Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 294 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 294 of 985 FirstFirst ... 284 293 294 295 304 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I wonder if the landfills have seen a large spike in input given all the new disposable items as of late.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's funny how quickly society embraces single-use plastic at a time like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

We may be seeing a huge decrease with less people eating out.

My Ride
    ute

Remember when we had the luxury of worrying about what the climate was going to look like in fifty years? Ah, those were the days.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I wonder if the landfills have seen a large spike in input given all the new disposable items as of late.
    They have, but mostly because of the amount of people bored at home and spring cleaning. I went on Wednesday after work, there was a massive lineup. The guy at the gate said it's been like this for over a week.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Seasonal cleaning, kind of forgot about that. I was thinking mostly take out/delivery packaging, lots more online shopping, gloves/masks...
    Ultracrepidarian

I'm finally throwing out my over decade old wood deck. Gotta do something to pass the time.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Yup, went there on Saturday. Took me an hour just to leave!!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Remember when we had the luxury of worrying about what the climate was going to look like in fifty years? Ah, those were the days.
    Did you catch the ZH article about the latest Michael MOORE film? Green movement has a LOT to do with corporate profits.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Gloves are kind of funny. I have seen lots of people in businesses wearing gloves and no mask. Which offers literally no protection of you aren't changing or washing the gloves often.
    I saw a guy at home depot wearing a surgical hair net last week, it was pretty awesome.

My Ride
    Edge

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says that Canada is contributing $850 million to the global fight against COVID-19, a commitment he made Monday morning during a virtual global summit focused on raising funds for research and development of vaccines and treatments for the deadly respiratory virus.

He called the funding “a beginning,” and vowed “more to come” as the international community collaborates on tackling the novel coronavirus that’s rapidly spread across the world. "

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...d-19-1.4923565

There are no words for how much of an idiot Trudeau is.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says that Canada is contributing $850 million to the global fight against COVID-19, a commitment he made Monday morning during a virtual global summit focused on raising funds for research and development of vaccines and treatments for the deadly respiratory virus.

He called the funding “a beginning,” and vowed “more to come” as the international community collaborates on tackling the novel coronavirus that’s rapidly spread across the world. "

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...d-19-1.4923565

There are no words for how much of an idiot Trudeau is.
    Hes busy building himself a position in some globalist organization. That much should be obvious given his activity with this regard (not just with this stunt).

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Hes busy building himself a position in some globalist organization. That much should be obvious given his activity with this regard (not just with this stunt).
    That, and/or grovelling for a seat on the UN Security Council. While there are currently around 250,000 deaths from COVID-19 worldwide, which is still terrible, there are going to be an estimated 83,300 deaths from cancer in Canada alone this year (https://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-info...nce/?region=on). Why not put that money towards something that has killed millions and is going to continue killing? Is it really going to take over $1 billion dollars to develop a vaccine for novel coronavirus?
    Last edited by duaner; 05-04-2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Added URL

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    That, and/or grovelling for a seat on the UN Security Council. While there are currently around 250,000 deaths from COVID-19 worldwide, which is still terrible, there are going to be an estimated 83,300 deaths from cancer in Canada alone this year (https://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-info...nce/?region=on). Why not put that money towards something that has killed millions and is going to continue killing? Is it really going to take over $1 billion dollars to develop a vaccine for novel coronavirus?
    Do you really think 1 billion would do anything for cancer research? Decades of research by every country in the world trying to find treatments and cures for cancer to no avail and thats what you'd rather we dump money into? Rather than a virus that can actually be treated and cured. There's already dozens of vaccines that are in clinical trials for COVID and at least one of them should pan out to be effective and minimal side effects.

I'd much rather we invest in our own vaccine research than end up in a scenario where a US company develops it and then the US proceeds to refuse to export it to any other countries.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The research dollars in the US are likely going to be where a vaccine comes from and trials are already ongoing using said dollars. IMO Canada isn't in an economic position to be this charitable and skeptical it's going to "aid" anything. INO, MRNA, JNJ to name a few have strong financial backing from the US Federal government and/or Bill Gates.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Do you really think 1 billion would do anything for cancer research? Decades of research by every country in the world trying to find treatments and cures for cancer to no avail and thats what you'd rather we dump money into? Rather than a virus that can actually be treated and cured. There's already dozens of vaccines that are in clinical trials for COVID and at least one of them should pan out to be effective and minimal side effects.

I'd much rather we invest in our own vaccine research than end up in a scenario where a US company develops it and then the US proceeds to refuse to export it to any other countries.
    Yes, I would rather it go to cancer research but that was just an example of one of any number of areas, diseases or otherwise, that could benefit from $850 million.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers
    IMO Canada isn't in an economic position to be this charitable and skeptical it's going to "aid" anything.
    Exactly. That is money (that we don't have) that would be better off kept in Canada which could go a long way to helping getting the economy up and running.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

How much is China donating? Better be a few billion if we're tossing in almost a bill, what the fucking fuck fuck fuck

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    How much is China donating? Better be a few billion if we're tossing in almost a bill, what the fucking fuck fuck fuck
    You clearly don't understand how virtue signalling works.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Going off the link in the article, this is is where the funds went: https://global-response.europa.eu/pledge_en

So we donated just over $550 million Euro, which works out to be about right with exchange, 850 mill CAD is 552 mill Euro going off xe

China donated just over $45 million Euro.....wat.

We donated more than fucking Saudi lol.

I need to hit up JT to see if he'll drop me a cool million bucks just because

Page 294 of 985 FirstFirst ... 284 293 294 295 304 ... LastLast