Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 200 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 200 of 985 FirstFirst ... 190 199 200 201 210 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Yea. Dz Nutz always comes thru. Best mod ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Yea. Dz Nutz always comes thru. Best mod ever.
    Well he’s a super moderator. Duh
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Fat people likely to die more than their average athlete counterparts:

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...ty-is-a-factor

One thing I’ve realized for sure, working out at home sucks. If it came down to it, a gym membership is worth it over resistance bands any day.

My Ride
    08 GSR

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Fat people likely to die more than their average athlete counterparts:

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...ty-is-a-factor

One thing I’ve realized for sure, working out at home sucks. If it came down to it, a gym membership is worth it over resistance bands any day.
    I two things I hate the most about resistance bands are that the resistance isn't the same throughout the whole range of motion, and it's hard finding something to anchor it on to. You can do it on a table leg or a chair leg, but if it's a heavier band you end up dragging the table or chair, or feel like you might wreck the table/chair leg. I just end up having to find creative ways to wrap it around my feet, or stepping on it. But it is better than nothing I guess.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Fuck that.

I spark one, get a good buzz, hit my gym (note: note home gym, a fucking gym), and give 'er. You need the right equipment but once you have a good setup you never go back. Fuck, I might even curl in the cage tonight.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Well he’s a super moderator. Duh
    I once saw this thread getting way out of hand. Like 89coupe on double steroids. Dz Nuts moderated the shit out of it and got everyone back in line. Y'all probably didn't see it, but I did. Rumour has it that he not only deletes useless banter, he spell checks too! Fuckin' legend.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 04-02-2020 at 04:11 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by V6-BoI View Post
    I two things I hate the most about resistance bands are that the resistance isn't the same throughout the whole range of motion, and it's hard finding something to anchor it on to. You can do it on a table leg or a chair leg, but if it's a heavier band you end up dragging the table or chair, or feel like you might wreck the table/chair leg. I just end up having to find creative ways to wrap it around my feet, or stepping on it. But it is better than nothing I guess.
    I tried the bowflex total gym mechanical asshole when I didn't have another option for a week. The resistance in the range of motion is annoying. I use bands with weights in some movements, but never on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Fuck that.

I spark one, get a good buzz, hit my gym (note: note home gym, a fucking gym), and give 'er. You need the right equipment but once you have a good setup you never go back. Fuck, I might even curl in the cage tonight.
    Don't know how I feel about sinking $xxxx into a gym set-up when a free one is just 2 min away. Plus after this home sequester experience I'll never want to workout (weights not cardio) at home again.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I tried the bowflex total gym mechanical asshole when I didn't have another option for a week. The resistance in the range of motion is annoying. I use bands with weights in some movements, but never on their own.

Don't know how I feel about sinking $xxxx into a gym set-up when a free one is just 2 min away. Plus after this home sequester experience I'll never want to workout (weights not cardio) at home again.
    Work gym is the best IMO. Finish work -> Crush it at the gym -> Come home and chill and not have to go out again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Fuck that.

That's going to stop you from going professional man. Everyone knows cannabis is a performance enhancer.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Curious what strain you smoke before a workout???.... everything I've ever tried in my life makes me want to sit or lie down on my couch lol and I've tried everything, indica, sativa and everything in between.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Try gods green crack

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    I would say that anyone who doesn’t realize that the current measures are necessary is not just a retard, but an arrogant retard.
    If you're only willing to look at one part of the equation, I suppose it is fair to have a completely ignorant opinion of anyone that considers other factors.

So if we start considering the entirety of the situation, what would be our course of action then? Again this is not MY opinion, this is what is being said by experts and scientists in the field, and therefore I would say is worth discussion and consideration.

What makes the current course of action "Necessary"? We already know we are not limiting transmission, we are simply slowing it. Eventually everyone is going to get this. We already know that 98%(more like 99.5% estimated) recover from the virus. The question is how many people actually recover from the virus specifically due to health care intervention? Does anybody have numbers on this?

The real key piece of information required here to make an informative decision, is what percentage of people that contract this have to be put on ventilator? And of those put on ventilator, what percentage of them are recovering?

From something I was reading it was estimating that of the small percentage of people who do require hospitalization, that 95% of them end up dying anyway. So essentially being put on a ventilator is a death sentence statistically speaking. These are high risk people with pre-existing breathing conditions for the most part, or people in poor health that have one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel already.

Hence the questioning by these experts. What they're hypothesizing is that even if we did overflow the healthcare system, we aren't really saving anyone regardless.

