Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 534 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 534 of 985 FirstFirst ... 524 533 534 535 544 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,680 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's actually an employee four times over (2 Executive positions, 2 Legislative positions, 4 paycheques, 4 sets of office expenses and allowances. A sweet gig), but you defend your boy.

Lots of government employees will be excited to find out that this is the position righties are taking. So many managers now protected from scrutiny.
    I don’t consider him an employee just the same as an elected corporate board member isn’t an employee. Except government manages to fuck it up by having hundreds of the idiots.

But don’t worry, I am sure all your dog fucker government employee friends are totally in the same boat as Premier. But in reality they couldn’t handle the idea of being able to be fired like we can premier.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    It has been endlessly entertaining to watch the folks on /r/alberta and /r/calgary that absolutely seethe about Kenney spend the last three weeks screaming LOCK ME DOWN DADDY KENNEY GOVERNMENT
    It’s pretty entertaining / disturbing
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I've never heard righties be so eager for a government employee to get paid for not working.
    You are correct, government employees should not receive paycheques if they aren't working. I'd be okay with that, only if, they clawed back every cent anyone has every received from social programs like welfare and CERB. Fair is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I don’t consider him an employee
    That's nice, the government considers him an employee.

Anyway, as Calgary reaches capacity on staffed ICU beds, it is indeed entertaining to see people want the people in power to do something, to do something.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    You are correct, government employees should not receive paycheques if they aren't working. I'd be okay with that, only if, they clawed back every cent anyone has every received from social programs like welfare and CERB. Fair is fair.
    so you equate sitting at home while the government pays your entire salary and getting laid off then collecting CERB?

Actually ya, I can believe that level of entitlement came from a public worker.

Anyway, as Calgary reaches capacity on staffed ICU beds, it is indeed entertaining to see people want the people in power to do something, to do something.
    I read AHS an function beyond 100% icu capacity normally. Also there is a plan to release more icu beds in groups of 10, do you know what the maximum number they have in reserve?
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 11-24-2020 at 11:02 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That's nice, the government considers him an employee.
    Well if the government says so then it must be so!
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I mean, if they're signing the cheque?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

As head of the government he could change it, but he's a government employee, so that would require him doing the work to change it.

See?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Realistically, they should have been put on CERB or EI like everyone else. There is zero reason for tens of thousands of government workers to be getting full pay and benefits sitting at home. Or if they can’t do their normal duties at home, set them up as contact tracers, that can be done remotely and the courts needs more of those pretty much everywhere
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

... what government worker is sitting at home doing nothing? Hell, the GoA has specifically told employees that they are to be bums in chairs, regardless of their own recommendations to work alternative schedules/arrangements, just to 'show AB that we can work at the office!'

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    I read AHS an function beyond 100% icu capacity normally. Also there is a plan to release more icu beds in groups of 10, do you know what the maximum number they have in reserve?
    IIRC they have hundreds in reserve in the Calgary Zone alone, but the issue is being able to staff them (and a smaller issue being the space for them) which is why they can only bring them on in small batches at a time.

Healthcare workers can only be stretched out so far for so long. Without the necessary staffing and equipment, an ICU bed becomes a regular bed fairly quickly.

A couple workers needing to isolate here, a wing closure due to an outbreak there, and the number of physical beds (which was the issue earlier in the year) starts becoming more irrelevant, and the focus shifts to the number of usable and staffable beds very quickly. That's the place we're finding ourselves in now. Then you start getting into fatigue and quality of care issues as the system continues to get pushed.

It's what we worried about back in the spring, and are now seeing as 'entertaining'.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 11-24-2020 at 11:28 AM.

My Ride
    ute

IIRC they have hundreds in reserve in the Calgary Zone alone, but the issue is being able to staff them (and a smaller issue being the space for them) which is why they can only bring them on in small batches at a time.

Healthcare workers can only be stretched out so far for so long. Without the necessary staffing and equipment, an ICU bed becomes a regular bed fairly quickly.

