Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 388 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 388 of 431 FirstFirst ... 378 387 388 389 398 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 8614

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

  1. #7741
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That same 'quack' doctor treated numerous patients successfully with a safe cheap drug known for 65 years. She found a Study from the NIH, National Insttitute of Health when 2 of her patients had hiccups. So she went digging and found that hiccups are a symptom of Covid19, and was treated with HCQ. But hey let's censor the success because it counters the Medical tyrants from the WHO. Let's pressure doctors to label any such deaths as Covid19. You want your job right? You don't want to be fined? You don't want a mob on you right? You must conform!

    ---> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7165082/

    Months ago, I had seen this video from this lady, Dr. Ivette Lozano explaining her personal experience as a physician successfully treating patients with Covid19 with HCQ + Azithromycin. Patients not only survived but got noticeably better. Pharmacists at the direction of the State Pharmacy Board were refusing to dispense HCQ and Zpac, a cheap $15 drug that it took a State Senator to intervene to prevent that from happening. Her posts about successfully treating patients are banned.



    Just recently, the State Pharmacy Board of Ohio banned HCQ to treat Covid. Pharmacies overruling your own doctor? This is unprecedented. Why are people standing in between doctors and patients to provide readily available cheap medicine? Drugs that low income people can afford. We know this isn't about saving lives at all. This isn't about prevention, or treatment. The cure is there. The hope is there. It is systematically silenced, censored. Fear and all its consequences is worse than the virus itself.

  2. #7742
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty 88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So.....only the research done by whom do we trust? Oh wait, that study was wrong so we pulled it....ok then. If a doctor successfully treated 350 patients with this drug than why is “news” hammering her on some video about aliens and shit from years ago and not finding these 350 patients and dispelling the fact that they were in fact treated, and cured??

    Sounds like so many here are enjoying this virus. They refuse to listen to anything that may offer a glimmer or hope for a cure. Just as many studies showing that masks have questionable abilities to stop spread yet he we are, wearing masks. The cure could come from a fucking 10 yr old kid for all I care. If it works, well it works. Probably isn’t enough to profit form a easy fix anyway. I guess I’ll keep with the narrative being fed us. No miracle drug, just wear a mask and shut up.

    Sorry guys. Just so sick of the news, constant hiding and rebuttal of information, fear, and the fact we’re going for a locakdown again like it or not.
    It's interesting seeing so much bias in one post. You claim the study was wrong and pulled, but as I posted above it was because the original study didn't share all its clients contact information and the raw data which is why it was pulled, because it couldn't be peer reviewed properly. However in the same post you are believing this doctor on the basis that she treated 350 patients and therefore it works with no actual published data.

    Here's the thing, the majority of people recover from covid with or without drugs. The mortality rate is ~<1-10% depending on your age and pre-existing conditions. So many of those 350 patients could have recovered just fine without any drugs but this doctor administered HCQ cocktail either way. Unless there is a control group of sufficient size of patients seeing this doctor that are not receiving the drug then there is no validity to any of this information to prove HCQ cocktail actually improved things.

    If a kid has the flu, goes into the naturopath and the naturopath gives the kid a vitamin shot, then the kid recovers a few days later does that mean shot cures the flu? Fuck no, it means the kid recovered from the flu regardless of receiving the shot. HCQ has downsides, that is very well documented and most of the other studies come to the same conclusion which is that any marginal benefit that it may help with covid is offset by the additional cardiac stress the drug induces on the patient.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 07-30-2020 at 08:29 AM.
    Nolan

  3. #7743
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,349
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I hope everyone takes this as an important lesson into why engaging people like @SportEL is a waste of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That same 'quack' doctor treated numerous patients successfully with a safe cheap drug known for 65 years. She found a Study from the NIH, National Insttitute of Health when 2 of her patients had hiccups. So she went digging and found that hiccups are a symptom of Covid19, and was treated with HCQ. But hey let's censor the success because it counters the Medical tyrants from the WHO. Let's pressure doctors to label any such deaths as Covid19. You want your job right? You don't want to be fined? You don't want a mob on you right? You must conform!

    ---> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7165082/

    Months ago, I had seen this video from this lady, Dr. Ivette Lozano explaining her personal experience as a physician successfully treating patients with Covid19 with HCQ + Azithromycin. Patients not only survived but got noticeably better. Pharmacists at the direction of the State Pharmacy Board were refusing to dispense HCQ and Zpac, a cheap $15 drug that it took a State Senator to intervene to prevent that from happening. Her posts about successfully treating patients are banned.



    Just recently, the State Pharmacy Board of Ohio banned HCQ to treat Covid. Pharmacies overruling your own doctor? This is unprecedented. Why are people standing in between doctors and patients to provide readily available cheap medicine? Drugs that low income people can afford. We know this isn't about saving lives at all. This isn't about prevention, or treatment. The cure is there. The hope is there. It is systematically silenced, censored. Fear and all its consequences is worse than the virus itself.

