Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 256 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 256 of 985 FirstFirst ... 246 255 256 257 266 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Isn't the old adage that making your first million is the hardest?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is covered 200 pages ago. 70-80% of us will eventually get this. The lock down is never about you not catching it. Just delay the inevitable.

And that's what the lock down is about. Is make sure to slow the spread so that there will be a ventilator for you when you need it.

Sounds like AHS is preparing for next 2-3 weeks to be the peak hospitalization.. South Campus is going to be a pure COVID hospital. They just close down the maternity ward.
    So who's the Matt Damon in the Beyond story?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Misterman was on a break from the forum to produce, write, direct and star in this video:

LoL!!
    I'm starting to remember why everyone thought Misterman was a returned banned member, and think we were all correct about it.

I think this is covered 200 pages ago. 70-80% of us will eventually get this. The lock down is never about you not catching it. Just delay the inevitable.
    Yes exactly. Hence why I am surprised there is still so much misunderstanding by the fear crowd like Rural Juror for one, that's buying in to this full lockdown idea. Thinking that the lockdown is saving them from getting infected.

And that's what the lock down is about. Is make sure to slow the spread so that there will be a ventilator for you when you need it.
    And since being put on a ventilator is a statistical death sentence, the full lockdown is appearing to be a bit of a kneejerk reaction to say the least. Majority of people will get this eventually, and majority of people sick enough to be hospitalized will die regardless of whether a ventilator is available to them or not. If you're going to die anyway, is it really that comforting to know we financially crippled the entire country so you could die in a hospital instead of at home?

There is always going to be anecdotes out there, but statistically speaking this virus is killing old and unhealthy people. So instead of the above, is it perhaps worth trying to isolate the at risk crowds and allow the younger healthier folk to go out and start working on herd immunity? Well a lot of experts in the field seem to believe so.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/...urve-too-long/

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

I'll give her credit. She sure knows how to not answer a question
    Shit like this really makes you wonder why we even have a question period. She looks like the prototypical welfare mom who hasn't had her methadone yet. What’s scary is this bitch is being positioned to be the next PM, someone who cried in a meeting with Trump. She would get absolutely eaten alive by real world leaders, can't expect much leadership from her being a career fucking journalist. Gender equality!

To be fair, no one answers questions in QP, there needs to be legislation to get straight answers. At least yes/no. Everyone, from both sides, just side steps anything difficult to answer, our Parliamentary system is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    lol what? and where do you think poor people are going to get the money to buy the stocks in the first place. Doing research, opening an account and downloading a trading app is not the hard part. It's coming up with the money to buy them low.

Another thing that compounds it is that middle class/rich people have access to low interest loans which they can use to buy stocks even if they don't have the cash savings. Poor people do not have this same access to loans.

The old saying "you gotta have money to make money" 100% applies here.
    Beat me to it but yeah, in a depression when poor people are at their poorest and most desperate for money, where is this magical investment money going to come from?

But also in context of what I was saying, even if a Joe Sixpack were able to invest a few hundred dollars and managed to increase that to even $100,000 through a miracle of luck and intelligence, no one would notice. There will however be stories that come out of this depression where rich people will dip into their money piles and buy a lot of cheap stocks/properties. That's how capitalism works. What this doesn't prove are the conspiracy theories about how the Nazi-Marxist lizard-jews produced and released this virus into the population in order to do so

Think of it like this: If we are at two million confirmed cases worldwide, then its probably more like 10-20 million actual.

If 1 in 5 need hospitalization, you need to stretch it out so that at a billion people have a bed (not necessarily ventilator). This is the scale of having a planet 70% infected.

Its still very early, but at least now people are washing their hands like crazy and sanitizing as much as they can. Distancing will have the side effect of keeping everyone on the clean side of dirty, even if they start lifting distancing.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    LOL. Wow. Just Wow. If you're planning to SMOKE weed, it's pretty simple to figure out where it fits in as far as SMOKING not being recommended.
    I vape my weed. And they didnt even touch on the weed subject so I presume its still ok. Also doesnt smoking or vaping weed increase the lung capacity perhaps temporarily.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...-little-easier

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I vape my weed. And they didnt even touch on the weed subject so I presume its still ok. Also doesnt smoking or vaping weed increase the lung capacity perhaps temporarily.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...-little-easier
    I take 3 puffs from my weed pipe every night...I know it's not great, and I've been thinking of moving to a vape pen. But i haven't really been following the safety of those but I figure if they're now being sold in stores, they must be reasonably safe now? I don't want to end up with popcorn lung or anything...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Rookies... edibles and tinctures

Yeah, I'd definitely quit any inhaled substances at slightest hint of symptoms of this one. You don't want to have any impaired lung or breathing control function.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Rookies... edibles and tinctures
    Novice. Sprays.