The other piece of information missing here, is what is the difference in transmission rate between shutting down the entire economy and keeping people home from work vs just continuing to work, but forcing everyone to where mask and gloves, and maintain distance from eachother? For some reason this keeps being looked at as a black and white choice, either all or nothing. Nobody seems to want to consider the grey areas and different protection methods we can utilize to prevent transmission. Every "essential" workplace has some version f this in place already.

My Ride

Dear Friends,

I would like to begin by thanking Misterman for not being mean to me. (pause for applause).

This is a paper titled "Estimating the risk of COVID-19 death during the course of the outbreak in Korea, February-March, 2020" pre-printed yesterday.

Here are their findings, keeping in mind that this was in South Korea with good health care, widespread testing, a culture of wearing masks when sick, and adherence to government recommendations.

Our estimates of the risk for death in Gyeongsangbuk-do reached 2.4% (95% CrI: 1.6-3.4%), 1.3% (95% CrI: 1.0-1.6%) in Daegu and 0.7% (95% CrI: 0.3-1.4%) in other regions, whereas the national estimate of the risk for death was estimated at 1.4% (95% CrI: 1.2-1.7%) in Korea. Conclusions: The relatively low CFRs are associated with the early implementation of public health interventions including widespread testing, social distancing, and delayed school openings in Korea.

My Ride

Second paper: "Sars-Cov-2: Underestimated damage to nervous system" published March 24, 2020.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...101?via%3Dihub

(I move away from the mic to breathe in)

Translation: Virus has been found in the cerebrospinal fluid of a deceased, allowing it to attack both your Central Nervous System and cause inflammation of the brain. If this virus is similar to the Herpes Simplex Virus, it is possible that you are buying it for life. More research needs to be done.

(I move away from the mic to breathe in again)

On March 4, gene sequencing confirmed the presence of SARS-CoV-2 in the cerebrospinal fluid of a 56-year-old patient with NCP in Beijing Ditan Hospital. The patient was diagnosed with viral encephalitis, and the patient's central nervous system was attacked by SARS-CoV-2. This indicates that SARS-CoV-2 can directly invade the nervous system of patients, instead of injuring the nervous system through the immune response to SARS-CoV-2.
    Therefore, an apparently innocuous human respiratory pathogen may persist in the human CNS as a component of the brain, like herpes simplex virus (HSV) in a large proportion of the population. If SARS-CoV-2 exists for a long time, like HSV, and it will recur again in predisposed individuals.
    If the SARS-CoV-2 is latent in the nervous system for a long period of time, will the cured patients reappear with neurological diseases?
    Third point.

New case in Michigan from an article published yesterday: https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...f-encephalitis
    Michigan woman, 58, tested positive for COVID19 develops acute necrotizing encephalistis.

The MRI scan identified abnormal lesions in both thalami and temporal lobes, parts of the brain that control consciousness, sensation and memory function.
    Stay safe, internet pals.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 04-02-2020 at 08:00 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    If you're only willing to look at one part of the equation, I suppose it is fair to have a completely ignorant opinion of anyone that considers other factors.

So if we start considering the entirety of the situation, what would be our course of action then? Again this is not MY opinion, this is what is being said by experts and scientists in the field, and therefore I would say is worth discussion and consideration.

What makes the current course of action "Necessary"? We already know we are not limiting transmission, we are simply slowing it. Eventually everyone is going to get this. We already know that 98%(more like 99.5% estimated) recover from the virus. The question is how many people actually recover from the virus specifically due to health care intervention? Does anybody have numbers on this?

The real key piece of information required here to make an informative decision, is what percentage of people that contract this have to be put on ventilator? And of those put on ventilator, what percentage of them are recovering?

From something I was reading it was estimating that of the small percentage of people who do require hospitalization, that 95% of them end up dying anyway. So essentially being put on a ventilator is a death sentence statistically speaking. These are high risk people with pre-existing breathing conditions for the most part, or people in poor health that have one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel already.

Hence the questioning by these experts. What they're hypothesizing is that even if we did overflow the healthcare system, we aren't really saving anyone regardless.

The other piece of information missing here, is what is the difference in transmission rate between shutting down the entire economy and keeping people home from work vs just continuing to work, but forcing everyone to where mask and gloves, and maintain distance from eachother? For some reason this keeps being looked at as a black and white choice, either all or nothing. Nobody seems to want to consider the grey areas and different protection methods we can utilize to prevent transmission. Every "essential" workplace has some version f this in place already.
    Hey, first of all, congrats on writing a reasonable post where it's only in the first paragraph where you display massive passive aggressive, cunty retardation.