  4. #7744
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,103
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope everyone takes this as an important lesson into why engaging people like @SportEL is a waste of time.
    It's a numbers game with all of this. We just need a critical mass of smart people... It doesn't need to be universal.

  5. #7745
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a numbers game with all of this. We just need a critical mass of smart people... It doesn't need to be universal.
    We need to return to high barriers of entry to reaching a broad market of viewers

  6. #7746
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,338
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope everyone takes this as an important lesson into why engaging people like @SportEL is a waste of time.
    I keep wondering why you and Buster are engaging these trolls. Even if they aren't trolls, and truly believe what they are saying, no matter how much evidence you show them, or debunk theirs, they will not change their minds.

  7. #7747
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep wondering why you and Buster are engaging these trolls. Even if they aren't trolls, and truly believe what they are saying, no matter how much evidence you show them, or debunk theirs, they will not change their minds.
    Unfortunately sometimes the dumbest people are the most vocal. If everyone else gives up and just lets them flood threads with incorrect info and propaganda then you'll have other random people reading lots of similar posts and might start to believe it. Social media is really bad for this, people read a post without fact checking it and then regurgitate that information to others.
    Nolan

  8. #7748
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,103
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep wondering why you and Buster are engaging these trolls. Even if they aren't trolls, and truly believe what they are saying, no matter how much evidence you show them, or debunk theirs, they will not change their minds.
    They make me feel smart

  9. #7749
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,349
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a numbers game with all of this. We just need a critical mass of smart people... It doesn't need to be universal.
    It'd be a lot easier if it was.

    Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to return to high barriers of entry to reaching a broad market of viewers
    100% agree with this. I'm particularly sensitive to this point of view because of what I do for a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep wondering why you and Buster are engaging these trolls. Even if they aren't trolls, and truly believe what they are saying, no matter how much evidence you show them, or debunk theirs, they will not change their minds.
    See below.

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately sometimes the dumbest people are the most vocal. If everyone else gives up and just lets them flood threads with incorrect info and propaganda then you'll have other random people reading lots of similar posts and might start to believe it. Social media is really bad for this, people read a post without fact checking it and then regurgitate that information to others.
    Exactly this.

    Besides, I'm not arguing against HCQ. I'm arguing against pushing the counter-culture narrative that it is being oppressed because the evidence shows that is no the case. It's the sensationalism of it that I am trying to shut down.

    If we don't want it to be the equivilant of forsythia, it has to speak for itself and the science needs to be how it does that. Citing an opinion article and numerous discredited sources does not advance your position, and a successful treatment would not need such obfuscation.

    I guess part of me wants to shut down the conspiracy narrative, because it is unhelpful and dangerous at best.

  10. #7750
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Mom's Spaghetti
    Posts
    1,856
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    This is a well written article.

    We Thought It Was Just a Respiratory Virus. We were wrong.
    By Ariel Bleicher and Katherine Conrad

    https://www.ucsf.edu/magazine/covid-body

    Most likely, though, you won’t feel sick at all. When UCSF researchers tested people for SARS-CoV-2 in San Francisco’s Mission District, 53% of those infected never had any symptoms. “That’s much higher than expected,” says Monica Gandhi, MD, MPH, a UCSF professor of medicine with expertise in HIV. Surveys of outbreaks in nursing homes and prisons show similar or even higher numbers. “If we did a mass testing campaign on 300 million Americans right now, I think the rate of asymptomatic infection would be somewhere between 50% and 80% of cases,” Gandhi says. Millions of people may be spreading the virus without knowing it, she points out, making asymptomatic transmission the Achilles’ heel of efforts to control the pandemic – and highlighting the importance of universal masking.
    It stands to reason that SARS-CoV-2 affects the heart. After all, heart cells are flush with ACE2 receptors, the virus’s vital port of entry. And, indeed, laboratory experiments suggest that the virus can enter and replicate in cultured human heart cells, says Bruce Conklin, MD, a professor of medicine and an expert in heart-disease genetics at UCSF and the Gladstone Institutes.