Lol.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Novice. Sprays.

Lol.
    One could argue a tincture is a spray... depending on storage container?

Thinking that the onset time and effects are the same between smoking and ingesting.

N00bs

But on a serious note, here’s some good info:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/10/healt...ess/index.html
    Last edited by sabad66; 04-17-2020 at 10:23 AM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Thinking that the onset time and effects are the same between smoking and ingesting.

N00bs
    Clearly hasn’t had a tincture

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Clearly hasn’t had a tincture
    Curious about this tincture method, have never tried...I smoke because I like to be in control of my highs, smoke, wait 10 minutes, high for 2 hours, that's how I like it.

Side note, I've noticed many times when I'm high how great it feels to breath in nice and slow, feels amazing actually... are my lungs actually opening up more when I'm high, I don't know lol always feels like I have superhuman lungs when I'm high..

Compete opposite when I drink alcohol, because I'm kind of allergic, when I drink, my nose gets plugged up like when I have a cold..
    Last edited by 370Z; 04-17-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    Curious about this tincture method, have never tried...I smoke because I like to be in control of my highs, smoke, wait 10 minutes, high for 2 hours, that's how I like it.

Side note, I've noticed many times when I'm high how great it feels to breath in nice and slow, feels amazing actually... are my lungs actually opening up more when I'm high, I don't know lol always feels like I have superhuman lungs when I'm high..

Compete opposite when I drink alcohol, because I'm kind of allergic, when I drink, my nose gets plugged up like when I have a cold..
    Tinctures are still absorbed through blood instead of lungs. Alcohol tinctures can be felt as fast as 15 min under the tongue but could still take up to an hour to feel anything. Lungs are instant. Also effects are not the same. Tinctures would be closer to effects of edibles than smoking and there is a difference.

Depends what you are after. Instant and short lasting vs longer to feel and longer lasting. Bottom line is they are not the same.

No doubt smoking/vaping is worse than ingestion from a health benefit but my point was they are not direct equivalents effects-wise.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

That’s cause it’s a bronchodilator

But yeah that’s why I like tinctures too. Have it in a little 30ml dropper bottle, couple ml in a drink and full effects with in 10-20min (depending on I guess the same variables as when you feel your first alcoholic drink) get an instant initial buzz too... then it only lasts two hours, since everything is so quick it’s easy to maintain and top up with another drink.

Can mix with booze too, find just like smoking it exaggerates the alcohol effects... so can mix it in in some boozy drinks and at the end of the night be sober as a bird and zero hangover cause 2-3 beers does the trick

It’s adds a gin type flavour so mixes well in anything that you would have that’s fine based. Makes beers into IPA type profiles

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    And since being put on a ventilator is a statistical death sentence, the full lockdown is appearing to be a bit of a kneejerk reaction to say the least. Majority of people will get this eventually, and majority of people sick enough to be hospitalized will die regardless of whether a ventilator is available to them or not. If you're going to die anyway, is it really that comforting to know we financially crippled the entire country so you could die in a hospital instead of at home?

There is always going to be anecdotes out there, but statistically speaking this virus is killing old and unhealthy people. So instead of the above, is it perhaps worth trying to isolate the at risk crowds and allow the younger healthier folk to go out and start working on herd immunity? Well a lot of experts in the field seem to believe so.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/...urve-too-long/
    Both BoJo and some 19 year old Calgary boy survive ventilators. But it's all about others as well that need hospital resources but get none if taken up by COVID patients.

But so far we are not overwhelmed here in AB.. yet. Ontario and Quebec seems to be a shit show tho.

The problem with herd immunity is the old/weak/sick are being cared for by the younger people. So basically we are now putting a price tag on grandma/pa's life.

As USS Roosevelt has taught us, 0 social distancing for 1 month = 12% sailor got infected. 60% of those 12% are asymptomatic and 1 death. So young people will still die from this, just at 0.1% instead of 0.4%.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-17-2020 at 11:08 AM.

$1.7B from the feds to clean up orphan wells:
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fin...deau-1.5535629

Page 256 of 985 FirstFirst ... 246 255 256 257 266 ... LastLast