Now that my response matches yours, let's get down to biz. It's about the volume of people requiring severe hospital care, all at once. That "all at once" part is critical. I'm with you that it's a very small % who ends up needing significant care, (even though çuntan thinks my previous guess at 2.5% was "still on that silly number" when it's so far looking like maybe double that is reasonable). And, I'm no giant fan of obese smokers with adult onset Diabeetus clogging or hospitals, either... But just plain ol' regular elderly people are getting fisted by this, and that's not fair.
    So let's look at it from a self-absorbed, millennial piece of shit perspective at the same time. "Fuck those crispy old people - they were gonna die, anyways. I'm going for a drive in my Viper!" Then you get hit by a gender-fluid Trudeau supporter on its way to a rally to support safe injection sites for schizophrenics and you & your wife are injured (not critically, but a fair bit). Meanwhile, my kid slips on some bullshit April ice and breaks his or her arm badly. There's no hospital for either of us because it's plugged with disease and corpse management.

Now, maybe I'm burying a kid who ended up with a bone infection from under-diagnosed breakage and you're burying a wife from internal bleeding that went unchecked, all because these crispy old fucks no one cared about plugged our hospitals. Brah - no bueno!

The infrastructure CANNOT even close to handle the load it would face of we didn't do something INSANELY DRASTIC.

So, we need to semi-isolate virtually everyone in order to reduce the % of the general population carrying infection because the care workers who help the at-risk people out are part of the general pop.

If we let the shit run wild, the infection rate in the general pop will be enormous. 70%? 98%? Maybe only 30%? And that's likely not going to bury that many of us, but it's going to GUARANTEE that enough care workers spread infection to the high-risk groups that they are literally wiped off the face of the earth. That's not cool.

I like your gloves & mask idea, but like others have mentioned, regular people are dumb as a post. Remember, an "average" person got a string of C's in high school and roughly 10-15% of the pop is approaching functional retardation. I used to work at a place where they made me where gloves "for sterilization" and it was ludicrous. I constantly pointed out that the gloves did fuck all without a sterile working procedure (which was IMPOSSIBLE) and they said "yeah, well, you're gonna have to go ahead and wear those gloves, so it's clean" derpityHerp.

With MASSIVE, proper education, I think you might be onto something that's less intrusive than what we're all enduring even if it ends up being somewhat less effective.
    Because, I'm with you in that the cascading repercussions of this shutdown are going to be felt for decades! This is such a catastrophe.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 04-02-2020 at 08:51 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fun theoretical-maybe-fact: you might be better off getting the covid today then in a couple weeks, because the local health care system is not busy, but we'll prepared.

Only works if being infected confers some long term benefit reducing your likelihood of getting it again or reducing it's severity the second time.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Interesting to see what happens in Sweden, they are taking a hybrid approach by limiting gatherings, but for the most part everything seems normal.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...-pandemic.html

Seems like they are moving towards herd immunity. If all hell breaks loose in the hospitals then the experiment has failed. Like Misterman has already mentioned, if you are hospitalized then your outlook is already grim. Might as well go home and die there, I don’t want some ventilator into my lungs to keep me alive for a few more weeks.

What’s the point of all this again? Not to overwhelm the hospitals or keep the 0.5% of the population alive for a few more years?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Fun theoretical-maybe-fact: you might be better off getting the covid today then in a couple weeks, because the local health care system is not busy, but we'll prepared.

Only works if being infected confers some long term benefit reducing your likelihood of getting it again or reducing it's severity the second time.
    ExtraSlow chicken pox / orgy party in Asspen or wherever-the-fuck!
    You think you're the first person to think of this??! Still... If 2 of those Skittles are lethal poison... Are you going to try and eat 30-40 of them "hoping" you don't get one of the lethal ones?
    I hate this situation we're in SOOOOO much and I'm still completely unaffected by it from an income perspective. What an awful scenario this must be for folks that have lost their jobs.
    No words... What an awful time to be floating around the sun.

What a difference a century makes:

My Ride

UK tried the herd immunity thing. Sweden just moved some patients into an old folks home...they cray.

Some doctors have said that if you are intubated, it's like 50/50 that you live or die. It ain't fun.

0.5% is still a very low estimate. Lowest we have seen is 1%.

If we want to know what happens when there are no restrictions, look at Spain (restrictions started very late), Brazil, Equador. Follow up on Indonesia, Pakistan, India in a week or two.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet they didn't have Animal Crossing a century ago. I hear it's good adult fun.

Page 200 of 985 FirstFirst ... 190 199 200 201 210 ... LastLast