Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 712 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 712 of 985 FirstFirst ... 702 711 712 713 722 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,240 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    *The First*

Are haircuts and tattoos still ok after Friday?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, it's not.

We have more vaccine than anybody thought we would two months ago,more than they thought it would be a month ago. Cases are rising as a result of lack of planning and enforcement of restrictions to keep cases low to deal with the expected vaccine delivery schedule. Re-opening envy when looking at a country with a faster vaccination schedule rather than basing it around the reality of our own situation is what's to blame.

Australia has 0% fully vaccinated, they're doing fine when it comes to cases.
    Planning and enforcement.

Sigh - have you ever managed groups of people?

Have you heard of bell curve performance evaluations??

Let me simply to the lowest denominator I can: very very few people actually have the integrity and accountability to follow every exact expectation (restriction).

Most of the group follow some rules, and your bottom of the bell shits on rules.

People aren’t following restrictions - and they won’t because they suck. The way out is to manage the fix and not rely on human factors.

We needed maximum vaccines from day zero.

It might have worked in Australia because summer during winter? Or we’re a bunch of whiny entitled cunts here who make our own rules. I don’t know. But I’m betting it’s the later and hardly anyone here ACTUALLY follows the restrictions.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    It might have worked in Australia because summer during winter? Or we’re a bunch of whiny entitled cunts here who make our own rules. I don’t know. But I’m betting it’s the later and hardly anyone here ACTUALLY follows the restrictions.
    No, Australia brought out the guns
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7248663/a...ines-military/

Andrews said 500 military personnel will this week deploy to Victoria to bolster enforcement of self-isolation orders, with fines of nearly A$5,000 ($3,559.00) for breaching stay at home orders. The only exemption will be for urgent medical care.
    But being surrounded by water helped. And so far anyone that brought out the guns are doing way better, vaccine or not.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-08-2021 at 09:20 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Are haircuts and tattoos still ok after Friday?
    What about body rubs? Can I still get all three at the same time?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    No, Australia brought out the guns
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7248663/a...ines-military/

But being surrounded by water helped. And so far anyone that brought out the guns are doing way better, vaccine or not.
    Sounds awful, and a clear way to keep numbers low. Clear expectations with clear consequences.

People generally don’t respond well for long to that kind of compliance.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The thing about “bringing out the guns” is you need to be willing to use them.

Works fine for Australia as they have generally been ahead of the curve wrt disarming the proletariat.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Planning and enforcement.

Sigh - have you ever managed groups of people?

Have you heard of bell curve performance evaluations??

Let me simply to the lowest denominator I can: very very few people actually have the integrity and accountability to follow every exact expectation (restriction).

Most of the group follow some rules, and your bottom of the bell shits on rules.

People aren’t following restrictions - and they won’t because they suck. The way out is to manage the fix and not rely on human factors.
    I agree, the personal responsibility approach is deeply flawed for a societal problem such as this and government intervention is needed in such circumstances to manage those shortcomings.

We needed maximum vaccines from day zero.
    Which was never an option. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and all that. Right now we're ahead of what we should have been preparing for, which makes the incessant complaints that vaccine deliveries aren't coming fast enough from places that are seeing things start to spiral out of control again fall flat.

We are whiny and entitled cunts. But people followed restrictions more than you'd think. Some whined about it more than others, but most still reluctantly followed them. Each time they were increased, cases started dropping. Give an inch and people will take a mile, but we kept giving feet and then act shocked that things go where we figure they would.

My Ride
    Edge

More double mutations found in Cali:

"Stanford University researchers have identified five new cases of a "double mutant" Covid-19 strain that was recently discovered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Doctors suspect it could be more contagious than earlier strains and may be resistant to existing vaccines.

The new variant originated in India where it's credited with a recent 55% surge in cases in the state of Maharashtra, home to Mumbai, after months of declining cases.

It contains two key mutations, which scientists call E484Q and L452R, that have been found separately in other variants but not together in a single strain, according to Dr. Benjamin Pinsky, medical director of Stanford's clinical virology laboratory, which discovered the new variant in the U.S."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/comp...kLo?li=AAggNb9

Anyone going back to Cali?

My Ride
    *The First*

Re: "Goin back to Cali"

Hmm,
    I don't think so
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 04-08-2021 at 01:25 PM.

My Ride
    Edge

Hmm,
    I don't think so
    Ha! Dating ourselves just a bit. I suspect it will eventually come to us anyway.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Isn't the US just reaping the benefits of Operation Warp Speed? they threw billions at the vaccine manufacturers and subsidies to get dibs on a fuck ton of vaccine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Warp_Speed

I recall Canada donating what was it, $800 million to something covid related but who knows where that went or what the result of it was.

Hopefully with the US eventually maxing out their demand for vaccine we and other countries might start getting higher allotments delivered.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

God forbid Canada have their own vaccine production capability.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Isn't the US just reaping the benefits of Operation Warp Speed? they threw billions at the vaccine manufacturers and subsidies to get dibs on a fuck ton of vaccine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Warp_Speed

I recall Canada donating what was it, $800 million to something covid related but who knows where that went or what the result of it was.

Hopefully with the US eventually maxing out their demand for vaccine we and other countries might start getting higher allotments delivered.
    US is still aiming for end of May everyone has a vaccination that wants it and with the significant hesitancy it'll likely come sooner than that (Look at Israel top out at 60%). When you consider Pfizer and Moderna are making 3.5 million doses per day in their US facilities they could vaccinate Canada's remaining population in a single week. It's quite feasible that Canada gets nearly everyone with their first dose by mid June and then by mid to end of July all the second doses are done too. We've bought enough doses from either of Pfizer or Moderna alone to be done, so as soon as the US can fufill our orders it'll be over rapidly.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Hmm,
    I don't think so
    I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    And so far anyone that brought out the guns are doing way better, vaccine or not.
    That's not even remotely true at all.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Ontario stores like Walmart and dollarama dictating what’s essential as the stay at home order madness begins.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/news/walma...213342686.html

You don’t NEED diapers, just let the kid shit all over the floor right? You can survive a long time without food too...

Don’t see the appeal of Ontario at all. Just a shit hole all around, crowded, overpriced and smells like curry. This was before the pandemic. Happy in redneck sask where no one wants to move.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Ontario stores like Walmart and dollarama dictating what’s essential as the stay at home order madness begins.

You don’t NEED diapers, just let the kid shit all over the floor right? You can survive a long time without food too...

Don’t see the appeal of Ontario at all. Just a shit hole all around, crowded, overpriced and smells like curry. This was before the pandemic. Happy in redneck sask where no one wants to move.
    I saw one video where the masks were roped off as non-essentials
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post

Toronto is full of cunts, but I'd happily trade Alberta to go back to Sarnia.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

So, it's really been bothering me lately hearing gyms talk about how they are necessary for mental health and therefore will decide to be fully open. While I don't disagree that exercise is important, exercise comes in a lot of different forms and you can do a lot of workouts outside.

The most common retort I get when I say that is "gyms just hit different", which I think is just a horseshit response, because if it's that important to you, you'd find a way to get some exercise.

I also see a lot of gyms being lauded for "sticking to their principles" since they are a bastion of mental and physical health, when I also know that they have done dick all when it comes to abiding by the restrictions to begin with. I can even think of 3 that use it as a selling feature.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    So, it's really been bothering me lately hearing gyms talk about how they are necessary for mental health and therefore will decide to be fully open. While I don't disagree that exercise is important, exercise comes in a lot of different forms and you can do a lot of workouts outside.

The most common retort I get when I say that is "gyms just hit different", which I think is just a horseshit response, because if it's that important to you, you'd find a way to get some exercise.

I also see a lot of gyms being lauded for "sticking to their principles" since they are a bastion of mental and physical health, when I also know that they have done dick all when it comes to abiding by the restrictions to begin with. I can even think of 3 that use it as a selling feature.
    Well if you don't understand, you don't understand. No sense being upset about it.

Page 712 of 985 FirstFirst ... 702 711 712 713 722 ... LastLast