    But Conklin doesn’t think SARS-CoV-2 necessarily kills heart cells outright. Rather, in the process of copying itself, the virus steals pieces of the genetic instructions that tell the heart cells how to do their job. “It’s hauling away and hijacking stuff that’s necessary for the heart to beat,” he says.
    Especially disconcerting, Kattah says, is how long the virus seems to persist in the gut. About 50% of patients with COVID-19 have virus particles in their stools, often for weeks after their nose swabs test negative, he points out. Laboratory studies show that these particles are often still alive and can infect cells in a petri dish. Whether fecal transmission occurs between people, however, is an open question.
    Other specialists are also raising flags. Neurologists worry about reports of COVID-19 patients with headaches, “brain fog,” loss of the sense of smell, dizziness, delirium, and, in rare cases, stroke. Nephrologists worry about kidney stress and failure. Hepatologists worry about liver injuries. Ophthalmologists worry about pink eye. Pediatricians, meanwhile, worry about a peculiar COVID-related inflammatory syndrome that’s showing up in kids and young adults.
    In caring for COVID-19 patients on dialysis machines, she’s been surprised to see blood clots block dialysis tubes more than usual. Clotted tubes are common, she says, “but this is extreme.” That may be because, as growing evidence suggests, SARS-CoV-2 can infect cells in the walls of blood vessels that help regulate blood flow and coagulation, or clotting. If true, this behavior could explain some of the virus’s weirder (and rarer) manifestations, such as heart attacks, strokes, and even “COVID toes.” “Our vasculature is a contiguous system,” says cardiologist Parikh. “Thus injury in one area, such as blood vessels in the lungs, can set off clotting cascades that affect multiple organs.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 07-30-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's 2 step?
    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sup sugar daddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll add it on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LoL.

  11. #7751
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    7am Tim's stop on the way out of the city, counted 11 out of 12 people had masks they came in with. The one that didn't firsr claimed her masks were in the wash and then the bylaw wasn't in effect yet. Multiple people corrected her and a staff member came out and gave her a mask to wear. So in the end everyone had a mask. Good start for 7am day 1
    Nolan

  12. #7752
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    6,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    YYC yesterday had 100% masks.

    Fort Mac airport had 50% masks maybe. And multiple people trying to roll through security who didn’t even have a mask with them. Security staff had to give people masks.

    Also for the record, masks for 3+ hours fucking sucks with glasses and a beard.

  13. #7753
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    CTS-V, DMax, P71
    Posts
    6,315
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Starbucks this morning was 100% masks. I expected more Karen’s but I don’t frequent Starbucks often so what do I know.

  14. #7754
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,192
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Starbucks this morning was 100% masks. I expected more Karen’s but I don’t frequent Starbucks often so what do I know.
    Hard to tell they are Karen’s with masks on, really stifles the guffawed expressions and autistic shrieks.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  15. #7755
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,240
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You failed to point out WHY this was retracted:

    The authors have withdrawn this manuscript and do not wish it to be cited. Because of controversy about hydroxychloroquine and the retrospective nature of their study, they intend to revise the manuscript after peer review.


    Ie. there was nothing wrong with the study, except that some 'controversy' ie. political bullshit.

    We are living in Alex Jones' world now - INFOWARS. Anything that is against the fear narrative is immediately suppressed or denied.

  16. #7756
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Starbucks this morning was 100% masks. I expected more Karen’s but I don’t frequent Starbucks often so what do I know.
    Home depot had one or two people without (under chin).
    Pisces was 100%
    Cabela's was pretty bad. I'd say 20% without masks.

  17. #7757
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,192
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cabela's was pretty bad. I'd say 20% without masks.
    Freedom
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  18. #7758
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    sask
    My Ride
    Mullet
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Metric shit tone of cars/campers this afternoon going west on hwy 1 around revelstoke/golden/Canmore. Does everyone in Calgary just flood the Okanagan every long weekend? Never seen so many vehicles, hope no one was in any rush. Eating lunch in west part of city today, Skip drivers did not wearing masks picking up food. Hope you like a side of Covid with your delivery.

  19. #7759
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
    Posts
    2,505
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I'm hoping some people the work in / own retail style businesses can chime in here. My observation yesterday is 100% anecdotal but when I was out it seemed like a lot of the non-essential businesses (so excluding grocery stores, gas stations, etc.) were much quieter than normal. One strip mall I was at that contains a bank, a pharmacy, a dry cleaner, a hair salon, a massage place and a dentist had exactly one car in the entire parking lot at 3:00 PM. On a normal Saturday that parking lot is full. Is it possible that there is a segment of the population that have just said "fuck it, I'm not wearing a mask, I'll just stay home"? I guess it'll take a few weeks to see any sales trends.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

  20. #7760
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,192
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Well A it’s one of the busiest long weekends all year and people have fucked off so maybe not a relevant sample.

    B did people really think increasing restrictions on people patronizing local businesses wouldn’t have a negative effect?

    For “non essential” browsing etc people are going to be less likely to do it if they are physically uncomfortable while doing so ( regardless of how you feel about the nessecity of mask laws, none of this should be surprising or controversial )
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

Page 388 of 431 FirstFirst ... 378 387 388 389 398 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Novel

    By krazykhoja in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
  2. Good novel suggestions

    By codo in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Latest Threads: 11-15-2005, 09:36 PM
  4. hotwiring--research for a novel

    By writer in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •