Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 715 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 715 of 985 FirstFirst ... 705 714 715 716 725 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,300 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I still have most of my early pandemic panic shopping liquor supplies. Speaking of early pandemic, has anyone else noticed that there's a lot less hand sanitizing happening now?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

16 days inventory is an appropriate amount of stock to ensure that zero people get a vaccine even a moment before it is their turn in the breadline.

Did I also mention that we import oil from saudi rather than build pipelines.

The Canadian "ethos" is translated to "retarded".

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Speaking of early pandemic, has anyone else noticed that there's a lot less hand sanitizing happening now?
    Always talking about liquor... Typical.

Ctrain hand sanitizer is always at a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I'm in a similar boat where my gym folks are basically the only people I saw in person (plus wonky knees and limited space). It was much worse during the winter and that cold stretch when it was like -30, but the weather is warming up now and we can do a lot of that stuff outside now. It may not be the most ideal replacement for the various gym activities, but I think people can make due for a month.
    We have already been making due for a year, when they told us it was only 2 weeks. So how long is "another month" going to end up being? The gym is a priority to a lot of people, and a lot of people are suffering in some form from not having access to it, regardless what you might think is doable from home.

It's all incredibly simple. A free society allows you the freedom to manage your own risk tolerance. And that is exactly how this should be managed, is by allowing people to do just that. If the healthcare system starts to stretch the seams then we triage people accordingly. It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    You guys complaining about the social aspect... You know there's millions of people who don't go to the gym, WFH, and haven't been in-person socializing for over a year too, right? Even people with pre-existing depression. It sucks, but it sucks for EVERYONE following the rules. You just want a rule to bend for you personally. You're talking like snowflakes.
    No. We want people to be afforded the freedoms to make decisions about their own life. Again, the same freedom that is supposed to allow me to live my life, also allows someone else to stay home if they prioritize safety over life.

The irony of these backwards arguments you're making, is that if this virus actually was deadly or worrisome, we wouldn't be having these discussions at all because most of us would be willingly staying home and protecting ourselves.
    Last edited by Misterman; 04-09-2021 at 07:12 PM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The irony of these backwards arguments you're making, is that if this virus actually was deadly or worrisome, we wouldn't be having these discussions at all because most of us would be willingly staying home and protecting ourselves.
    Nah, we be Florida y'all.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Overdoses aren't contagious. You aren't going to overdose by doing your regular day to day activities. Overdosing has an element of choice to it. COVID does not. There are programs to deal with the opioid crisis (regardless of how you agree or disagree with the effectiveness, I hand out tons of Narcan kits daily, send people to facilities that have programs to assist people, etc). Its a false equivalency that needs to stop getting trumpeted. Just like your previous posts of the suicide rates being out of control, when statistically for 2020 the rate was down, the narrative you're creating is incorrect
    BC saw more deaths from overdose than Covid in 2020. There needs to be a public health crisis and police in the streets 24/7 to prevent anymore ODs......oh wait we don’t care about those people. I should say, we don’t care enough about those people to do a damn thing about it. Covid on the other hand...fuck your business and your career, your friends, your entire life. We can’t have people dying with Covid, those are the real tragedies.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    BC saw more deaths from overdose than Covid in 2020. There needs to be a public health crisis and police in the streets 24/7 to prevent anymore ODs......oh wait we don’t care about those people. I should say, we don’t care enough about those people to do a damn thing about it. Covid on the other hand...fuck your business and your career, your friends, your entire life. We can’t have people dying with Covid, those are the real tragedies.
    ODs don't grow exponentially.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Covid isn’t going to wipe out the human race either, not even close.

450 Covid related (related, not cause) deaths in sask total. We have a population of 1.9million. 450 people out of 1.9million. That 450 number would obviously be higher without restrictions but not significant enough to warrant this nonsense of never ending lunacy. Just tear the bandaids off already.

My Ride
    ute

450 Covid related (related, not cause) deaths in sask total. We have a population of 1.9million. 450 people out of 1.9million. That 450 number would obviously be higher without restrictions but not significant enough to warrant this nonsense of never ending lunacy. Just tear the bandaids off already.
    how many covid deaths and cases were there 18 months ago?

My Ride

If I'm near someone who ODs, do I OD too?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    It’s called peer pressure. Duh
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

it’s called peer pressure. Duh
    rip dmx

And covid only grows exponentially until it stops, then it just sharply declines and is never heard from again. Unless of course you lock every one down and set up artificial waves of it and foster mutations for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    If you're around someone that dies from Covid, will you die? Nope, statistically you have nothing to worry about at all.

My Ride
    ute

And covid only grows exponentially until it stops, then it just sharply declines and is never heard from again. Unless of course you lock every one down and set up artificial waves of it and foster mutations for years to come.

If you're around someone that dies from Covid, will you die? Nope, statistically you have nothing to worry about at all.
    To say you are out of your depth on the technical side would be an understatement.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

That 450 number would obviously be higher without restrictions but not significant enough to warrant this nonsense
    I don't agree with this comment at all. There is virtually zero debate that this is an extremely infectious virus... especially with the newer variants. If measures were not taken it would ramp up at a stupid pace. We are already on a very steep trajectory right now and will surpass the 2nd wave shortly... and that is WITH lots of measures in place for over a year. Canada just broke a record today in new infections ffs.

Hopefully the summer will help. We all hate the restrictions, but we need to do what we can to keep numbers as low as possible for a few months longer until those who want to be protected can be. Then drop all measures.

I'm really curious how long lasting the protection actually is. It would be a shame if in a years time covid ends up offing the seniors who were vaccinated first.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Oh, they’re 1.9million now?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

To say you are out of your depth on the technical side would be an understatement.
    If the people that have been right for the past year of this are "out of their depth", that places you in a much lower category. Maybe you've heard the whole rocks in a glass house euphemism before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    We all hate the restrictions, but we need to do what we can to keep numbers as low as possible for a few months longer until those who want to be protected can be. Then drop all measures.
    No we don't NEED to do this. That is purely a personal opinion based off of whatever emotional drive you have and what end goal YOU feel is important. That's why it is such a polarizing and debatable topic. The unfortunate part is that the people on your side of this argument refuse to acknowledge any data or logic that pokes holes in their opinions, there seems to be only one side that is even willing to have the debate in the first place.
    Last edited by Misterman; 04-10-2021 at 12:39 AM.

My Ride
    ute

If the people that have been right for the past year of this are "out of their depth", that places you in a much lower category. Maybe you've heard the whole rocks in a glass house euphemism before.

When you post you're right -at most- 50% of the time. I'm starting to think that half is an accident.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I don't agree with this comment at all. There is virtually zero debate that this is an extremely infectious virus... especially with the newer variants. If measures were not taken it would ramp up at a stupid pace. Canada just broke a record today in new infections ffs.
    Case count doesn't matter.

Hopefully the summer will help. We all hate the restrictions, but we need to do what we can to keep numbers as low as possible for a few months longer until those who want to be protected can be. Then drop all measures.
    Just two weeks to flatten this curve - March 2020. I have zero faith in our government and their willingness to completely drop restrictions - including masks - once enough of the population is vaccinated.

I'm really curious how long lasting the protection actually is. It would be a shame if in a years time covid ends up offing the seniors who were vaccinated first.
    I'm really curious how many who died with covid, died from covid. We will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Oh, they’re 1.9million now?
    Should be 1.19. Sask isn't that popular. Rofl!.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Liquor stores haven’t been locked down right?

Too bad the weather blows this weekend. Nothing a fire can’t fix I suppose.
    They can't close liquor stores, that would cause too many problems with the (actual) alcohol dependent crowd so they're considered necessary
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 715 of 985 FirstFirst ... 705 714 715 716 725 ... LastLast