Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 724 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 724 of 744 FirstFirst ... 714 723 724 725 734 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,480 of 14868

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

  1. #14461
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Its worthy of note that Taiwan has an official Covid death count of 11 people. I suppose it does matter if you count it as a "sure thing" cause of death, but there are definitely some headscratchers out there as to transmission. Maybe I should be eating more beef noodles and stinky tofu.

  2. #14462
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, my wife's nerves
    Posts
    1,849
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its worthy of note that Taiwan has an official Covid death count of 11 people. I suppose it does matter if you count it as a "sure thing" cause of death, but there are definitely some headscratchers out there as to transmission. Maybe I should be eating more beef noodles and stinky tofu.
    A post from ZenOps without a glaring racist remark about how its the white man's fault or Tonya Harding is supreme leader? Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which one has best efficacy at enlarging my dank?

  3. #14463
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canada isn't racists because we let Indian risks into Canada.
    I think Trudeau even said, "Su variant mi variant".

    Attachment 98720
    Something else hey. We will import cases straight from the source. But fuck you if you want to go on vacation or visit Grandma, you're the problem.




    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, to reiterate. Everyone always thinks they are the exception, for some reason or another.

    Do what you want, I don’t give 2 shits what you do in the woods in BC. Just don’t pretend you are any better than the rest of society who is breaking the rules when it suits them.

    The mental gymnastics around it is always hilarious.
    I don't believe in exceptions, because I never vouched for any restrictions. Ironically, I am fairly likely to be found following the restrictions for the most part.

  4. #14464
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,270
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something else hey. We will import cases straight from the source. But fuck you if you want to go on vacation or visit Grandma, you're the problem.






    I don't believe in exceptions, because I never vouched for any restrictions. Ironically, I am fairly likely to be found following the restrictions for the most part.
    Yeah this basically proves to me Canadian government doesn't want pandemic to end. Did we not learn from last year and China? Lock that shit down asap. Instead the government is mulling a decision at which point it would not make a difference.
    https://www.kelownanow.com/news/news...ts_from_India/

    Screenshot_20210421-071039.jpg

  5. #14465
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah this basically proves to me Canadian government doesn't want pandemic to end. Did we not learn from last year and China? Lock that shit down asap. Instead the government is mulling a decision at which point it would not make a difference.
    https://www.kelownanow.com/news/news...ts_from_India/
    Their justification is that 617 is already in 10 countries so it's a matter of time it's here even if we ban India.

    I assume all travel to and from India are "essential" or by someone holding a Canadian passport.

    The minute you qualify as "essential", you can even pierce the Atlantic bubble with just extra 14 days isolation.

    Remember that all these measure are not enough to combat this, let alone all these loopholes that people are trying to take advantage of.

    https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...62779935911937

    New Delhi to HK. 188 passenger all had clear PCR test before boarding arriving Apr 4th. So far 53 passengers are confirmed to be infected during the mandatory 14 days hotel quarantine with more than 3/4 asymptomatic.

    And here are doing 3 days. What a joke.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-21-2021 at 10:53 AM.

  6. #14466
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    785
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    with more than 3/4 asymptomatic.
    So 75%+ of people infected with this virus don't develop symptoms...

    Alright here's an idea. How about we lockdown everything down, impose curfews, and random roadside checks.


  7. #14467
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cochrane, AB
    My Ride
    Trucks
    Posts
    1,604
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So 75%+ of people infected with this virus don't develop symptoms...

    Alright here's an idea. How about we open everything up. Good luck to the 25% or less.

    Fixed.

  8. #14468
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    985
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Dang hospitalizations up to 518 now. Creeping up quite quickly.

    April 22: 518
    April 15: 426
    April 8: 343
    April 1: 285
    Nolan

  9. #14469
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,006
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Dang indeed. Do not likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  10. #14470
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,886
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Finally banned flights from India:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7781588/c...variant-india/

  11. #14471
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Repeat of the start of this whole debacle. Ban flights just in time for it to not matter any longer. More top notch leadership we have come to expect from the Liberal party.



    So clearly natural antibodies for this virus play a major role as we should've expected. I was just looking at the vaccine numbers last night, we are at 25% with a first dose so far. But there is a growing number of states in the US with zero restrictions, fully open, etc. And they are not much farther ahead of us at 40% with at least first dose. I can't believe this was such a massive sticking point for people a year ago.
    Last edited by Misterman; 04-22-2021 at 06:32 PM.

  12. #14472
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    767
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    If you believe that the infection numbers are close to accurate, then it means virtually everybody in the USA has gotten it.

    Bayes is spinning in his grave.

  13. #14473
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you believe that the infection numbers are close to accurate, then it means virtually everybody in the USA has gotten it.

    Bayes is spinning in his grave.
    I made no mention of the measured case numbers. Simple matter of fact that the states that are currently doing best, were also the most YOLO about restrictions. Naturally they would have more spread and cases than us pacified cucks up here.

  14. #14474
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    767
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    That's because the restrictions were utterly useless.

  15. #14475
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's because the restrictions were utterly useless.
    You're completely missing the point. But it's fine.

  16. #14476
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dang hospitalizations up to 518 now. Creeping up quite quickly.

    April 22: 518
    April 15: 426
    April 8: 343
    April 1: 285
    Definitely coming up.
    @Everyone : anyone following specific states stats? I’ve been interested in Michigan lately, and the governor has given up. She said let the people do as they please.

    Up to 10,000 new cases daily, was at 4200 hospitalizations a week ago.

    They’re just under 10 million population, we’re just under 9 million. How can they sustain and cope, but our healthcare is in shambles?? Or potentially will be will with 500 more hospitalizations?

    I’m curious. The rumours of AHS staffing (30%) taking extended leave, personal days and saying fuck it is interesting.

    Does the union talks have anything to do with restrictions behind closed doors?

    Just spitballing
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  17. #14477
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Axis powers
    Posts
    2,481
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They’re just under 10 million population, we’re just under 9 million.
    who is just under 9 million?
    Sig nuked by mod.

  18. #14478
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,006
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Alberta is under 9 million. That marth checks out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  19. #14479
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    985
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alberta is under 9 million. That marth checks out.
    Foreign trolls aren't even trying anymore.

    The US is in a really awkward spot right now, with rising vaccinations they have to ease restrictions otherwise they'll start getting more pushback. When you say 60% vaccinated = no more masks then people have an incentive to get the shots (similar to what AB is doing) whereas if Michigan goes back into a lockdown then people will just stop caring and lose faith in the vaccines.

    The disparity in some states vaccination uptake is really unsettling though. On one end you have New Hampshire with 58%, and then Massachusetts , Connecticut, Maine, and Vermont all at 50% with one dose whereas on the other end you have Missouri below 30%, and Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, Wyoming, and Idaho, West Virginia, and Georgia all at 33% or below. The latter group having nearly stalled lately too.

    Interestingly by next Saturday Canada's 1st dose average will actually be ahead of 7 states. By May 15th we're set to pass just shy of half of the states for 1st doses.
    Nolan

  20. #14480
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Ha! Sorry boys meant to say we’re just under 9 doubled.

    I Marth’d bad. Will do better!!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

Page 724 of 744 FirstFirst ... 714 723 724 725 734 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Novel

    By krazykhoja in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
  2. Good novel suggestions

    By codo in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Latest Threads: 11-15-2005, 09:36 PM
  4. hotwiring--research for a novel

    By writer in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •