Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 929 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 929 of 985 FirstFirst ... 919 928 929 930 939 ... LastLast
Results 18,561 to 18,580 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Interesting. I thought the same regarding nasal swab so last couple I did cheek, throat, and nasal. And even swabbed some sputum... barf.

Maybe ill go pay for a pcr test out of curiosity.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting. I thought the same regarding nasal swab so last couple I did cheek, throat, and nasal. And even swabbed some sputum... barf.

Maybe ill go pay for a pcr test out of curiosity.
    What peeps should do is wear their fucking masks and wash their hands, and avoid licking public urinals.

that way, they not only test negative, they are negative.

When i had the vid, I rapid tested the monday when i felt something coming on, PCR tested on tuesday and when the results came back negative on thursday i re-rapid tested and finally got a positive though very faint. The symptom onset was monday, peak thursday and gone by saturday.

Id say not even a PCR is 100% fool proof.

That said, I stayed home regardless the whole time because thats what normal people should do when they are sick.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Get a hooker on the way home. Or bring one to the old folks home, depending on your preference.
    How does a boomer like you believe you "get a Hooker on the way home" in 2022?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    How does a boomer like you believe you "get a Hooker on the way home" in 2022?
    Maybe he lives in forest lawn, in which case it’s still possible in 2022.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nissan x2

We have a mid-20s co-worker is who a covid pincushion. Two positive results, both with symptoms, in less than 3 months. Triple vaxxed lol. Laughing in their misfortune.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Maybe he lives in forest lawn, in which case it’s still possible in 2022.
    The dream of the 90s is alive in Forest Lawn.

Forestlawndia

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    We have a mid-20s co-worker is who a covid pincushion. Two positive results, both with symptoms, in less than 3 months. Triple vaxxed lol. Laughing in their misfortune.
    You know the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting the 'vid, right?

I feel like that's been mentioned somewhere before...

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    You know the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting the 'vid, right?

I feel like that's been mentioned somewhere before...
    It did a pretty good job of that before omi, but it’s unlikely that some got the same strain 3 months apart … unless it was delta then omi, cause a pcr test can read positive from the 1st infection for 3 months.

But who fuckin cares , stay home if you sick, amd let’s get back to normal, get out of your basements

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    It did a pretty good job of that before omi, but it’s unlikely that some got the same strain 3 months apart … unless it was delta then omi, cause a pcr test can read positive from the 1st infection for 3 months.

But who fuckin cares , stay home if you sick, amd let’s get back to normal, get out of your basements
    My home office is in my basement.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

For what its worth re: quick tests and nasal swab...

I did a nasal swab as directed in the packaging several months ago. Tested positive. And it was at peak omnicron. So I'm not sure where this 'science' that nasal swab doesnt work, but its #fakenews.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    For what its worth re: quick tests and nasal swab...

I did a nasal swab as directed in the packaging several months ago. Tested positive. And it was at peak omnicron. So I'm not sure where this 'science' that nasal swab doesnt work, but its #fakenews.
    Not that it doesn't work but a lot of people are getting false negatives. Somebody I know just got positive test basically on day 1 of symptoms which is rare compared to others. Most I know don't test positive until day 2-3.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

2 of our kids caught the vid. We had a ton of tests so I basically tested daily using different methods. Nose only lines were fainter. Throat (really roof of mouth and inside cheeks swap) lines were solid. Both mouth and nose was same thing as mouth only.

Symptoms and test positivity was also weird. Kid 1 had sore throat on a Saturday, tested negative. Sunday test was negative but faint line came up after 30 mins, so technically negative. Monday the positive line lit up immediately. By Wednesday the positive line was faint, Thursday tested negative but still sore throat. Everything was clear by saturday. Only tested positive for 3 days.

Kid 2, no symptoms. Sunday morning woke up with body aches. Tested positive but faint. Kept testing positive daily, cough developed on the Tuesday (day 3). Kept testing positive up to Saturday, finally line being faint. Tested negative Sunday day 8. Cough didn’t go away till Tuesday day 10.

Both kids less sick than a typical cold. We’re all double vaccinated, adults boostered. So something is working. Can’t wait till the next bout to collect more useless anecdotal data haha.

