Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 340 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 340 of 985 FirstFirst ... 330 339 340 341 350 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the govt is only suggesting and not mandating the masks, leave it to the businesses to decide? Idc so much if you wear one or not but I am doing my part to wear one as it makes sense to me
    I think most retail/entertainment business has mandated mask for their staff. But that's mostly trying appease OHS and prove that all 3 level hierarchy of control has been implemented. Every individual visiting is now an occupational hazard.

Also positive test in your staff will basically close your shop for 14-24 days thanks to isolation order unless you are profitable enough to operate on 2 different set of crews where nobody in either crew will cross contaminate with each other. We went from running 2 crews with 1 location to 3 crews in 3 locations just in case we lose any 1 crew or 1 location due to infection. I bet that's why I have seen some businesses choose not to open yet or just pack it up due to extra cost and less income. The amount of legal firms posting employment rules under COVID means they are ready to pounce on any lapse by business owners.

Only T&T had mandated mask for patron entry and I think even they have relaxed from that now as nobody is manning the entrance with IR camera any more. But thats the only store I find actually have close to 100% mask wearing so it's probably the safest place to shop if you dont mind the uber long lineups.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-23-2020 at 10:19 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Caption contest!

Attachment 92506
    Just loading these two in the Spank Bank so I can vividly recall them whilst tossing off and choking myself with my ample hoodie string.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    The nurse told me between three to five days. I have read some others have had their results much earlier or later tho.
    If you have your myhealth account set up the results will likely be available tomorrow or maybe the next day. It's on there quite a bit before you get the call (if you are negative, if its positive they call right away)

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Just loading these two in the Spank Bank so I can vividly recall them whilst tossing off and choking myself with my ample hoodie string.
    you dont go halfway, which is what i really appreciate about you.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    If you have your myhealth account set up the results will likely be available tomorrow or maybe the next day. It's on there quite a bit before you get the call (if you are negative, if its positive they call right away)
    Yeah should be up there within 12-24 hours. If not set up you can also call your family doctor earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So this doesn't seem unreasonable to me, but it may be "douche" behaviour. Tread with caution.

Luckily, my work doesn't require me to visit many places, so I don't have to make that choice multiple times every day. In my personal life, I'm still choosing a path of minimizing my interactions, as that seem least likely to cause offense or infection, regardless of mask usage by myself or others.
    I kind of the same lines of thinking as this fine, young, good looking feller.

My line of work does involve constantly new worksites but the good thing is that I usually the only one there. I carry several styles of disinfectant with me now in my Suburban and pretty much always wear gloves on the job site but that's something I've always done.

What will be changing with me is that I will be wearing a mask more often in retail establishments and it's not that I really want to but I can't control the actions of others that I might happen upon in those retail establishments and I am finding that the general public is become much more complacent about social distancing.

So if a simple mask for a little bit of time buys me a bit more protection, than a mask it will be. I still haven't seen my 80+ year old parents since 2019 and have seen my almost 80 year old MIL only once since 2019 - we are opting to do this to reduce the risks to them and even though that risk is quite remote, they and we are still taking all precautions suggested.

So it'll just be like water off of a duck's back if someone scoffs at me because I opt to wear a mask where they are not - I've got big shoulders and their most likely inflammatory comments are not going to be a bother in my life. I know what I am doing is making me a bit more safer and in doing so will be making my family and loved ones a bit more safer and even making the insulting others a bit safer as well.

I didn't need the government to tell me that smoking is unhealthy (have never smoked and came to that realization on my own) and I also don't need the government to enact legisation to make me wear a mask because it is something that is better for the masses in the long run. Unfortunately though, many do need government directives/campaigns to get them to change and even at that, there will still be those out there that will continue to touch the fire to see if it's really hot - we've got one cat like that, dumb as fuck and never learns a thing. Even after some 14 years, this cat still doesn't figure the most simple routine things out and unfortunately there are a number of humans like that out there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    Again, you seem super worked up about how the government is handling this and seem to be attacking me and my implementation of the laws they set in place. If you feel masks should be mandatory call the decision makers and stop calling everyone else not in a mask a douche
    If the government made masks mandatory would you follow those laws with this much enthusiasm, or call them out for infringing on your rights?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Caption contest!

Attachment 92506
    “Who do I need to blow to get me some shrimp around here”

Answer, rage2
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Went into the Apple store in Market mall and they took my temp and said I must wear a mask and I left my beard much mask at home and they were wanting to make me wear one of the medical ones with the ear elastics. I had to argue with them a little because when I try and wear those types the beard works its way into my mouth in about 3 sentences and it sucks balls. The final solution was they let me hold it over my mouth so I could control the hair aspect. In the end I was laughing because there was like 20 feet minimum between everybody there but whatever... I bought my machine and fucked off feeling like such a rebel!

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    If the government made masks mandatory would you follow those laws with this much enthusiasm, or call them out for infringing on your rights?
    100% if the government said they are mandatory i would wear it. Same goes when i visit customers. Some businesses require them to visit the site. I wear the mask, get the temp check and don't say anything about it.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Currently at the airport flying for work. Waiting in the terminal I’d estimate 25% of staff don’t have masks, 10-20% of customers aren’t wearing masks, and 30% of people who do aren’t covering their nose with them. I have glasses and a beard it’s barely even the slightest inconvenience to wear one, this really shouldn’t be hard for people to do for a few hours while they fly.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Just noticed fucking ADVERTISING for the CREB on my phone. What a bizarre time.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Currently at the airport flying for work. Waiting in the terminal I’d estimate 25% of staff don’t have masks, 10-20% of customers aren’t wearing masks, and 30% of people who do aren’t covering their nose with them. I have glasses and a beard it’s barely even the slightest inconvenience to wear one, this really shouldn’t be hard for people to do for a few hours while they fly.
    This is why we need the government to force us, because people are too dense to do the right thing. Hopefully they actually do when/if the second wave starts ramping up.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I have glasses and a beard it’s barely even the slightest inconvenience to wear one.
    How do you not have your glasses constantly fogged up? Whatcha wearing?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    You wear the mask first; put on glasses on top.

It's how I do mine all the time and it doesn't fog.

Name:  A897AA70-64AC-4C3D-BCC6-D2AC3503C278.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  27.8 KB

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I thought everyone at the airport, passengers & staff were supposed to have masks?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    I thought everyone at the airport, passengers & staff were supposed to have masks?
    This is part of the vast levels of inconsistency I would imagine.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

What’s the plan with the masks to wear them to the vaccine is out?? I have no plan on getting the vaccine till I’m forced to or it’s proven to work.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Apparently the Atlantic provinces are allowing travel, but only between Maritime provinces.

Good sign, hopefully that gets expanded by October when I’m planning on heading out there.

Wonder how loud the autistic screeching would be if the western provinces tried to do that
    Last edited by killramos; 06-24-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    If I exhale really hard sometimes I get a light fog but I try and tuck the mask under the bottom of my glasses like Flipstah.

It seemed like zero policing except for once on the plane. Tons of mouth breathers who must be insecure about having their faces covered for a few hours.

Page 340 of 985 FirstFirst ... 330 339 340 341 350 ... LastLast