A couple workers needing to isolate here, a wing closure due to an outbreak there, and the number of physical beds (which was the issue earlier in the year) starts becoming more irrelevant, and the focus shifts to the number of usable and staffable beds very quickly. That's the place we're finding ourselves in now. Then you start getting into fatigue and quality of care issues as the system continues to get pushed.

It's what we worried about back in the spring, and are now seeing as 'entertaining'.
    It's almost like this covid thing is more complicated than it being just an "issue for the vulnerable, not the rest of us."

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    It has been endlessly entertaining to watch the folks on /r/alberta and /r/calgary that absolutely seethe about Kenney spend the last three weeks screaming LOCK ME DOWN DADDY KENNEY GOVERNMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    It’s pretty entertaining / disturbing
    Took a quick look, and it’s hilarious that these people think they’re smarter and better than others. They’re bitching about not being locked down, yet they’re skirting recommendations so they can have movie nights with close friends because they’re all taking precautions lol. These idiots are more dangerous than anti maskers haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

I hope you aren’t alluding to our enjoyment of watching reddit meltdown over not being locked down by the government the hate being in line with an enjoyment of watching frontline staff strain
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Silverado

Ya it's definitely a complicated measure, but it sounds like we have significant capacity in the short term. When people are saying the icu is at 100% capacity it is important to be clear as to not cause panic, but I guess the media wants to scare people into clicks.

Even as more restrictions come into place today the numbers will still go up for 2 weeks, so hopefully it sounds like we can still accommodate anyone who requires urgent care. It seems to me that the majority of cases are from social gatherings. Can we stop people from having them without shutting down businesses and schools? Hopefully, but how? Snitch line and fines? It doesn't make sense to me to shut everything down if businesses aren't the cause. Any one else not waiting for the government to introduce measures to keep themselves and their families safe? Seems pretty straight forward to me.

My Ride
    ute

Yes people should be blaming irresponsible individual decisions on our situation, not the government for having to implement imperfect solutions.

Also:. All those years of nurses manipulating sick days and vacation days to boost OT? Payback is a bitch, yo.

My Ride
    Edge

Whatever the government does, they need to enforce it. Period. This has not gone away because enforcement has been minimal (not that it will go away entirely). They need to have some sort of official mask-exempt card for health reasons and then just fine the rest.

There are no words for the stupidity and selfishness of this:

'"Alberta Health Services recently has had to deal with several situations where designated family or support people of patients intentionally didn't disclose their COVID-19 symptom status, said Dr. Deena Hinshaw, the province's chief medical officer of health." Alberta Health Services recently has had to deal with several situations where designated family or support people of patients intentionally didn't disclose their COVID-19 symptom status, said Dr. Deena Hinshaw, the province's chief medical officer of health.'

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/med...us/ar-BB1bhhKe

People like the above should be fined $5000+. I would be fine with $10k for a stunt like that. It's one thing to not know you have COVID and spread it, but obviously quite something else to know and lie about it in an environment where many vulnerable people are. Not to mention all the doctors that could get sick and what that can all lead to.

My Ride
    ute

Can we get rid of service dogs while we're at it

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Realistically, they should have been put on CERB or EI like everyone else. There is zero reason for tens of thousands of government workers to be getting full pay and benefits sitting at home.
    If you can’t work from home, agreed. However when you look at adjusting pay for salary workers on a rotating, daily basis it becomes more of a “easier to just leave pay alone” than to make weekly pay adjustments not to mention changes to pensions. When you look at the bigger picture, paying gov workers to sit at home is a drop in the swimming pool, fiscally, compared to the Billions spent on other charity programs that go overseas. Gov won’t be saving any money by halting pay, it’s just going to create admin and personnel issues later on.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    It seems to me that the majority of cases are from social gatherings.
    Is there a breakdown somewhere that illustrates where cases are being transmitted?

Page 534 of 985 FirstFirst ... 524 533 534 535 544 ... LastLast