I tried to catch it from the kids, but nothing. Wanted to get thru it all together and sync it up. Tested negative daily for 2.5 weeks, so definitely got some sort of invisibility. I’m still testing before heading to office once or twice a week, still nothing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Out of our family of 5 one kid got it and had a rapid test show it, no one else tested positive and the wife went through a lot of tests. Now the other 2 kids have tested positive for strep throat, but the covid kid seems to be immune as well as both the adults. It’s been a fun spring break in the house, luckily I’m out working. Also the 4 year old punched the 6 year old in the face and got blood all over the wife’s navigator. #dadlife #blessed. Haha. Life’s great other wise.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Ftfy
    Good strategy to get a couple of generations of dads fucked.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Again, and I've said it before and I'll reiterate it again, swab quality is directly relative to test quality. If you know and swab correctly, your sample quality is there. False positives are not a thing, if its there its there. False negatives are certainly a thing, but sample quality is a factor. In any test, sample quality is a determining factor, and sticking swabs deep in nasal cavities and actually getting material are definitely barriers to testing, at least adequately. If my eyes aren't running, my nose isn't running, or I feel like I just got punched in the face, my sample wasn't good enough. My swab best be glistening with mucous.

Anyhow, lots of bantering about test quality from lots of people who don't do swabbing for anything on the regular

Anecdotally, because you guys posted your experiences I'll share mine. Swabbed nasally, unquestionably positive within the first minute of dripping the cassette. This was consistent for myself, my 15 month old. No "well its fainter, but maybe its this, but maybe not" business. Sample quality Still discussing this stuff months later

Stay healthy everyone.....

For funsies, my post COVID and booster blood results came back, I posted mine a long while back (2979 U/ml 2 dose, pre infection), and got my post infection post booster results (booster on Sept 29, sample date Jan 17, Covid Dec 21), and they were quite something, the result was 96798 U/ml antibody count..... I do wish I could have had the test post booster pre infection and post, but regardless it was a crazy jump and those are considered VERY high antibody counts. Now, I did get EXTREMELY sick, with pneumonia and all of that.....Just interesting.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I'm offended by your insinuation that I did not swab correctly. How do you know what my swab game is like? I've swabbed every opening I could reach. and I mean EVERY opening. and I swabbed it deep. So deep one of the swabs was lost never to be seen again. come on by if you want a good swabbing. good day sir.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hey turbo, your tone makes it sound like you are arguing with people, but your words make it sound like you are agreeing.

Untrained genpop idiots, like all of us here except you, are likely to get a false negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    The dream of the 90s is alive in Forest Lawn.

Forestlawndia
    Portlandia was such an awesome show.... just came here to say that.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Again, and I've said it before and I'll reiterate it again, swab quality is directly relative to test quality. If you know and swab correctly, your sample quality is there. False positives are not a thing, if its there its there. False negatives are certainly a thing, but sample quality is a factor. In any test, sample quality is a determining factor, and sticking swabs deep in nasal cavities and actually getting material are definitely barriers to testing, at least adequately. If my eyes aren't running, my nose isn't running, or I feel like I just got punched in the face, my sample wasn't good enough. My swab best be glistening with mucous.

Anyhow, lots of bantering about test quality from lots of people who don't do swabbing for anything on the regular

Anecdotally, because you guys posted your experiences I'll share mine. Swabbed nasally, unquestionably positive within the first minute of dripping the cassette. This was consistent for myself, my 15 month old. No "well its fainter, but maybe its this, but maybe not" business. Sample quality Still discussing this stuff months later

Stay healthy everyone.....

For funsies, my post COVID and booster blood results came back, I posted mine a long while back (2979 U/ml 2 dose, pre infection), and got my post infection post booster results (booster on Sept 29, sample date Jan 17, Covid Dec 21), and they were quite something, the result was 96798 U/ml antibody count..... I do wish I could have had the test post booster pre infection and post, but regardless it was a crazy jump and those are considered VERY high antibody counts. Now, I did get EXTREMELY sick, with pneumonia and all of that.....Just interesting.
    Of course false positives are a thing. WtF are you talking about?!?
    They're about 99.998% less prevalent than the typical idiots that talk about them and their conspiracy theories would like to believe, but, they exist.

Page 929 of 985 FirstFirst ... 919 928 929 930 939 ... LastLast