing
    And it's a throat swab or? Did you get it done? How long for results?

    With the athletes now catching it I am really curious how it's affecting them. Other than getting beat up on the field, they are fit and healthy.
    max_boost is a name known to all
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or the max boost portfolio lol xqq/hmmj/arkk/xgro/strathmore/Chinese food lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is diversification in a nut shell. Equity, Fixed Income, Tech, Stoner, Real Estate, and Steady Income.

  12. #6892
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And it's a throat swab or? Did you get it done? How long for results?

    With the athletes now catching it I am really curious how it's affecting them. Other than getting beat up on the field, they are fit and healthy.
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/5/6...ma-coronavirus

    “The first four or five days, my doctor called and asked me to put on a mask and walk around the block to see if I would experience shortness of breath,” Moraes said. “I laughed. ‘Are you crazy? I’m an athlete my entire life, I have this disease for four days and you’re talking shortness of breath? You’re crazy.’ I hang up the phone, changed my clothes. I was already breathing heavy when I walked up the stairs. ‘My God, what is this?’ Man, I was so out of breath I had to sit down. I didn’t even walk around the block [laughs].”
    Nolan

  13. #6893
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,418
    Rep Power
    20

  14. #6894
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Leduc, Alberta
    Posts
    324
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    It depends: is your attitude "fuck everyone else"?
    It's laughable how poor your arguments are. Literally every bit of reasoning you use to slight anyone that doesn't agree with your preconceived notions about what is right or wrong(despite what all the data shows us), can all be applied to the complete opposite side of the coin. Someone is a douchebag for not wearing a mask? You can say the exact same thing about someone expecting everyone else to wear a mask because of them. Selfish and ignorant to not wear a mask? Also pretty selfish and ignorant to expect the entire world to do something specifically for little ol you. It's far more of a "fuck everyone else" attitude to expect every living person to wear some mask for the sake of a couple potentially at risk people.

    I'm 100% fine with wearing a mask if that is the rule we deem needs to be in place to open things up and get back to life. But I'm not jumping on the fear bandwagon that you nutjobs are on for something that has an average age of death higher than average human life expectancy. Plain and simple, it's a matter of personal responsibility. If you feel personally at risk, you should have the responsibility to protect yourself if your government will not mandate what you feel is a requirement based on your complete lack of understanding. It is batshit insane to assume for even one second that you can control every other persons actions as opposed to your own, for the sake of something that only matters to you personally.

  15. #6895
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's laughable how poor your arguments are. Literally every bit of reasoning you use to slight anyone that doesn't agree with your preconceived notions about what is right or wrong(despite what all the data shows us), can all be applied to the complete opposite side of the coin. Someone is a douchebag for not wearing a mask? You can say the exact same thing about someone expecting everyone else to wear a mask because of them. Selfish and ignorant to not wear a mask? Also pretty selfish and ignorant to expect the entire world to do something specifically for little ol you. It's far more of a "fuck everyone else" attitude to expect every living person to wear some mask for the sake of a couple potentially at risk people.

    I'm 100% fine with wearing a mask if that is the rule we deem needs to be in place to open things up and get back to life. But I'm not jumping on the fear bandwagon that you nutjobs are on for something that has an average age of death higher than average human life expectancy. Plain and simple, it's a matter of personal responsibility. If you feel personally at risk, you should have the responsibility to protect yourself if your government will not mandate what you feel is a requirement based on your complete lack of understanding. It is batshit insane to assume for even one second that you can control every other persons actions as opposed to your own, for the sake of something that only matters to you personally.
    This thinking is the problem. Too inconvenient to think about someone other than yourself.

  16. #6896
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Leduc, Alberta
    Posts
    324
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thinking is the problem. Too inconvenient to think about someone other than yourself.
    No, not even close. The problem is you people that refuse to acknowledge any of the stats or basic reality. The more you want to prolong the inevitable, the more at risk you put the already at risk population. If you cared about these vulnerable people as much as you claim to, you would do what was right and start advocating to isolate them for their own protection, and get this damn virus circulated through society as quickly as possible. And that's the irony of this argument, you're mad at other people for saying "Fuck everyone else, I'm going to do what is morally right", while you say to yourself "Fuck everyone else, my fear is more important than other peoples lives" But whatever, it's a free country, so go ahead and continue to act in the most selfish and ignorant manner possible. If you quit throwing stones in a glass house while doing so it would be appreciated.

  17. #6897
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,350
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am too much of a douche canoe to wear a piece of fabric over my face when I go to the liquor store. Here's a logically fallacious argument that attempts to justify my selfishness while I deride you for thinking that people should have some common courtesy and maybe give a shit or two about other people.

    Also, I own a Katana.
    It may not be what you wrote, but it's what everyone else will read.

  18. #6898
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,418
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, not even close. The problem is you people that refuse to acknowledge any of the stats or basic reality. The more you want to prolong the inevitable, the more at risk you put the already at risk population. If you cared about these vulnerable people as much as you claim to, you would do what was right and start advocating to isolate them for their own protection, and get this damn virus circulated through society as quickly as possible. And that's the irony of this argument, you're mad at other people for saying "Fuck everyone else, I'm going to do what is morally right", while you say to yourself "Fuck everyone else, my fear is more important than other peoples lives" But whatever, it's a free country, so go ahead and continue to act in the most selfish and ignorant manner possible. If you quit throwing stones in a glass house while doing so it would be appreciated.
    Your way of thinking only works if herd immunity is validated. Early study is infection will only buys you 8 weeks, not 2 years like SARS or MERS. So letting it spread will perpetually feed it and kill more as it goes. And antibody study are starting but probably won't be validated for another 6-8 months.

    Houston ICU is now at 100%. Texas and Florida is slowly closing down again. Texas governor now admitted he opened too early.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/texa...ngerous-2020-5


    The problem is we have not starved this thing out and we have not switch any tactics to allow economy to safely continues and just go back to old ways. People need to realize until vaccine is found and have 70-80% people shot with it, the world before Feb 2020 is gone.


    I think the only argument left is COVID 19 doesn't give you permanent damage (again not known) and just let it spread like common cold/flu.

    And the policies that we come up with will have to deal with COVID 21, 23 or 25 down the road. I think this one is nasty but it's not the worst it can be yet.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-28-2020 at 09:21 AM.

  19. #6899
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    He’s also making the fallacy of comparing to death rates. This ignores a whole list of important factors, such as the capacity of the health care system that we all rely on, and the fact that many people who don’t die, including young people, are still getting long term organ damage, including lungs, brain, heart, and kidney. And a lot of other weird shit that isn’t yet understood

    So yeah, you’re basically a reckless asshole.

  20. #6900
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Idk how he can completely ignore the fact that we don't know what they long term effects from Corona are as well.
    Nolan

Page 345 of 436 FirstFirst ... 335 344 345 346 355 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Novel

    By krazykhoja in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
  2. Good novel suggestions

    By codo in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Latest Threads: 11-15-2005, 09:36 PM
  4. hotwiring--research for a novel

    By writer in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •