Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 698 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 698 of 752 FirstFirst ... 688 697 698 699 708 ... LastLast
Results 13,941 to 13,960 of 15040

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

  1. #13941
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,189
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are some studies out there putting out a 5:1 undetected/detected infection number as of July 2020 in the USA, based on detected antibodies in group of participants numbering ~250k. As with anything, take the numbers with a grain of salt and derive your own conclusions but I feel it’s plainly obvious even without such studies that we captured but a small portion of the actual number of infections. Even higher numbers are coming from Italy, France, et al, which I think makes for a safe assumption that prior total infections are resulting in highly populated countries that are getting through this well ahead of vaccination rates.
    Oh Phil... Don't you know by now that assumptions are not peer reviewed and therefore cannot be trusted? Be careful or you may end up on the "you so cray cray" list!
    Bob Blakeborough

  2. #13942
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    MuricaMuscle
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Rofl!

    Ontario expected to announce month-long provincial shutdown on Thursday
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-e...-say-1.5370752

    Just one more month and we will be through this. Lets hope this completely collapses the Ontario economy and people finally grow some balls and stand up to this nonsense.

    Half of the US is maskless and completely open, people are coming back into stadiums, arenas and other events. Canada takes one step forward, two steps back. Liberal, NDP, Cons, they are all fools.

  3. #13943
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,560
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rofl!

    Ontario expected to announce month-long provincial shutdown on Thursday
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-e...-say-1.5370752

    Just one more month and we will be through this. Lets hope this completely collapses the Ontario economy and people finally grow some balls and stand up to this nonsense.

    Half of the US is maskless and completely open, people are coming back into stadiums, arenas and other events. Canada takes one step forward, two steps back. Liberal, NDP, Cons, they are all fools.
    That's the different between 30% vaccinated vs 10%. Just look at Montana and Arizona at their pace at vaccinating seniors.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

    We ran out of time.

  4. #13944
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    MuricaMuscle
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the different between 30% vaccinated vs 10%. Just look at Montana and Arizona at their pace at vaccinating seniors.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

    We ran out of time.
    Vaccination plays a role yes, but it's not everything. I really doubt that unless Canada is over 90% vaccinated will we see a return to normalcy. We will still be wearing masks into 2022 regardless. People are shitting their pants over 30 year olds in ICUs from the different strains.

  5. #13945
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    Sierra, RDX
    Posts
    2,632
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vaccination plays a role yes, but it's not everything. I really doubt that unless Canada is over 90% vaccinated will we see a return to normalcy. We will still be wearing masks into 2022 regardless. People are shitting their pants over 30 year olds in ICUs from the different strains.
    The only reason why we won’t see it until then is politics.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

  6. #13946
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vaccination plays a role yes, but it's not everything. I really doubt that unless Canada is over 90% vaccinated will we see a return to normalcy.
    What's your feeling on getting vaccinated, again?

    What about 70% vaccinated and 20% doing some deadlifts?

  7. #13947
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,560
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vaccination plays a role yes, but it's not everything. I really doubt that unless Canada is over 90% vaccinated will we see a return to normalcy. We will still be wearing masks into 2022 regardless. People are shitting their pants over 30 year olds in ICUs from the different strains.
    And that's the huge difference. A lot of 20 somethings in US are getting their jabs now. We are still doing 50+ with conditions. Ontario is still doing 70+. US is very well posed to handle the variants than we are.

    Just compare UK to France 7day avg infection and you will see the difference in vaccination made. It's just too bad messaging around AZ scared people off. Those 1.5M doses would have helped a lot.

  8. #13948
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just too bad messaging around AZ scared people off. Those 1.5M doses would have helped a lot.
    You say this like the 1.5M doses aren't being put into arms.

  9. #13949
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    We were always going to be looking in through the window at the Americans opening up while we languished.

    US > Canada.

  10. #13950
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    985
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I think its important to note some states are also seeing rapid increases in cases, Michigan just posted its largest number of cases since before Christmas... so its not like covid is magically just gone in the US but rather I think they just don't care anymore and are at the point they'll reopen regardless of what happens and hopefully their vaccination pace is sufficiently fast enough.

    Fun fact though is Canada is administering 60% as much as the US right now on a per capita basis .... we had a slow start but we're actually picking up the pace quite quickly and that's with Moderna missing last weeks shipment and pushing it back to next week, and delaying next weeks shipment to the week after. Those two delayed shipments (1.7 million) account for doses for ~5% of Canadian adults so it is unfortunate timing but hopefully they'll get back on track.

    Canada is currently 3rd among G20 countries in doses per day ... not exactly that bad.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 04-01-2021 at 11:10 AM.
    Nolan

  11. #13951
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    MuricaMuscle
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's your feeling on getting vaccinated, again?

    What about 70% vaccinated and 20% doing some deadlifts?
    If it was offered to me after all the old, obese, immune compromised, vulnerable, sick antelope meat popsicles were taken care of, Iíd take it. Iím in no rush to get injected for something thatís insignificant to my age group and not apologizing for staying active, eating healthy and maintaining a strong immune system. The public reliance for anything, health or finance, from the government is borderline communist at this point.

  12. #13952
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's your feeling on getting vaccinated, again?

    What about 70% vaccinated and 20% doing some deadlifts?
    hhahaha

  13. #13953
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it was offered to me after all the old, obese, immune compromised, vulnerable, sick antelope meat popsicles were taken care of, Iíd take it. Iím in no rush to get injected for something thatís insignificant to my age group and not apologizing for staying active, eating healthy and maintaining a strong immune system. The public reliance for anything, health or finance, from the government is borderline communist at this point.
    I thought Good old big Pharma capitalists like Pfizer made the vaccines?

    The only thing government has to do with it is getting shots in peopleís arms, which they are predictably doing badly.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  14. #13954
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    Sierra, RDX
    Posts
    2,632
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    No additional restrictions announced today, people are being asked to follow existing guidelines and gather in a safe manner if they must.

    As much as it will make people cry and moan, Kenney has a point. They can have all the restrictions they want, but they're useless unless people actually follow them.
    Last edited by FraserB; 04-01-2021 at 04:09 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

  15. #13955
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,068
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Restrictions are most valuable as a virtue-signalling tool. Enforcing restrictions is very problematic, so they are not actually particularly useful.
    Let's all work on positivity this week.

  16. #13956
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Restrictions are most valuable as a virtue-signalling tool. Enforcing restrictions is very problematic, so they are not actually particularly useful.
    Restrictions are only virtue signalling when you tell people to follow them knowing you aren’t going to do anything about it.

    When enforced, they’re extremely effective. When not enforced but in place, very problematic.

    They don’t want to piss off the religious groups further since they’ll need donations heading to the next election, so not enforcing restrictions is their only play.

  17. #13957
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,068
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When enforced, they’re extremely effective. When not enforced but in place, very problematic.
    100% agreeeeeeeeee.
    Let's all work on positivity this week.

  18. #13958
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,576
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Which makes Alberta's restrictions almost purely for virtue signalling reasons.

  19. #13959
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It’s not like we don’t know how well people have handled personal responsibility


  20. #13960
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    Sierra, RDX
    Posts
    2,632
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Restrictions are only virtue signalling when you tell people to follow them knowing you aren’t going to do anything about it.

    When enforced, they’re extremely effective. When not enforced but in place, very problematic.

    How would you enforce the indoor gathering restrictions?

    People aren’t exactly lining up to rat their neighbours out and most people know better than to answer to door if the cops or bylaw did show up.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 698 of 752 FirstFirst ... 688 697 698 699 708 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Novel

    By krazykhoja in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
  2. Good novel suggestions

    By codo in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Latest Threads: 11-15-2005, 09:36 PM
  4. hotwiring--research for a novel

    By writer in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •