Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 455 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 455 of 985 FirstFirst ... 445 454 455 456 465 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of batsniffles, apparent AB researchers are stay away from bat caves in case we spread it to them and making this problem worse.

https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-edmon...-measures.aspx

Mandatory 15 person limit gatherings.
    There goes some halloween parties. Thankfully i am too old for that shit now and don't care lol.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    There goes some halloween parties. Thankfully i am too old for that shit now and don't care lol.
    Shit what am I going to wear now?
    Name:  b262f44b-a6fb-46dd-84d5-db4a972a35fd_1.2ed8735f1b0abe0fd116b0c8176c6f02.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  22.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Shit what am I going to wear now?
    Name:  b262f44b-a6fb-46dd-84d5-db4a972a35fd_1.2ed8735f1b0abe0fd116b0c8176c6f02.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  22.8 KB
    Her curtains on my face.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Dr Dee's pissed today. She called out Calgary at the 9 min mark. 4% positivity rate.

Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 10-26-2020 at 05:26 PM.

My Ride
    ute

ouch.

It's pointless.. Just going to gradually get worse. We are too selfish and entitled to beat this. Chin strappers and covidiots everywhere I look. Even my family members are idiots and don't take this seriously

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    It's pointless.. Just going to gradually get worse. We are too selfish and entitled to beat this. Chin strappers and covidiots everywhere I look. Even my family members are idiots and don't take this seriously
    People just don't care, that's all it comes down to. Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, what's the difference. Mask wearing is only prolonging the inevitable and our precautions are just a slow tear of the week long band-aid over your scar. Even if we had a virus like the one in contagion which killed 25% of the population, people would still take their chances. We need a full-on I Am Legend 95% mortality and 4.5% zombie rate for people to give a shit. It's not the people on Beyond we need to be worried about, I think 99% wear masks and do that other stuff, it's the general population. I'm still hearing of huge 200+ weddings and family gatherings here in rural Sask, people like them just don't care. This will never be contained to the levels government wants without much, much stricter measures.

It was pointless regardless of peoples mental acuity(other than Trudeau who refused to take action when there was still time for containment). It has been past the point of containment for many many months now. Selfish is an interesting word to use in regards to people who are simply living life based on the facts they have access to. I would argue it is quite a bit more selfish to expect the entire world to potentially sacrifice their livelihoods for the sake of acknowledging yours and others irrational fears. The great thing about a free country, is you're free to stay home if you don't think it is safe to go outside. But the selfish and fearful aren't willing to be inconvenienced for their own choices unless everyone else is forced to be inconvenienced with them.

My Ride

Comrade. When Premier President Putin says to wear a mask, I listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    It was pointless regardless of peoples mental acuity(other than Trudeau who refused to take action when there was still time for containment). It has been past the point of containment for many many months now. Selfish is an interesting word to use in regards to people who are simply living life based on the facts they have access to. I would argue it is quite a bit more selfish to expect the entire world to potentially sacrifice their livelihoods for the sake of acknowledging yours and others irrational fears. The great thing about a free country, is you're free to stay home if you don't think it is safe to go outside. But the selfish and fearful aren't willing to be inconvenienced for their own choices unless everyone else is forced to be inconvenienced with them.
    Yup. Wearing a mask is such a fucking inconvenience

Yup. Wearing a mask is such a fucking inconvenience
    It really doesn't matter what your perception about masks are. Your inner Karen is expecting people to do something just for you because you're special. That's selfish.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Speaking of batsniffles, apparent AB researchers are stay away from bat caves in case we spread it to them and making this problem worse.

https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-edmon...-measures.aspx

Mandatory 15 person limit gatherings.
    But no mention of sports teams. I mean in beer league hockey it's 11 guys a side plus refs and a time keeper, that totally adds up to 15 people. More mixed messages to throw out there...again

My Ride
    Axis powers

It really doesn't matter what your perception about masks are. Your inner Karen is expecting people to do something just for you because you're special. That's selfish.
    jesus christ, if Kenney came and farted in your face, would you be happy and ask for more? if wearing a mask is so hard for you, stay the fuck home, you live in a civilized world, act like a decent human being and stop being so fucking self absorbed to think that you're better than everyone else that want society to continue on by following one simple and temporary rule

here's a fucking story for you

My wife is a nurse, one of her coworkers tested positive for covid, not a single coworker or patient contracted covid... why? because the person who contracted covid wore a fucking mask and took precautions, my wife also due to the working relationship with this person was in close contact multiple times per day for extended periods of time and my wife is covid free

Get your head out of your ass and act like a grown up, you sound like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum every time you bitch and complain that masks are infringing on your 'freedoms'
    Last edited by adam c; 10-27-2020 at 08:22 AM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride

People are stinky. Masks help with that.
    A condition causes me to chew with my mouth open. Masks help with that.
    I am pro-masks.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 10-27-2020 at 08:50 AM.

One day I truly hope you will stop acting like a social retard

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    jesus christ, if Kenney came and farted in your face, would you be happy and ask for more? if wearing a mask is so hard for you, stay the fuck home, you live in a civilized world, act like a decent human being and stop being so fucking self absorbed to think that you're better than everyone else that want society to continue on by following one simple and temporary rule

My wife is a nurse, one of her coworkers tested positive for covid, not a single coworker or patient contracted covid... why? because the person who contracted covid wore a fucking mask and took precautions, my wife also due to the working relationship with this person was in close contact multiple times per day for extended periods of time and my wife is covid free

Get your head out of your ass and act like a grown up, you sound like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum every time you bitch and complain that masks are infringing on your 'freedoms'
    Do they not wear medical-grade masks at work? If the general public all wore those from the beginning, if we had enough for everyone, this virus would be long gone by now. I don't believe the cloths people are wearing now will prevent spread long-term. What's the reduction rate down to with masks, 5%? So 5/100 people in a gathering will get infected, then those 5 will give it to someone else etc etc. I wear a mask but I don't believe that's the solution, nor will waiting for a miracle vaccine. This is something we will have to live with for a long time.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Do they not wear medical-grade masks at work? If the general public all wore those from the beginning, if we had enough for everyone, this virus would be long gone by now. I don't believe the cloths people are wearing now will prevent spread long-term. What's the reduction rate down to with masks, 5%? So 5/100 people in a gathering will get infected, then those 5 will give it to someone else etc etc. I wear a mask but I don't believe that's the solution, nor will waiting for a miracle vaccine. This is something we will have to live with for a long time.
    they wear the same surgical masks as everyone else, only in a declared outbreak with positive covid cases will the wear true N95
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post

Anecdotal evidence, meet anecdotal evidence

The agency changed the definition after a report from Vermont of a corrections officer who became infected after several brief interactions with coronavirus-positive inmates -- none of them lasting 15 minutes, but adding up over time.
    The corrections officer never spent much time with any particular inmate, but opened and closed cell doors, collected soiled linen, opened doors to shower and recreation rooms for inmates, conducted health checks and dispensed medication, Julia Pringle, a CDC officer working with the Vermont Department of Health, and colleagues reported.
    The six inmates had no symptoms and had traveled from out-of-state facilities while they were awaiting coronavirus test results, Pringle's team reported in the CDC's weekly report, the MMWR.
    His 22 short encounters added up to about 17 minutes of total exposure, the team calculated.
    The data suggests at least one of the six inmates transmitted the virus to the officer during one of these brief encounters. The six inmates wore microfiber cloth masks for some, but not all interactions with the officer. "During all interactions, the correctional officer wore a microfiber cloth mask, gown, and eye protection (goggles)," the team wrote.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/healt...ive/index.html

By these new measures, I don’t see how most businesses can stay open.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Anecdotal evidence, meet anecdotal evidence

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/healt...ive/index.html

By these new measures, I don’t see how most businesses can stay open.
    The message the entire time has been masks don't protect the wearer, they help reduce the wearer (if positive) from spreading it to others. In your own quote it says the inmates wore masks for some but not all interactions with the officer. Positive inmmate not wearing a mask sometimes, officer gets sick.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Current policy would indicate that there are many scenarios where only 1 party has to be masked at best. If 6 feet isn’t enough space, and 15 minutes within 24 hours is enough to spread, I don’t see how anything short of lockdown will work feasibly.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Page 455 of 985 FirstFirst ... 445 454 455 456 465 ... LastLast